PDA

View Full Version : Problems in the game

softsea
03-31-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm having problems running PF v3.04.
While playing with USN fighter campaign, not only do my landing gear manually rise (I have to turn autopilot on), but during the Guadalcanal campaign, the campaign engine generates a void (no map, no enemies, no friendlies, nothing).
Apart from that, after a mission, playing whatever campaign, the system takes a long time (40 or more seconds) to generate another mission, and my computer seems to block.

Anyone nows what maybe apening?
I'm running PF on a P4-3Gz, 512Mb RAM (DDR400), ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb and Soundblaster Live.

SlickStick
03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
The gear on certain planes must be raised manually. Set keys in Controls section. Then, tap the keys until fully raised or lowered.

Not sure about the void map thing however.

SeaNorris
03-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Depends on how much hard drive space you have left to. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif on the gears though

softsea
03-31-2005, 02:45 PM
I have about 5Gb of HD space left. Don't know if its a conflict with any of the hardware or lack of RAM.

I also experience slow graphics on missions with lots of aircraft which is probably due to lack of RAM (Cacheman reports 1Mb of RAM free).

In relation to my previous mail, DGen does not generate a mission with no map (I forgot to write the word mission at the end of the sentence!!!), it generates an absolutly blank mission, which causes an error when I try to play it.

softsea
03-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I have that problem with the F4 fighter, will try your solution.

Thanks, tell you later if it works

Skycat_2
04-01-2005, 10:44 AM
The Wildcat is the USN plane with the manual landing gear. The others should all raise with the normal key stroke.

Once you assign the new keys (I use "Y" and "U") be prepared to continuously tap the proper key because it will lower/raise the gear in small increments.