PDA

View Full Version : Where are the maps?

Bearcat99
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I have a friend who is having problerms with a few maps in PF.. we suspect his map folder may be corrupt.... I wanted to give him mine.. but I cant find it. Where are they?

Bearcat99
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I have a friend who is having problerms with a few maps in PF.. we suspect his map folder may be corrupt.... I wanted to give him mine.. but I cant find it. Where are they?

Kapt_A
12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I believe they are the SFS files in the main folder. 13 of them it looks like.

fb_maps thru fb_maps11.

wayno7777
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Should be in the main folder. I have files named fb_maps01, 02 etc. in mine....

ed.plus there are map files in the NGEN folder....

Bearcat99
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks.. Ill go look.

Xiolablu3
12-27-2005, 10:43 PM
A regular on the UKded server has this trouble too, some maps loading crash his computer, Birma is one of those (not sure if this is a famous map or just one on the UKded server)

Will have to ask him if this will help.

Thanks.

Bearcat99
12-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Well the interesting thing was.. I had this guy go into the FMB... and try to load the map... said it wasnt there...

KG26_Alpha
12-28-2005, 05:13 PM
wrong patching probally

Skyfoxx1
12-29-2005, 02:47 PM
I have a squadmate with the same problem. He has re-installed several times and patched as directed here on this forum and the airwarfare guide. Still the same results. Missing Kyushu and two other terrains. Hope someone can solve this issue.

Skyfoxx1
01-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Update:
Got my squadmate squared away this weekend. I can only tell you what worked in his case. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but I suspect it will if your problem matches my squadmates.

He re-installed many times and always the same thing. There seemed to be no problem until he got to the PF disc, the program ran fine except it would hang when trying to load the NG, Kyushu and Wake Island Terrains. He could not fly missions using these terrains nor load them in the FMB.
Otherwise PF ran fine.

He ended up narrowing it down to a problem with two files which must have become corrupted somehow.

Anyway I ended up sending him a copy of the following map files to replace his own.
fb_maps07.SFS and fb_3do07.SFS

And eureka it works fine now.

Both of these files are about 70 mb a piece, to large to email, so I used the site below to post the files for download.

http://www.yousendit.com/

I still have my two copies available for download for a couple more days if anyone needs them. Just reply here or pm me and I will forward the download address to you when I get home from work.

Skyfox
<S>

Bearcat99
01-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Actually I copied my maps into his folder and it worked for him.. thanks guys for all your help..