PDA

View Full Version : MXY Ohka for Pacific Fighters

deadlyshadow210
10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Is there a way to fly the MXY Ohka on Pacific Fighters?

deadlyshadow210
10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Is there a way to fly the MXY Ohka on Pacific Fighters?

PhantomKira
11-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Yes; mods. Sorry, forum rules prohibit me telling you exactly where. Google is your friend. "IL2 mods" works nicely. Under related searches, you'll find some good ones. I recommend it, it really, really expands on the original game. However...

If you use a mod, I highly recommend backing up your game, especially things like "Skins" folders. They are not the most stable (hence Ubi's inability to support them... we can discuss to our hearts' content, just no links), and I've had to reinstall my modded game a number of times. That and research before you post. Nothing annoys people more than the latest newbie who can't be bothered to search for the answer to a question they've answered a thousand and one times, already.

P.S. "Why?" What's so nice about flying a plane that's designed to crash?

Troll2k
11-01-2010, 11:30 PM
In the old Pacific Fighters(merged or standalone) you could fly the Ohka by external view only.

You need a custom map that has the Ohka as a choice.

Have a friend taxi the carrying plane(I forget the model #)over the Ohka on the ground.Press attach and you are good to go.When you are over the target press detach and fly the Ohka from external view.

deadlyshadow210
11-02-2010, 08:45 AM
What is the custom map?

Troll2k
11-03-2010, 11:35 PM
You have to create your own map using the full mission builder.Then edit it with notepad.You must add the Ohka and the Japanese Gm4(I think.May be another model that carried the Ohka)to the planes available at the airstrips.The exact names to add are exactly as they appear on the plane folders in your skins folder.

Also once you have created a "custom" map with AI as flyable you can not edit it again with the full mission build as all the AI will be gone and you will have to start over.

To fly from external you must first choose a "real" plane and start the engine.Then you can back out and choose the Ohka and fly from external view.

Remember this is a work around.Pacific Fighters was not intended to work this way.

Romanator21
11-04-2010, 12:03 AM
To clarify, this only works online.

As Troll said, open FMB and set up a Home Base (under Objects) at some airfield. This becomes the spawn point.

Pick the color to be blue or red, and then edit the available planes for that base by using Add, or Remove.

The Ohka and G4M2 don't appear in the list, but set up a Zero or something there, and then save the mission under the Dogfight folder (other options are coop, campaign, etc.)

Close the game, find the .mis file in the folder you saved it. Open up the skins folder as well. The .mis is a text file that can be edited. Find the Ohka and G4M2 in the skins files and copy the name exactly as you see it into the .mis file where appropriate.

Save, and run the mission. Be sure to enable outside views, select the flyable (eg. Zero), then refly and select the Ohka.

However, it's going to be useless online because once you die (by ramming something) the explosion has no effect. This is an old bug that affects bombs and torpedoes as well. You can only do damage to a target by bailing out in time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif