PDA

View Full Version : Command to Fly staraight and Level!

OPP793
12-09-2004, 11:50 AM
OK I have a Microsoft Joystick.....is there a command to calibrate it wihtin the game. If not where do I do this in XP?

Thanks Guys Love the game

BuzzU
12-09-2004, 12:17 PM
I've never had that stick, but i'm guessing you calibrate in the MS software, and if not there in Windows. There is no calibation in the game, but you can check it in the input menu.

Weather_Man
12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
You can calibrate in the control panel/game controllers/properties. The MS sticks are very good at staying centered. I've not calibrated mine in over 2 years.

But, a centered stick won't make you go straight and level. You need to trim the aircraft for that.

Athosd
12-09-2004, 06:31 PM
As Weather_Man said its most likely a trim issue, MS digital sticks normally calibrate themselves every time they power up.

Identify the trim commands on your control list - elevator is the most important, followed by rudder then aileron (most planes in the sim have controllable elevator trim - fewer have the other two).
Also note that the 'trim neutral' command simply returns the trim control to its default position - some folks have the incorrect impression that its an auto trim function.

Welcome to the forum OPP793 - if you have any questions about the sim, ask away - the rate of response here is very good.

Cheers

Athos