PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Game(s) Ever?

tjbyrum1
11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I posted something similar to this on the RDR forums (over at reddead.net).

I am just curious, do you consider an Assassin's Creed game to be your favorite game of all time? If not, what games beat it an why?

My answer: no. Assassin's Creed II comes in second on my list, and Red Dead Redemption comes first. However, Assassin's Creed is certainly my favorite franchise/series.

Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed are both equally good, don't get me wrong, but RDR touches on things just a bit more. For one thing, the characters. RDR characters so much more believable, fleshed out, and just seem really unique as compared to the characters in Assassin's Creed. Red Dead's story is also more impressive, at least in my perspective it is, it feels more knit-together, and ties along really well.

Nevertheless, AC takes gameplay to a whole new level and will remain as one of the best.

tjbyrum1
11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I posted something similar to this on the RDR forums (over at reddead.net).

I am just curious, do you consider an Assassin's Creed game to be your favorite game of all time? If not, what games beat it an why?

My answer: no. Assassin's Creed II comes in second on my list, and Red Dead Redemption comes first. However, Assassin's Creed is certainly my favorite franchise/series.

Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed are both equally good, don't get me wrong, but RDR touches on things just a bit more. For one thing, the characters. RDR characters so much more believable, fleshed out, and just seem really unique as compared to the characters in Assassin's Creed. Red Dead's story is also more impressive, at least in my perspective it is, it feels more knit-together, and ties along really well.

Nevertheless, AC takes gameplay to a whole new level and will remain as one of the best.

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Well my favorite games are shooters

but I like assasin creed cus its an awesome game and when i get bore of shooter then i jump in and lay some different type of game.

Altair661
11-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Assassin's Creed 1 is my favorite game of all time. Mainly because it was the most realistic and I loved the Assassinations in it, even if some of it is repetitive. And Altair is my favorite character.

Im generally more of a long-time story kinda gamer. Like Fallout, Skyrim, Akrham City, Uncharted etc. But I do like some FPS multiplayer (hence my first 360 game was COD4).

eagleforlife1
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Red Dead Redemption is my fave for its gritty realness. AC2 is my second favourite because I liked its diverse array of real historical characters.

iN3krO
11-12-2011, 01:04 PM
My favourite game is Counter-Strike.

Assassin's Creed story stays as my favourite.

But as a global game, i prefer God of War and Call of Duty Modern Warfare serie (not only cuz of the sp but also for the mp).

I'm looking foward to play Batman Arkaham City, from the feedback i see in this forum the gameplay might be something i will like.

E-Zekiel
11-12-2011, 01:21 PM
In no particular order, though I will say flat out Assassin's Creed is most definitely my favorite series...I will just name some others.

Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2

[PROTOTYPE] (gameplay was good, story was decent but poorly presented)

Hitman series, excepting the first one. Didn't like the first one. (order of favorite to least is Blood Money, Hitman 2, Contracts)

Matrix: Path of Neo again from gameplay perspective. Ever wonder where the Batman games got their combat system? Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.
Overall it wasn't bad either but from a story perspective the ending absolutely killed it. And no, it's not the same as the ending from the movies.

inFAMOUS
inFAMOUS 2

Batman: Arkham City

Red Dead Redemption

Uncharted 2 (haven't gotten to 3 yet - will do that after xmas)

Zelda series, favorite to least: Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Link to the Past. Not looking forward to Skyward Sword, though I'll get it anyway. Combat animations look very un-inspired, and it's motion-required, apparently.

Soul Calibur 2. (played 1 and 4 as well...they were ok, but just not enough to them to qualify as a favorite.)

Sarari
11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Assassin's Creed 1 is my favorite game of all time. Mainly because it was the most realistic and I loved the Assassinations in it, even if some of it is repetitive. And Altair is my favorite character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^This

Chariflame
11-12-2011, 02:03 PM
My favorite game of all time is a tie between Metal Gear Solid 2 and Assassin's Creed II... I think as a game, MGS2 ranks over ACII, but as a whole the AC series is much, much stronger than the Metal Gear franchise and I hold it much dearer. I've given up on Metal Gear in recent years...

Silvermoth
11-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my favourite game of all time.

I would consider the Assassin's Creed franchises one of the greatest of all time but not individually just because they each tell a section of the story.

Funbun777
11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Heres my list

1. The Halo series ( the game that really got me into gaming)

2. Assassins creed series (got me to branch out of the shooter/rpg area and try some other types of games)

I like both about the same in fact im going to get acr and halo anniversary at the same day!

skuII88
11-12-2011, 04:29 PM
The ac series is definitely one of my favorite series. Other favorite games:

The old Sonic games on the Megadrive
Carmageddon 1 & 2 on pc
Road Rage on the megadrive
Rez on the ps2
SSX games on ps2
Child of eden on PS3
Uncharted series on PS3
Fahrenheit ps2
Heavy Rain ps3

Altair661
11-12-2011, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skuII88:
The ac series is definitely one of my favorite series. Other favorite games:

The old Sonic games on the Megadrive
Carmageddon 1 & 2 on pc
Road Rage on the megadrive
Rez on the ps2
SSX games on ps2
Child of eden on PS3
Uncharted series on PS3
Fahrenheit ps2
Heavy Rain ps3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally! Someone else who liked Heavy Rain! Everyone I talked to to didn't like it but I absolutley loved it!

ShaneO7K
11-12-2011, 05:14 PM
ACs story is probably one of the best i've seen in a long time.
Although I did love the original Tenchu games, I would love for it to have a reboot.
The MGS games were always great.
Halo story-wise and gameplay wise is great.
Duke Nukem 3D will always be a favourite.
The Quake games.
First two Red Factions.
Time Splitters

And there is definitely more to that list but i'll add Star Wars BattleFront, they were great games considering the hardware they had to go on.

Animuses
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
-Assassin's Creed I & II
-inFAMOUS 1 & 2 (I can't decide which inFAMOUS I like better, so I classify them as a whole.)
-Jak & Daxter
-Fallout New Vegas
-Batman Arkham Asylum
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 (up until I get to a level I can't beat)
-Red Dead Redemption

AC2 is probably my favorite game, but the inFAMOUS series is giving it a run for its money. AC1 used to be my favorite game, but AC2 ruined that for me.

I wasn't into games much as a kid, but I put in so much of my childhood playing Pokemon.

kriegerdesgottes
11-12-2011, 06:18 PM
AC is my favorite franchise of all time and then Prince of Persia. However I would say there are better made games like RDR or the Arkham games but Assassin's Creed has a certain magic to it that I just can't resist. It appeals to every possible thing that I find cool. And although I would argue that RDR and Arkham City are better games, I play AC 10 times more than I do those games.

agitatedchimp
11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chariflame:
My favorite game of all time is a tie between Metal Gear Solid 2 and Assassin's Creed II... I think as a game, MGS2 ranks over ACII, but as a whole the AC series is much, much stronger than the Metal Gear franchise and I hold it much dearer. I've given up on Metal Gear in recent years... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ this

Bipolar Matt
11-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Great question. I've been gaming for almost 25 years now. Certain games (Mario, Zelda, Goldeneye, for example have a nostalgic value to them) and will always be classic favorites.

Games have changed a lot in the last decade, however. They are so much longer and more drawn out and you can't play them all (I've never played a Mass Effect, CoD or Battlefield game; no time). So you have to pick and choose. These are the franchises I currently stick with:

Assassin's Creed
Halo
Gears of War
Fallout
Bioshock

However, I got talked into playing Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire, and absolutely loved them both (RDR is nearly a perfect game). I apparently have a weakness for Rockstar games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SleezeRocker
11-12-2011, 10:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Not looking forward to Skyward Sword, though I'll get it anyway. Combat animations look very un-inspired, and it's motion-required, apparently.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...it is on the Wii http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif lol
But honestly, IF the game was compatible with gamecube controller, I'd gladly play it that way!

Assassin's Creed is my current gen favorite series, but my first fav series ever will be The Legend of Zelda. I literally started gaming with Zelda (Link to the Past).

And I have others too so Series-wise and favorite game next to it I like:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- At the time, just LOOKING at the back of the N64 gamebox I knew it was going to be an epic-Ace game...and it was ^^

Assassin's Creed: 2 this game literally had the WOW! factor when I heard first of it's annoucement and Ezio just grew on me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
after playing Assasins's creed 1 (one of the first games when I got my ps3 christmas in 08) when I heard a new Assasisn's Creed was coming (after getting the May-June edition of gameinformer in 09) I really started geeking-out about it! lol and I just kept re-reading the AC2 article almost for 3 months during my lunch times in college. Hahaha!!

Resident evil: 2- At the time, this was my first.."real" experience of playing an M game (I had mortal kombat 3 on snes but that's a diffrent story)and I would play this game off my uncle (he was like 17 at the time as me being 7) and..kind of influenced me to horror games lol

Metal gear Solid: 3 snake eater- though my first metal gear game I played was..wel Metal gear solid 1 it was really good, at the time there was no (stealth) game like it and it was awesome. then years later I was like a sophmore in high school and snake eater released I really loved the whole jungle survival-stealth aspect of the game and it introduced CQC (close quarter combat) mechanic and...I loved playing around with CQC (and in MGS4 and MGO)

Megaman: Legends 2
though the first megaman game I played was Megaman 8 off my cousin..MML2 was MY first megaman game. It was totally diffrent from MM8's 2d style isnce MML2 was in 3D so it felt reall awesome playing as a diffrent version Megaman (his name was Megaman Volnutt or someting like that?) and well I can go on but anyways, the expereince was just awesome playing as the blue bomber...yeah it saddens me Keiji Inafune has no future plans right now for Megaman but I'll always be a fan of his MM games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Crash Bandicoot: 2 Wrath of Cortex
This game was one of my all time fav games back when I started with a playstation and it felt like a modern 3d platformer of super Mario. plus i liked the boss battles and fiddlling with the jetpack hehe!

Silent Hill: 1 Believe it or not, I liked SH1 the most! but funny thing is...I only played SH1 barely last year! my first SH game was Silent hill 3. it's a long-o tale-o but basically I really liked silent Hill 1..sure dissed me off sometimes but strangely enouogh the setting was weird! You know here you are at some kids school (which by the way ghost/scary games involving children setting=freakin weird!) and suddenly you "climb down" a chute in a tower...only to be in the "same ground level" as when climbed down and then you in some school that looks like hell (pun intended? lol)..and that was weird! XD

Pokemon:Stadium/Leaf green
Yes I was a 90's boy and near 2nd grade Pokemon was Swine flu...everyone freaked and talked about it..only no one was sick...except kids brains but whatever XD. So when PokeStadium hit N64..it was f'n awesome! As kid here you are playing Poke stadium and it felt so cool playing with 3D pokemon and kickin some Ace! haha XD which I still play on my computer time-time with Proj64..hell even my younger cousin back in Ca loves playing it!
Poke LeafGreen was one of my favorite gameboy pokemon games (I played almost all handleheld pokemon excepy Black/white) and I really loved it since it was like an upgraded version of the old Poke red/Blue gameboy games and at the time..they were like a "must-Have!" game(s) for gameboy lol

Uncharted: 2 Among thieves
I started out with Uncharted 2 for the series since I was recommended to it. Boy did I love it! What I liked about Uncharted (2) is the whole Action/ADventure style, awesome story, cinematics, humor, the charcaters it was just...fantastic! I thank my friends for recommending me the uncharted games!
which I ike better than tomb raider...I was given the TR trilogy collection but sadly...it bores me :/ I dont why but..the gameplay feels kind of..buggy like when im jumping trying to go places, its like Lara never "go's where I want her to go" so it dissed me off and stroy wise I just can't get into it. Sorry but some peopel say Lara is hot and she makes it interesting but..sadly I find her boring she's not as..."dynamic" as Ezio or Nathan Drake..hell i think even Altair shows more charcater than Lara (sorry tomb raider fans but that's my opinion)

oh boy look at me..I went all at it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

roostersrule2
11-12-2011, 11:20 PM
5. The Legend of Zelda Series.
4. Rugby League Series (only really known in Australia,New Zealand and England.
3. Red Dead Series (only played Red Dead Redemption but it's my 3rd favourite game If all time.
2. Grand Theft Auto Series
1. Assassins Creed Series

This could change as I'm getting skyrim for Christmas, but it would only be number 5 probably, also 4 and 5 are a tie.

Rogue Agent 035
11-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I'd have to put the first 3 Assassin Creed games (AC1,AC2,ACB) as my top 3. I'm more of a tactical (stealth) type gamer, but enjoy a good story as well an in my opinion pretty much they all 3 deliver on the those aspects. Don't get me wrong, who doesn't enjoy a nice FPS ever once in awhile, but you can only go roun aimlessly killin bad guys an ailens fer just so long till you begin to wonder, "An why am I doin this again"!

JMO...

JDumas - (Rouge Agent 035)

fyiByas
11-13-2011, 03:06 AM
PlayStation Stuff
Assassin's Creed Series, From Start to Finish.
Demon's / Dark Souls "Best Combat Ever!"
Shadow of Colossus "Bosses are Huge!"
ICO "Beautiful music"
Uncharted Series "Sully FTW"
From Dust "God Game"
Fancy Pants Adventures"Also haz good music/coop"
Flower "from thatgamecompany"

Games I consider getting...
The Last Guardian
Journey PSN

Nintendo
Kirby nuff said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

iN3krO
11-13-2011, 03:39 AM
How can you prefer crash 2 over crash 3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I've played every decent crash (1, 2, 3) and gave a try on crash 4 with psx2 emulator, however the emulator was bugged and sometimes i died from nowhere.

I play this game since the first one was launched back in 96 and i still play it time-time T_T

How can i have forgotten to mention it o.o

freddie_1897
11-13-2011, 04:03 AM
My favourite game at the moment is ac2, but years ago, my favourite game was star wars battlefront 2, which was great fun! Finding out that theyre making a 3rd battlefront was a good surprise and so I'll pick that up as well for sure when it comes out!

TorQue1988
11-13-2011, 09:28 AM
9)Modern Warfare Series (and Black Ops)
8)Heavy Rain
7)Mass Effect Series (especially ME2 and probably ME3)
6)Uncharted Series (especially 2 and 3)
5)LA Noire
4)Red Dead Redemption
3)Batman Arkham City (and Arkham Asylum)
2)Grand Theft Auto series (mostly San Andreas and IV,but probably the upcoming GTA V will be the best)
1)Assassin's Creed Series (especially AC2 and ACB, but probably ACR will be at least as good as AC2)

Action/adventure open-world games are my favourite.The the only memorable FPS games for me are the CoD games,only for the Singleplayer-although very short- because i don't care about muliplayer;and my favourite RPG's are the Mass Effect games.
For me it's a hard choice between AC and GTA, but i guess GTA 5 and ACR (when they come out) will be my favourite games of all time.

dxsxhxcx
11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
not in order:

Chrono Trigger
MGS
Assassin's Creed
Hitman

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Mass Effect
Guild Wars
Assassin's Creed
BioShock
Fallout
Batman Arkham Asylum/City
Transformers: War for/Fall of Cybertron
Half-Life
Portal

LightRey
11-13-2011, 10:03 AM
In no particular order:

AC1
AC2
ACB
Age of Empires 2
Megaman Battle Network 1
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 3 (either version)
Megaman Battle Network 5 (either version)
Megaman Battle Network 6 (either version)
Minecraft
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3
Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360 version)
Project Sylpheed

SleezeRocker
11-13-2011, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
In no particular order:

Megaman Battle Network 1
Megaman Battle Network 2
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Megaman Battle Network 4 (either version)</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh I have those! I loved the battle network series, even Megaman NT,the TV show ^^

LightRey
11-13-2011, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
In no particular order:

Megaman Battle Network 1
Megaman Battle Network 2
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh I have those! I loved the battle network series, even Megaman NT,the TV show ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, me too. Though the last dubbed season got kinda boring and from what I read about the rest of the series it didn't get much better.

SleezeRocker
11-13-2011, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
In no particular order:

Megaman Battle Network 1
Megaman Battle Network 2
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh I have those! I loved the battle network series, even Megaman NT,the TV show ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, me too. Though the last dubbed season got kinda boring and from what I read about the rest of the series it didn't get much better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, for me it's like on saturday I was watching where Megaman double osuled with gutsman and then next weekend...we got 2 hours of yugioh..not that I complained but it was like 'Uh..where megaman go?" But oh well still liked the show...megaman starforce dind't last long either..hell all I saw was the debut episode and then poof it was gone!

LightRey
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, for me it's like on saturday I was watching where Megaman double osuled with gutsman and then next weekend...we got 2 hours of yugioh..not that I complained but it was like 'Uh..where megaman go?" But oh well still liked the show...megaman starforce dind't last long either..hell all I saw was the debut episode and then poof it was gone! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that didn't do really well. The story of the games was always better to begin with anyways.