PDA

View Full Version : Last tomb

Airbender2010
05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Dear Ubisoft, Please fix the jump sequences in the Last tomb which requires doing directional wall jumping. Due to camera issues these jumps are to buggy and result in constant jumping back. I can understand trying to keep some level of difficulty, but flaws exist its to time consuming to try getting it right taking the enjoyment out of the game. Either fix the directional issue or make an alternate path.

Airbender2010
05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Dear Ubisoft, Please fix the jump sequences in the Last tomb which requires doing directional wall jumping. Due to camera issues these jumps are to buggy and result in constant jumping back. I can understand trying to keep some level of difficulty, but flaws exist its to time consuming to try getting it right taking the enjoyment out of the game. Either fix the directional issue or make an alternate path.

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I didn't find them too hard really, and I'm playing on a VERY laggy P4 PC. Just like the counter moves in combat, you just have to time the lateral movement whilst jumping.

Airbender2010
05-06-2010, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
I didn't find them too hard really, and I'm playing on a VERY laggy P4 PC. Just like the counter moves in combat, you just have to time the lateral movement whilst jumping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not on a pc im playing on Xbox360 the controls in some sequences are to quirky.

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Airbender2010:
Im not on a pc im playing on Xbox360 the controls in some sequences are to quirky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One could argue that a game that was made on console, then ported to PC, such as this one was, would be if anything easier to maneuver your character with a gamepad. It's easy to see by the way the character moves it's made for gamepads, and many have remarked on it.

Airbender2010
05-06-2010, 10:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Airbender2010:
Im not on a pc im playing on Xbox360 the controls in some sequences are to quirky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One could argue that a game that was made on console, then ported to PC, such as this one was, would be if anything easier to maneuver your character with a gamepad. It's easy to see by the way the character moves it's made for gamepads, and many have remarked on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all console games function as smoothly as you would say. Not to mention it takes alot commands to bind each key function in a game controller to maneuver charecters especially in games like this. PC controls are more easier binded by the player and much simpler and not as complex as comsole control.

Six_Gun
05-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Well, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the more you talk the more it sounds like you're more familiar with PC gaming than console gaming. So I'm wondering why you bought the console vs PC version? I know it does take a fairly good PC to run it though. God knows mine is not good enough for it. Getting tired of all the lag.

Anyways, as to your original post, I doubt Ubi will consider the side step jumps off walls to be too hard for players to handle. For one thing, AC 1 had them, and there's a dream sequence in AC 2 that happens well before the end tomb where you have to do a side jump off a balcony ledge to make it up the tower where Altair is chasing someone.

I think the main reason people only complain about the ones in the last tomb is that you are timed there and it can make you force the side step timing too fast maybe. There's one jump in that last tomb that's a side jump off a big cylindrical pillar (2nd one I think) that is actually best done by slowing down before you get to the pillar, then running at it. If you try do do many of these jumps with flow like free running, the camera can force bad angles.

Hope that helps, but like I said, there's not many people complaining about this, so I doubt Ubi will omit them in AC 3.

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Im not on a pc im playing on Xbox360 the controls in some sequences are to quirky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One could argue that a game that was made on console, then ported to PC, such as this one was, would be if anything easier to maneuver your character with a gamepad. It's easy to see by the way the character moves it's made for gamepads, and many have remarked on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all console games function as smoothly as you would say. Not to mention it takes alot commands to bind each key function in a game controller to maneuver charecters especially in games like this. PC controls are more easier binded by the player and much simpler and not as complex as comsole control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't play PC games because they get released unfinished as you can see over in the tech forums of the people trying to play but can't. I enjoy console games because they are better tested and less buggy. The problem I am having is cosmetic it does not mean it has to be fixed now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I was able to get through that last tomb after my last post, but now face the worry of the sequence 11 bug.

Meleth1977
05-07-2010, 03:53 AM

Not all console games function as smoothly as you would say. Not to mention it takes alot commands to bind each key function in a game controller to maneuver charecters especially in games like this. PC controls are more easier binded by the player and much simpler and not as complex as comsole control. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't play PC games because they get released unfinished as you can see over in the tech forums of the people trying to play but can't. I enjoy console games because they are better tested and less buggy. The problem I am having is cosmetic it does not mean it has to be fixed now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I was able to get through that last tomb after my last post, but now face the worry of the sequence 11 bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about buggy. I've played AC2 on a fairly decent gaming PC (about two years old) and I've only encountered one bug and the was fine once I restarted the mission. Maybe the Euro version is better then the UK/US version? Maybe people need to play on better computers?

The final tomb is tricky but after a bit of whinging in this fourm I went off and practiced the jump and then completed it in 30 minutes. It CAN be done but it does take some practicing.

Murcuseo
05-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Theres definately more factors involved in a buggy game than just the game itself. I can imagine a lot of the people that encounter numerous bugs don't maintain their systems to a very good standard, obviously theres compatibility issues aswell..

It seems to me the OP found the last tomb difficult and is in a bad mood about it, you did complete it... and if you go back and do it again you'll find it easier because you know what to do.

Not everything in the game should be made simple just so it doesn't **** people off!

Azugo
05-07-2010, 04:19 AM
Must be a PC problem 'cause I did it first time on PS3. Unless, I'm just better than everyone. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

(That was sarcasm, please, don't shout at me.)

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meleth1977:

I don't play PC games because they get released unfinished as you can see over in the tech forums of the people trying to play but can't. I enjoy console games because they are better tested and less buggy. The problem I am having is cosmetic it does not mean it has to be fixed now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I was able to get through that last tomb after my last post, but now face the worry of the sequence 11 bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about buggy. I've played AC2 on a fairly decent gaming PC (about two years old) and I've only encountered one bug and the was fine once I restarted the mission. Maybe the Euro version is better then the UK/US version? Maybe people need to play on better computers?

The final tomb is tricky but after a bit of whinging in this fourm I went off and practiced the jump and then completed it in 30 minutes. It CAN be done but it does take some practicing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may be the case with you but not every person out there has that luck playing PC games infact a higher percentage of players who buy PC games usually end up having hardware issues preventing them from enjoying the game. Also might I note that players end up spending quite abit on upgrading a PC just to play 1 or a few games only to have to do so again later on. Don't misunderstand me I think PC games are great but when it comes down to more reliability and stable play then Consoles do that.

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Theres definately more factors involved in a buggy game than just the game itself. I can imagine a lot of the people that encounter numerous bugs don't maintain their systems to a very good standard, obviously theres compatibility issues aswell..

It seems to me the OP found the last tomb difficult and is in a bad mood about it, you did complete it... and if you go back and do it again you'll find it easier because you know what to do.

Not everything in the game should be made simple just so it doesn't **** people off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to make it clear folks I have nothing against PC games my intents not to debate this. My discussions is about the Xbox360 and those who use that to play this game. Please respect that I am trying to make Ubi aware of some of the minor things that could be adjusted in later time for theXbox 360 version. It seems this discussion has got side tracked over PC vrs Consoles and I would like to not debate this because thats not why I came here or what I am posting about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thank you for your understanding..

Murcuseo
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Not everything in the game should be made simple just so it doesn't **** people off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to make it clear folks I have nothing against PC games my intents not to debate this. My discussions is about the Xbox360 and those who use that to play this game. Please respect that I am trying to make Ubi aware of some of the minor things that could be adjusted in later time for theXbox 360 version. It seems this discussion has got side tracked over PC vrs Consoles and I would like to not debate this because thats not why I came here or what I am posting about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thank you for your understanding.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point still applys, just because you find something difficult doesn't mean it should be patched out... regardless of what platform its on.

The camera was set up to make the Tombs harder, it limits the turn angle on a lot of the sequence to make things more difficult, deal with it.

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM

I want to make it clear folks I have nothing against PC games my intents not to debate this. My discussions is about the Xbox360 and those who use that to play this game. Please respect that I am trying to make Ubi aware of some of the minor things that could be adjusted in later time for theXbox 360 version. It seems this discussion has got side tracked over PC vrs Consoles and I would like to not debate this because thats not why I came here or what I am posting about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thank you for your understanding.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point still applys, just because you find something difficult doesn't mean it should be patched out... regardless of what platform its on.

The camera was set up to make the Tombs harder, it limits the turn angle on a lot of the sequence to make things more difficult, deal with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want them to make it easy friend I simply want them to calibrate or tune it out better and yes it does make a difference on what platform its designed for ergo Xbox 360. Please quit relating this to other platforms as each are designed different and are not related to functionality Of the Xbox 360. " I cleared the stage" Point being it can be done yet its still abit buggy for the Xbox 360 controller. Thanks for your input its importanthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Murcuseo
05-07-2010, 06:04 PM

The camera was set up to make the Tombs harder, it limits the turn angle on a lot of the sequence to make things more difficult, deal with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't want them to make it easy friend I simply want them to calibrate or tune it out better and yes it does make a difference on what platform its designed for ergo Xbox 360. Please quit relating this to other platforms as each are designed different and are not related to functionality Of the Xbox 360. " I cleared the stage" Point being it can be done yet its still abit buggy for the Xbox 360 controller. Thanks for your input its importanthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The end result of them recalibrating/retuning would be that it would be easier, so yes.. you do want them to make it easier although indirectly.

What you fail to understand is the way its ported onto the PC it basically is the Xbox 360 version, I've played the game with both Keyboard+Mouse and 360 controller on the PC and on the 360 itself and the result is the same.

As I said, just because you find something difficult doesn't mean it should be changed...

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 06:18 PM

I don't want them to make it easy friend I simply want them to calibrate or tune it out better and yes it does make a difference on what platform its designed for ergo Xbox 360. Please quit relating this to other platforms as each are designed different and are not related to functionality Of the Xbox 360. " I cleared the stage" Point being it can be done yet its still abit buggy for the Xbox 360 controller. Thanks for your input its importanthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The end result of them recalibrating/retuning would be that it would be easier, so yes.. you do want them to make it easier although indirectly.

What you fail to understand is the way its ported onto the PC it basically is the Xbox 360 version, I've played the game with both Keyboard+Mouse and 360 controller on the PC and on the 360 itself and the result is the same.

As I said, just because you find something difficult doesn't mean it should be changed... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to make it out like i'm wanting it to be easier thats not the case. Whether you have played it on the PC or Xbox 360 as you've claimed not everyone shares that thought. This is 360 related and I also am very savoy in PC coding aswell as Console they are not coded exactly the same way. Honestly Ubisoft really needs to split these forums up so they can be discussed for the platforms they are designed for. No Offense Rob, your trying to take what I have suggested and put it into a negative perception. I do not wis them to make it easier just because you don't agree with the controller being the issue. I am not the only one who shares this problem as I have read many forums besides this that have complained about the sloppiness of how certain moves in this game cause issues especially later on in the game. I respect your opinion and will leave it at that.

Murcuseo
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Dear Ubisoft, Please fix the jump sequences in the Last tomb which requires doing directional wall jumping. Due to camera issues these jumps are to buggy and result in constant jumping back. I can understand trying to keep some level of difficulty, but flaws exist its to time consuming to try getting it right taking the enjoyment out of the game. Either fix the directional issue or make an alternate path. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said they were coded the same way, but they play exactly the same.

Again you've missed the point... read through your original post and you'll see what I mean.

Due to camera issues these jumps are to buggy and result in constant jumping back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: I had problems getting the hang of it and found it difficult.

Its not an issue or buggy, they made it like that intentionally to make it difficult... you were obviously just pressing the wrong buttons at the wrong time or going faster than your skill allowed.

I can understand trying to keep some level of difficulty, but flaws exist its to time consuming to try getting it right taking the enjoyment out of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: I had problems getting the hang of it and found it difficult.

So, you see something thats time consuming and diffcult as a flaw and not a challenge?

Either fix the directional issue or make an alternate path. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: Make things easier so I don't get so ****ed off about not doing it properly.

People have demanded things like that on this forum before, I'll let you guess how many of them have recieved what they've demanded...

In the end if you compare the amount of people that don't see this as a "flaw" and the amount that do you'll understand.

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Rob if you don't value my opinion of this game and again This is not a discussion about the difference of PC vrs Console which you are incoherently trying to do either that or your just trolling. I'm happy the game meets Your expectation but its not for others, so quit trying to disolved this in a skill based issue because its <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> not! </pre>

Murcuseo
05-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Dude, this is a forum... just because I don't happen to agree with you doesn't make me a troll.

Forums are a place for people to discuss things, we are actually allowed to have differing opinions without eventually insulting each others mothers!

Although that tends to be the direction things go in lol

I have to admit I did get the wrong idea about which system you were talking about but my responses have been minimal in concerns to that.

I'm not trying to dissolve this into a skill issue... whatever that may mean.

Well, not just a skill issue anyway, its a skill, time and patience issue. Purely because something didn't work how you wanted, you found things difficult and time consuming you want them to patch it out or design an entirely different route for you to use lol

That just seems a little ridiculous to me, most people would find some resolve and battle through but instead you come on here and moan about it then make a request thats not only ridiculous but completely unrealistic.

Airbender2010
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Does not have nothing to do with agreeing Rob, I said "Value my Opinion" Instead your attacking my Opinion. Your trying to take my simple suggestion and turn it into a " skill based issue " I didn't ask you to agree or disagree to what I have to suggest about this particular level of the game or compare it to PC/Console relation. The suggestion was to Ubisoft whether or not they look into that is there choice. This whole thread you have been bashing me over the difficulty which its not a difficulty issues its a "controller" issue not a skill based issue. I'm happy for you if this issue is not a problem for you I respect that.We all can't have your luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Black_Widow9
05-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Please post this in one of the Feedback/Wishlist Threads. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7271009487)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>