PDA

View Full Version : A dash of truth?

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I really wanted to send this to the people who actually made the game but all I can get to is the ubisoft career's website.. that's no help. Well I figure this would be weighed pretty much the same way here as it would be by a corporation, so I thought why not?

I love Assassin's Creed. This has to be the sweetest game I've played in years. I played it three days in a row till I beat it (last night XP). I'm hoping I'll be able to get a PS3 soon, so I can continue the story when the second game is out.
Well it's a little late now to be saying this, but this is about one of the symbols that were drawn onto the floor at the end of the game. You know the pentacle? A star in a circle that looks smeared across the floor by 16's blood? (I'm assuming it's blood.. makes it more dramatic and cool that way). This is actually a symbol of protection and of Earth. I know this game is fictional, but it would be nice if the vast majority opinion wasn't just blindly accepted here about the symbol. I mean the way this game was put together was brilliant, seriously. Factually though there isn't anything sinister about the pentacle. It's sacred to a lot of the pagan community and they DON'T worship Christianity's evil incarnate "Satan".

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
I really wanted to send this to the people who actually made the game but all I can get to is the ubisoft career's website.. that's no help. Well I figure this would be weighed pretty much the same way here as it would be by a corporation, so I thought why not?

I love Assassin's Creed. This has to be the sweetest game I've played in years. I played it three days in a row till I beat it (last night XP). I'm hoping I'll be able to get a PS3 soon, so I can continue the story when the second game is out.
Well it's a little late now to be saying this, but this is about one of the symbols that were drawn onto the floor at the end of the game. You know the pentacle? A star in a circle that looks smeared across the floor by 16's blood? (I'm assuming it's blood.. makes it more dramatic and cool that way). This is actually a symbol of protection and of Earth. I know this game is fictional, but it would be nice if the vast majority opinion wasn't just blindly accepted here about the symbol. I mean the way this game was put together was brilliant, seriously. Factually though there isn't anything sinister about the pentacle. It's sacred to a lot of the pagan community and they DON'T worship Christianity's evil incarnate "Satan".

Tela
06-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Somewhat off your topic: If you have played and finished the first game, why would you need to get a ps3 for the second? It's not going to be ps3-exclusive... >_>

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Because I think Xbox sucks. Does that answer your off topic question?

drfeelgood8849
06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
how did you originally play it then?

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Are you guys seriously questioning whether or not I played the game? lol My friend actually let me borrow her PS3 because she's just that awesome.

Tela
06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serenity9066:
Because I think Xbox sucks. Does that answer your off topic question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My friend actually let me borrow her PS3 because she's just that awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that does answer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you guys seriously questioning whether or not I played the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. The comment in your first post just didn't make much sense, really.
No reason to give such a rude response. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

drfeelgood8849
06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
you made it sound as if you already owned a console, yet you wanted to buy a new one. we were just curious, you don't have to get defensive.

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh, my bad :/. When you open the door to the online community your pretty much opening yourself up to anything, so sorry if I took what you two said the wrong way.
I want a PS3 badly now though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. I lack 500+ dollars though.. to get a good one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

I don't do forums very well.

caswallawn_2k7
06-15-2009, 02:58 PM
the cross platform games are actualy prety much identical on the 360 and PS3 the only real differance is the controller preferance. other than that it just a few seconds longer loading on the 360.

KZarr
06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Here's hoping we will get more explanation is AC2 about that symbol

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the cross platform games are actualy prety much identical on the 360 and PS3 the only real differance is the controller preferance. other than that it just a few seconds longer loading on the 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a playstation fan *shrug*. I still haven't completely given up with them lol.
Xbox controllers are HUGE! Your right it does have a lot to do with controller preference. The buttons are weird to. I mean you'd think with the simple letters and colors it would be easy to get, but it feels too complicated, and bulky in my hands.. etc. You know how it is.

The PS3 definitely doesn't deflect bullets http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

godsmack_darius
06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
PS3 rocks all lol

Just had too say that

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I would have to agree, but I can't say anything till I own one. I'll take your word for it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Don't tell them that though :X. Oh whoops.

godsmack_darius
06-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, you get free Internet connection with PS3, lol

Xanatos2007
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
PC all the way! To try and answer your question though, they'll probably explain all that apocalyptic stuff during ACII & III. I think Ubisoft just threw in a bunch of symbols & references to different religions & cultures to show that "We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each lies an irreparable truth". In the sense that there is no one true interperetation of God, just fragments scattered here & there. Which makes me wonder; why is everyone still at each other's throats?

&lt;rambling?&gt;

Serenity9066
06-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Nice.

Stormpen
06-16-2009, 06:54 AM
I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

On the other hand, I think the purpose of those symbols were:

The guy in that room before Desmond was trying to warn him : the Templars are trying to end the world.

Which is translated, the Templars want to create a new world, meaning they want to ORGANIZE the world, like the old Templars.

I think they're going to use the piece of Eden (to hypnotize) and a satellite (to do it on a mass scale).

Silhouette1991
06-16-2009, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
PS3 rocks all lol

Just had too say that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>PC will always be PC.What will you do when ps3 becomes obsolete http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif?You can always upgrade your PC to be better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Xanatos2007
06-16-2009, 07:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:
I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

On the other hand, I think the purpose of those symbols were:

The guy in that room before Desmond was trying to warn him : the Templars are trying to end the world.

Which is translated, the Templars want to create a new world, meaning they want to ORGANIZE the world, like the old Templars.

I think they're going to use the piece of Eden (to hypnotize) and a satellite (to do it on a mass scale). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I wanted to say; that all religions (at least those ones) are true, and they all predicted the end of the world accurately. They need to understand peace first to live in harmony, whereas the Templars would stick you in a cell with each other so to speak. I was going to elaborate on this but realised I was rambling... here I go again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Atmon
06-16-2009, 07:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serenity9066:
I really wanted to send this to the people who actually made the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done!

Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Not all of the symbols were sinister. Like that butterfly-looking thing. It was just an interesting mathematical anomaly. Not sinister or nefarious. Just...significant and mysterious.
I don't think they're taking a stab at pagan religions or anything.

AetosEagle
08-04-2009, 05:00 AM
Is this forum full of PS3 fanboys?

I have both, play both, I even have 2 games the same on each console, and I have to say, XBOX360s graphics are better on the 2 games. I prefer the XBOX, but this isn't the time or place for an XBOX360/PS3 war.

Altaezio
08-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I own a ps3 nd a 360. so wahts the diference...in terms of....well realy wahts the difference.? is one newer nd better built?

thekyle0
08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
All I have is Xbox.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif
I want to play God of War!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Danvish
08-04-2009, 09:23 AM
I liked the writings in hebrew, it ment "The next world".

Was a nice prove of the first sentence of the game "This work of fiction has been made by people from all religious".

Very nice Ubi!

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 10:25 AM
From this and other posts of yours I've gotta say, you have as much Jewish pride as I do gay pride, Danvish. lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Edit: Didn't think too hard about the implications of that wink before i put it lol. Let's just pretend it's a http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif...Wat?

Serenity9066
08-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh ****. Who revived this thread? lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
Not all of the symbols were sinister. Like that butterfly-looking thing. It was just an interesting mathematical anomaly. Not sinister or nefarious. Just...significant and mysterious.
I don't think they're taking a stab at pagan religions or anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't assume they were taking a stab at any religion. Honestly I figured if anything they were just showing how far reaching the story of the game actually goes.

It's just that you never know, and I wanted to make sure they didn't get the pentacle symbol wrong. Didn't think they would have, but it came off that way the way it was written on the floor.

@AetosEagle You ask about PS3 fanboys? Ha. I have to deal with Xbox 360 fans all the time (we get the same stuff. We have halo. Hur watch me flex) blah. I think it's because AC was developed more for the PS3. Being so cinematic and all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fairus60
08-04-2009, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
I don't think they're taking a stab at pagan religions or anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I understood that the butterfly represents de "Butterfly Effect", which is what practically, the Animus does, a butterfly effect

thekyle0
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I just remembered a documentary I watched that talked about the free-masons. I think that the first symbol that Desmond sees (The encircled pentagram) may more significant than most of the other symbols.

The pentagram really emerged when the church began inquistitions against "heretics". Many of the heretics were mathematicians. The pentagram has many mathmatical qualities and it is was considered a symbol of balance and equality to mathematicians. The church said that the symbol was the sign of the devil so they could justify silencing these "heretics" so they couldn't gain influence from the church.

Because it showed this symbol first, I'll assume it must be one of the most important ones Desmond sees. I believe it was to suggest that conflict between the new humanist ideas and the old ideas of the church will become central in the story. I realize that this theory is late because ubi has already announced that this theme will exist in AC2 but I'm kind of smacking my forhead because I didn't think of it sooner.

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 12:35 PM
The pentacle represents goddess worship, (pagen goddess worship) more specifacley Nature worship, seeing as though me and some other people are also Pagen worshipers/Wiccans,

Sofor the people out their that think its is devil worship...Nooo

Back in the (like a llong time ago) The catholic church found out about Pagens and they were afraid their monoply on truth would shatter, so they basically said (not as simple as this but it is pretty much were it led) They framed the Pagens, and said the Wiccans worshiped the devil, and said their Pentagram represents the devil, etc etc, eventually people of the world believed it, and actually started too believe it, and started worshiping the devil too, this modern Satanism was born :d

No dis-respect to any catholics on the forums, I was just expressing my knowledge with the forums, some may not be accurate, but thats fine, if some of its wrong, then try and correct me please

---Thank You

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
too bad actual satanists use that symbol then

thekyle0
08-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Actually the five seeds in an apple were the paganist worship. It's just a misconception because of the coincidence that those seeds can form the tips of a pentagram (how did you get pentacle out of that?)

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 12:46 PM
well if you think about it Satanism isnt real

But if you are not religious or athiest

Unlike me im more spiritual and Wiccan

And if you look at the story of Adam and Eve, you will see that, god says live life the way you want it, but dont break any of my rules, now heres a perfect example of society, as soon as god said "dont eat any fruit from the forbbiden tree, the snake (Satan) said eat from it, ytou should be able to live life the way YOU want too, not the way some one ELSE wants too, So looking at that now, God looks a bit like the government (templars in Assassins creed) we are seeing in present day society and present day Assassins creed,

So, when you here the words God and Devil, you think we God is the big-ol-nice guy, and the devil is the bad guy

Question is, Why? just because their opposites doesnt mean they are evil

Hot and Cold, for example, their opposites, but who is too say which one is good and which one is bad?

So who is too say god isnt the bad one and the Devil is the good guy

Just a theory, im no religious freak or satanist, im just MIxed i Wiccan/Pagen or Spiritual, And again no disrespect to any people who are religious,

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, in this context, "Satan" refers to Christianity's antagonist. Christianity's source of beliefs is the Scriptures (generally the Bible), as opposed to many other religions that gather their beliefs from interpretation of the world around them.
In these writings, God and the Devil are never presented as opposites, like elemental opposites or anything like that.
God is supposed to be everything. The Almighty. The Devil cannot kill without God's consent, for example (Job).
Satan is always trying to seduce people into committing sins against God, who makes the rules.
If the Christian god exists, he is the absolute moral authority. If he does not, then this is a discussion about fiction, and there is no Satan. Therefor either Satan is the bad guy (by opposing the absolute moral authority), or there is no Satan.

I'm an Atheist, but I am well-read in the Bible and the history of Christian philosophy, so yeah lol.

thekyle0
08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
It is all really relevant. If everybody lived the way they wanted to then what was to stop dicourage people from anarchy. Religion provided order and sanctuary to people in a time of chaos. Unfortunatley the message had to be, "you will suffer forever if you do not follow these laws." The rest of the religioun was traditions and legends meant to convince people that these laws are worth following.

So while there may be some good and bad parts of "god and satan" The good of both was that god would protect humanity from itself and satan would show people how to enjoy themselves. The bad of both was the god would control people's lives ans satan would leave humanity to it's own state of anarchy, which meant no laws, no control, no establishments, no saftey at the time. Both paths lead to extremism and have consequences if followed too closely. That is why I personally beleive in humanist moderation. It seems best to not go far into either way and live life in the qualities of both. "Peace in all things" you could call it.

Please realize that I speak from an aetheist perspective and am not attempting to demonize any contradicting opinions.

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
It's the point I always make. Modern Western values conflict with Biblical literalist values. People would say God is evil for being controlling. It's all about whose moral standards we're peering from.
But then I remember the Madalyn Murray O'Hair approach. If a good idea comes out of any way of life, take the good idea! Don't worry so much about where it comes from, because you can take good ideas from here, there, and everywhere and make them into something even better, and you are free to discard what is useless.

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Precisly, but the expression laws are made to be broken is real, as soon as God gave the laws to adam and eave, what happened? they broke them.

But then Satan, came down and said you should live life the way YOU want, not the waqy someone else wanted, now does that seme like freewil, going by someone elses world

Edengoth, you are right, but if you look, at the bible of course it would make satan the antagnonist, but why? who seems like the evil one? God or satan? God makes us follow his rules in his own world and threatens us to send us too hell and expects us too worship him everyday, or we cant have gay marriage, etc etc,

But obviously we are conditiopned to believe God is the big good guy, but who is too say that,

Satan is the bringer of light, (Lucifer means bringer of light) Which means bringer of truth, same the illuminati (latin for the illuminated ones or the enlightened ones) but as you can see they tried to bring the same thing, world peace, (not the illuminati, thats a topic for another time)

Again, im not trying to dis respect or convert anyones beliefs, nor am I an accademic in this subject, im more philisophic in this,

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, the idea is that God is the ultimate. That our free will to perceive right and wrong is tainted by our human smallness. That he is right no matter what we believe to be right or wrong. That to free our minds (Satan's apparent goal here) is noble and good to us, that what is "good" is not up to us, but to the very one who created the concepts of good and evil.
Which is why we cannot say the biblical god is bad. It wouldn't make any sense. Either the biblical god is ultimately good, a big liar (and thus could be anything), or simply non-existant.
Make sense? Haha, sorry if it seems like I'm being preachy, but I'm just pointing out that Christianity is incompatible with "morality is relative".

Again, that doesn't reflect what I believe though.

Realjambo
08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif Just a quiet word - Discussions based on religion actually break the Terms of Use. The rule is there because it usually opens a whole can of worms and eventually religion based posts upset someone, somewhere, somehow, and they react.

All is well for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but understand if later down the line this thread gets locked. It only takes one 'wrong' post or reaction.

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Sorry Jambo, I guess we will keep it open for religious people,
Its not like we want too ds-respect anyone at all, but we can stop the subject now if you like, but I guess it is up to you or everyone else

And Edengoth dont worry man, your not being preachy, I understand it your opnion, and what I am telling you is not even what I believe, its just an interesting fact that some people overlook,

Infact, I dont even believe in the bible (not saying its bad) but concidering my beliefs are not concidered religious but rather pagen/Spiritual

And again its fine what you say about Religion to me, or faith, Like Jambo said make sure you keep in your head about the other religious people around the forumsm but dont worry about what you say too me, or what yiou have said to me bro, Im not really storng into faith or religion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif Just a quiet word - Discussions based on religion actually break the Terms of Use. The rule is there because it usually opens a whole can of worms and eventually religion based posts upset someone, somewhere, somehow, and they react.

All is well for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but understand if later down the line this thread gets locked. It only takes one 'wrong' post or reaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oops sorry. I forget myself sometimes cuz this topic fascinates me.

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Agreed, I think talking about religion,

As long as some people stay open minded about it

obliviondoll
08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I think the main motivation for assuming the worst about the pentagram in this is the connection between Templars and the "Baphomet" image which was based on a pentagram.

P.S. I forget whether it's a pentagram or pentacle, but whatever.

thekyle0
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
It's a pentagram.

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:

All is well for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but understand if later down the line this thread gets locked. It only takes one 'wrong' post or reaction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thank God someone stopped these people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif, but ya it's a pentagram, does anyone think Desmoond will see more symbols at the end of AC2?

Edengoth
08-04-2009, 11:29 PM
You could have said something if it bothers you. We don't bite... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Anyway, I think there'll be some other little surprise at the end of the game. I mean, there really isn't a reasonable way for more symbols to appear if they were written by former subjects.

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:38 PM
I just got on wen i saw all this trust me if i was here I would have siad something after the first post,

And who knows maybe it was the patient thats in Kaxen's comic

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Are you relgious d1sturbedme_468

If so I apologise about our conversation bro

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:39 PM
And ya, related to a priest and a huge Christian, like SUPER huge

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Oh, sorry man, I apologise, like we said we are not trying to dis proove religion, just sharing our opinions, and some ideas

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:50 PM
ya it's okay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif as my scriptures say, forgive those who trespass you as God does for you, it's not the exact saying but then again Im typing while watchin Scrubs

godsmack_darius
08-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Shall we all stop talking about it?

If you are affended about it?

EmperorxZurg
08-04-2009, 11:57 PM
ya, that's probably best, does anyone think what might happen for Desmond in AC2, because im pretty sure he'll see something like the eagle vision for AC1 he might get eagle feet or something

Edengoth
08-05-2009, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
Actually, I understood that the butterfly represents de "Butterfly Effect", which is what practically, the Animus does, a butterfly effect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...the animus doesn't create the butterfly effect, though.
The butterfly effect is when you alter one thing and it changes the course of the future. In the movie, The Butterfly Effect, whenever he alters the future, all the new memories pound into his brain, but that's not the butterfly effect.
I think you're confusing it with the bleeding effect, where Desmond feels the memories as his own, cuz that's what the Animus does, not altering the past to change the future.

@d1sturbed
sorry, I should have been more...well let's just say I know it's no fun to have stuff like that criticized without warning and without representation.

And anyway, I have doubts as to whether or not Desmond will still be in the Abstergo building by the end of the game. So you might be right about more symbols. But I bet he'll bleed something else from Ezio's memories...I'm still banking on Kaxen's Italian Sexiness theory, but who knows lol

SWJS
08-05-2009, 01:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
Actually, I understood that the butterfly represents de "Butterfly Effect", which is what practically, the Animus does, a butterfly effect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...the animus doesn't create the butterfly effect, though.
The butterfly effect is when you alter one thing and it changes the course of the future. In the movie, The Butterfly Effect, whenever he alters the future, all the new memories pound into his brain, but that's not the butterfly effect.
I think you're confusing it with the bleeding effect, where Desmond feels the memories as his own, cuz that's what the Animus does, not altering the past to change the future.

@d1sturbed
sorry, I should have been more...well let's just say I know it's no fun to have stuff like that criticized without warning and without representation.

And anyway, I have doubts as to whether or not Desmond will still be in the Abstergo building by the end of the game. So you might be right about more symbols. But I bet he'll bleed something else from Ezio's memories...I'm still banking on Kaxen's Italian Sexiness theory, but who knows lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol. Thanks to Kaxen I can't take Desmond seriously anymore. "I CAN RUN!" was the final nail in the coffin, since it really would be a big achievment. It'll probably be an actual achivement. "Achievement: Faster Than The Average Turtle - Run inside the walls of Abstergo"

godsmack_darius
08-05-2009, 01:32 AM
He gonna still be here, they said SOME questions about AC1 will be answered, but more questions will also be asked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Edengoth
08-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Who's still where?

EmperorxZurg
08-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Desmond in his little cell

Edengoth
08-05-2009, 01:41 AM
I guess that throws "rescued by assassins who have an animus" out the window.

godsmack_darius
08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Xanatos2007
08-05-2009, 01:43 AM
And supports my "Assassin's break in again and hijack the Animus for unknown reasons" theory.

thekyle0
08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
I guess that throws "rescued by assassins who have an animus" out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How is that theory thrown?

Patrice said that "AC2 starts right where AC1 left off, with Desmond in his cell. Literally the very next frame after he sees the writing on the wall."

I'd say that leaves the door open to "rescued by assassin's who have an animus."

Also, in the dialogue where reveals that she is an assassin(or is working with them) she ends the conversation with, "Rest up Desmond. You're gonna need it." This happens right before the final memory fighting Al Mualim. Since the game ends shortly after that memory when Desmond unlocks his Eagle Vision, the first game ends there, and the second game will start there. What Lucy said really pushes me in the direction of the escape theory.

Grimm-X67
08-05-2009, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
I guess that throws "rescued by assassins who have an animus" out the window. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How is that theory thrown?

Patrice said that "AC2 starts right where AC1 left off, with Desmond in his cell. Literally the very next frame after he sees the writing on the wall."

I'd say that leaves the door open to "rescued by assassin's who have an animus."

Also, in the dialogue where reveals that she is an assassin(or is working with them) she ends the conversation with, "Rest up Desmond. You're gonna need it." This happens right before the final memory fighting Al Mualim. Since the game ends shortly after that memory when Desmond unlocks his Eagle Vision, the first game ends there, and the second game will start there. What Lucy said really pushes me in the direction of the escape theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't let it go out the window, it might hit the Assassin's coming up the side of the building to save Desmond and Lucy. XD Ahhh, I'm such a cheap *** joker. XD Anyways, yea, that still doesn't throw it out the window, if anything it makes it more likely to occur. Desmond is alone now, and thus there's time for them to go again...in a more stealthy way than last time though...

Serenity9066
08-05-2009, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
I just got on wen i saw all this trust me if i was here I would have siad something after the first post,

And who knows maybe it was the patient thats in Kaxen's comic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you go off after the first post? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I wasn't saying anything bad about Christians or anything :/. I thought I did pretty well at staying away from controversial subjects.. other then paganism.

@thekyle0 I have a hard time taking the History channel seriously anymore. They're obsessed with the apocalypse, Hitler, and the freak'n bible code which is merely one of many tools used for divination.
A friend of mine was just talking about that same documentary today. Heh.

I would say "I hope I didn't offend anyone. Blahblah blah." But this was directed at the people who made the game. I knew this might start discussions, and I'm sorry if I caused anyone to be uncomfortable.

EmperorxZurg
08-05-2009, 09:18 PM
no i got off right before the others started talking, u didn't make any statements lol, I only got off anyways to do homework for school http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

godsmack_darius
08-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah man, d1sturbed, I hope I didnt offend you with any of my Paganism beliefs, or Any ideas (Not facts, just opin ions an ideas) but like I said, its good too be open minded about this forum,

And again, im sorry for any offence

thekyle0
08-06-2009, 07:24 AM
@thekyle0 I have a hard time taking the History channel seriously anymore. They're obsessed with the apocalypse, Hitler, and the freak'n bible code which is merely one of many tools used for divination.
A friend of mine was just talking about that same documentary today. Heh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, trust me. I only took things out of context. The whole documentary was actually about the free mason's influence on the ideals and actions of the American founding fathers (I'm not sure how seasoned you are in American history but that includes George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Handcock, etc.). I also realize that these are only conspiracy theories and not to take them too seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Serenity9066
08-06-2009, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
Lol, trust me. I only took things out of context. The whole documentary was actually about the free mason's influence on the ideals and actions of the American founding fathers (I'm not sure how seasoned you are in American history but that includes George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Handcock, etc.). I also realize that these are only conspiracy theories and not to take them too seriously. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....Yeah. I would hope I knew. Considering the most basic parts of my country's history was already hammered into me in elementary school.

Conspiracies on that? I'd rather not go there *cough* touchy subject *cough*. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif