PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft list for BoB

darkhorizon11
05-18-2006, 04:23 PM
BoB looks great from perousing the forums over the past months and the updates posted at simhq looks like the following will be in BoB if not at least all in v1.0 maybe in the coming patches.

German

bf-108 (though I saw a cockpit here a lonnggg time ago but I couldn't verify this...)
bf-109e-3 (flyable)
bf-110c-4 (rumored flyable no cockpit yet though...)
Ju-52
Ju-52 w/ floats
Ju-87b-2 (flyable)
Ju-88a-1 (flyable)
He-111H-2 (flyable)
He-111H-3
He-111P-2
He-115
He-59
FW-200C-1
He-59
Do-17
Do-215

British

Avro C-30a
Avro Anson
Beaufighter Mk.I
Blenheim Mk.IV (flyable)
Hurricane Mk.I (flyable)
Spitfire Mk.I (flyable)
Lysander Mk.II
Gladiator Mk.II (also strong rumors of a cockpit in the works)
Paul Boulton Defiant Mk.I (strong cockpit rumors...)
Walrus
Wellington

Italian

BR.20M (flyable)
Cr.42
Fiat G.50 (flyable)

Russian
Su-26 (flyable)

Also MIA or otherwise are/were the works to be included at some point...

bf-109d they weren't to common but did take part...

Fairey Battle

Swordfish

IK-3 was originally for FB then reworked, last seen in advanced stages of modeling for BoB

There was at least 3 Polish aircraft WIP on Rola's site before it went down and there are some pics running around, I remembered seeing these three but there was on or two more...
P.37 Los
Potez 531? or something like that
P.11c
P.11a
Bréguet 693
Fokker G.1

Not bad for a base planeset. I count 30 total, 10 flyable so far. Thats about the same as the original IL2 when it was first released. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EDIT: This obviously isn't official I'm not in the know more than anyone else that normally posts I was bored so I went through the screenshots on simhq and other stuff thats come up and compiled what I've seen an maybe a smiggen of what I've heard... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

darkhorizon11
05-18-2006, 04:23 PM
BoB looks great from perousing the forums over the past months and the updates posted at simhq looks like the following will be in BoB if not at least all in v1.0 maybe in the coming patches.

German

bf-108 (though I saw a cockpit here a lonnggg time ago but I couldn't verify this...)
bf-109e-3 (flyable)
bf-110c-4 (rumored flyable no cockpit yet though...)
Ju-52
Ju-52 w/ floats
Ju-87b-2 (flyable)
Ju-88a-1 (flyable)
He-111H-2 (flyable)
He-111H-3
He-111P-2
He-115
He-59
FW-200C-1
He-59
Do-17
Do-215

British

Avro C-30a
Avro Anson
Beaufighter Mk.I
Blenheim Mk.IV (flyable)
Hurricane Mk.I (flyable)
Spitfire Mk.I (flyable)
Lysander Mk.II
Gladiator Mk.II (also strong rumors of a cockpit in the works)
Paul Boulton Defiant Mk.I (strong cockpit rumors...)
Walrus
Wellington

Italian

BR.20M (flyable)
Cr.42
Fiat G.50 (flyable)

Russian
Su-26 (flyable)

Also MIA or otherwise are/were the works to be included at some point...

bf-109d they weren't to common but did take part...

Fairey Battle

Swordfish

IK-3 was originally for FB then reworked, last seen in advanced stages of modeling for BoB

There was at least 3 Polish aircraft WIP on Rola's site before it went down and there are some pics running around, I remembered seeing these three but there was on or two more...
P.37 Los
Potez 531? or something like that
P.11c
P.11a
Bréguet 693
Fokker G.1

Not bad for a base planeset. I count 30 total, 10 flyable so far. Thats about the same as the original IL2 when it was first released. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EDIT: This obviously isn't official I'm not in the know more than anyone else that normally posts I was bored so I went through the screenshots on simhq and other stuff thats come up and compiled what I've seen an maybe a smiggen of what I've heard... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Chuck_Older
05-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Spit Mk I. I can't wait

I_ZG52_Gaga
05-18-2006, 05:00 PM
If there's no BF110 flyable in 1st BoB release,
then there's no point for any further discusion.

Chuck_Older
05-18-2006, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I_ZG52_Gaga:
If there's no BF110 flyable in 1st BoB release,
then there's no point for any further discusion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not an official list Gaga

I_ZG52_Gaga
05-18-2006, 05:10 PM
I dearly hope so ...

JG53Frankyboy
05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
in a story in a russian flight magazine some time ago about the IL2 series and the comming BoB the Bf110C was annonced as flyable, sure WIP !

james_ander
05-18-2006, 06:10 PM
As excited as I am about BoB, I must admit that I will find it hard to go from being able to fly so many aircraft over so many maps to flying few aircraft over 1 map.

VF-51-Dart
05-18-2006, 06:22 PM
While I look forward to the new sim and its FMs, DMs, and weather effects, I must say that the theater doesn't do much for me. It's been done so bloody much over the years that it's lost its luster for me.

I've been waiting for years for a good PTO sim with good carrier ops, and PF is the best to date IMO. I sincerely hope that Oleg and 1C move to this theater sooner rather than later in the new sim. The PTO has never been done justice as has the Eastern and ETO. If I have to get on my knees and beg I will. LOL!

georgeo76
05-18-2006, 06:33 PM
109 is the uber, be sure

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
Spit Mk I. I can't wait </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

darkhorizon11
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Its not the same game though. The one map, and other ones following are going to be HUGE. Also the gameplay, AI, graphics will be wayyyy better than what FB has to offer. I'm expected a whole new level of gaming. I think were going to see WWII in a whole new light with this game.

Imagine AI gunners feeling fear? The terrain will staggerring the WIP shots look better than google earth, massive air raids, being able to fly full missions from takeoff to landing in realistic distances. The ability to sneak up on enemy aircraft in clouds or using the darkness...

-HH-Quazi
05-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Wow! Four flyable Axis ac and six flyable Allied ac. I guess that is really starting over, eh?

actionhank1786
05-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Just remember though guys, that's how Il-2 started out, and Oleg's said he's taking BOB the same course as Il-2.
I don't even remember what all was flyable in stock Il-2, but i can remember rolling out of bed one day, and almost crapping my pants when i saw that the Stuka got added in a patch.
It'll get even better, we just have to wait it out.

WTE_Galway
05-19-2006, 01:36 AM
no flyable defiant ?? .. maybe a should start a campaign http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

looks good historically !!

we even have the italians .. after so many hollywood movies people some how seem to forget that the italians were bombing London during the blitz along with the LW

Beaufort-RAF
05-19-2006, 02:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Wow! Four flyable Axis ac and six flyable Allied ac. I guess that is really starting over, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've totted them up wrong mate, the Italians are the axis. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

leitmotiv
05-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Looks great to me. In 1940 the 110 and Ju 88A-1 will be fascinating---esp the latter. Flyable Defiant would be a real challenge---esp in day. I understood Oleg was looking for Blenheim I cockpit images. BR 20---snore. Bf 109, Spit, Hurricane---obvious. With all the new things to digest, this should be verrrrrry eeenteresting! Would rather have a flyable Wellington for night bomber actions with 110 than a BR 20. German night bombers will be well represented. Hope there will be a flyable Beau.

JG53Frankyboy
05-19-2006, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
we even have the italians .. after so many hollywood movies people some how seem to forget that the italians were bombing London during the blitz along with the LW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

highly doubtfull !
http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/falco_bob.htm

smokincrater
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkhorizon11:

German

bf-108
bf-109e-3 (flyable)
bf-110c-4
Ju-52
Ju-52 w/ floats
Ju-87b-2 (flyable)
Ju-88a-1 (flyable)
He-111H-2 (flyable)
He-111H-3
He-115
He-59
FW-200C-1
He-59
Do-17
Do-215

British

Avro C-30a
Avro Anson
Beaufighter Mk.I?
Blenheim Mk.IV (flyable)
Hurricane Mk.I (flyable)
Spitfire Mk.I (flyable)
Lysander Mk.II
Gladiator Mk.II
Paul Boulton Defiant Mk.I
Walrus
Wellington

Italian

BR.20M (flyable)
Cr.42
Fiat G.50 (flyable)

Russian
Su-26 (flyable)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find the collection above pretty poor! Seeing that even the Gladiator is not flyable and we have one in FB+AEP+PF! Not even the BF-110 is flyable.And someone please tell me why a Russian aircraft is included in the mix!

fuser59
05-19-2006, 06:49 PM
It would really be nice to have great sound effects for a change. By this I mean the creaking and groaning sounds of aircraft surfaces under stress, as well as the great sounds of the airstream going around an open cockpit in flight, or just the simple breeze heard as you sit in your acft before starting the engine.

For all the negatives about CFS3, the sound was absolutely great for sure!

Crash_Moses
05-19-2006, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VF-51-Dart:
While I look forward to the new sim and its FMs, DMs, and weather effects, I must say that the theater doesn't do much for me. It's been done so bloody much over the years that it's lost its luster for me.

I've been waiting for years for a good PTO sim with good carrier ops, and PF is the best to date IMO. I sincerely hope that Oleg and 1C move to this theater sooner rather than later in the new sim. The PTO has never been done justice as has the Eastern and ETO. If I have to get on my knees and beg I will. LOL! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen, Brother! Testify!

But releasing BOB first will provide plenty of time to work the bugs out before 1C tackles the PTO again, IMHO. I can wait (semi-patiently). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S!

LW_lcarp
05-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Just hope we have semireal AC sounds instead of turbo charged lawnmowers

darkhorizon11
05-21-2006, 10:54 AM
If you read the fine print at the bottom I thought I've seen pics or heard rumors of Glad along with bf-109D-2 pits but since I couldn't findanything upon researching it I didn't list.

Also add the He-111P-2 and I'm 75% percent sure the Defiant will be flyable.

Blottogg
05-21-2006, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I find the collection above pretty poor! Seeing that even the Gladiator is not flyable and we have one in FB+AEP+PF! Not even the BF-110 is flyable.And someone please tell me why a Russian aircraft is included in the mix! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the article at SimHQ, the Su-26 was added in part because Oleg was tired of the griping about the flight model, and wanted to include an aicraft with well known (and easy to access) flight performance and charactaristics. I'll be really interested in the reaction from guys like TX-EcoDragon, with a lot more prop-acro time than me.

TankerAce
05-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Hmmm, I really do hope that is not an official list, or at least not final. I love FB+AEP+PF, but with BoBII, I really can't see a reason to run out and buy this new sim with the small list of flyables. The only advantage over FB+AEP+PF is the Spit I. Considering all the planes flyable even in stock FB, or stock PF, I find a measly 10 planes somewhat... insulting. Granted for other sims I can understand it, but when in FB we already have a flyable Cr.42, Gladiator (in the J8A), and Bf-110 that have been left out, and other than the Spit I, Su 26 (why?) and the BR20M all the rest are flyable in FB+AEP+PF already, I just can't see spending another 50 USD for 3 additional planes. That said, if they add the Cr.42, the Defiant, Gladiator, all He-111s, He-115, Bf-110, and Do-17 to the flyable mix I would buy it in a heart beat, but with nothing really new to the table (plane wise), I see no reason to leave the tried and true FB+AEP+PF.

That's not to say I won't ever buy it, but I'll probably wait for the bargain bin or the inevitable Gold Edition with the bundled as-to-yet-unmentoned-yet-sure-to-come expansion pack.

Add a few more flyables and I'll buy it, but if this list is anywhere near final I'd say its a step down from the IL2 series.

Tuba2004
05-21-2006, 09:00 PM
€œI've been waiting for years for a good PTO sim with good carrier ops, and PF is the best to date.€

€œBut releasing BOB first will provide plenty of time to work the bugs out before 1C tackles the PTO again, €œ

True PF is the leader now. However, it is only partly finished with NO flyable torpedo planes that belong in the Pacific campaign, although some say they were initially promised in a patch.
Therefore, I believe I will wait to purchase BOB until the flyable bf 110 and a few others actually make it into the available simulation. Once burned = twice as careful.

Beaufort-RAF
05-22-2006, 02:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TankerAce:
other than the Spit I, Su 26 (why?) and the BR20M all the rest are flyable in FB+AEP+PF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blenheim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

JG53Frankyboy
05-22-2006, 02:39 AM
some people should say byby to the way IL2 was - lots of planes, lots of variants of one planetype.
get over it.

the Storm of War series will more concentrate on less planes but much better programmed - hopefully http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

but actually, i cant see how 4 flyable axis bombertypes out of 5 used in total during BoB is "few" choices in that kind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TankerAce
05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
some people should say byby to the way IL2 was - lots of planes, lots of variants of one planetype.
get over it.

the Storm of War series will more concentrate on less planes but much better programmed - hopefully http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

but actually, i cant see how 4 flyable axis bombertypes out of 5 used in total during BoB is "few" choices in that kind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think why I am slightly bummed is it is a departure from the tried and true IL-2 method, and moving on to the general flight sim method of few planes. Why I am bummed is because it focuses on a small time period (as opposed to the war long campaigns/battles of IL2+PF) and it has relatively few planes. Sure most bomber types are flyable, that's cool. But lets have flyable planes no one else has or has done. Lets fly the He-115, lets fly the Anson, lets fly the Wellington, lets fly the FW-200 Condor. But as it is now, with the exception of the Blenheim, almost every flyable aircraft in Sotrm of War is either flyable in IL2 or in another sim. Why should I spend 50 USD to get the same old planes I have in other sims?

I like playing games about the Battle of Britain. But when I have BoB II for that already, why should I run out and get Storm of War? Sure Storm of War has more planes, but most of the planes are already found in IL2+PF. I want something new to the table, not a rehash of what has been done already. If there were more planes, or the flyables were not found in another game I would run out and by it. But with few flyables in its own right, and few of those flyables are not found in any other sim, I honestly don't see why I should run out and by it when I am perfectly happy with FB+PF for my general WW2 flight sim desires and BOBII for my BoB desire.

Not saying I don't appreciate Oleg's work, or that BoB is a bad sim, or that I will never buy it. But as it seems to represent a departure from many of the things that made IL2 and FB stand out from the myriad of flight sims out there, I see no reason why I should buy it right off, and why I shouldn't wait until the bargain bin or a gold edition with an expansion pack that is sure to come.

In all fairness though, I'll probably buy it in the first week. But I do at least hope the Bf-110, Gladiator, and Defiant are flyable by the time it is released.

JG301_nils
05-23-2006, 02:44 AM
BoB's biggest enemy (and IL2's for that matter) is time working against it. The process of including new stuff is in many cases too slow and time consuming. I fear people will loose interest after some time.
I really hope I am wrong but I fear I'm not.

Skoshi Tiger
05-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Now which Spitfire MKI will we get?

Unfortunately the Spitfire MKI evolved quite rapidly from 1939 to 1940. During that time the MKI became increasingly heaver and slower with the introduction of improved 3 bladed 2 pitch, (followed by) Rotol and de Havilland constant speed propellers, armour, and IFF equipment.

These disadvantages were offset by the introduction of 100 Octane fuel and the shorter takeoff run and improvements in climb rate that could be obtained by the new propellers and the extra supercharger boost that could be used with the higher octane fuel.

Now I recon we need a MKII spitfire (introduced in August 1940). It was basically the same as the fully updated MKI but with a more powerful Merlin XX engine that gave it an extra 110HP. But even with the increased HP it was still slower than the early MK1€s even though it was judged to be a better fighter.

One of the reasons we need a MKII is that after the Battle of Britain the MKII€s would have a very limited use in further campaign add ons. MKV€s (with all their benefits) would be more practical for a possible Malta, North Africa campaign.

If we get a late model MKI will the difference in the flight model between it and the MKII be sufficient or noticeable enough to warrant a separate version of the aircraft?

ImpStarDuece
05-23-2006, 07:10 AM
There are all sorts of interesting Spitfire Mk I variations we could get. My 3 main ones would be:

Very early service (first 50 or so produced):
2 blade, fixed-pitch metal or wooden propellor, no internal armour, no external bullet-proof windscreen, rated at 6 1/4 lbs boost for 5 minutes, no IFF aerials.

Capable of 367 mph at 18,600 feet. 11.5 minutes to 20,000 feet. Peak Roc of 2200 feet/minute

Some of these fought over Dunkirk.

Early 1940 service (first 300 or so produced):
3 blade, two pitch propellor, IFF aerials fitted, no internal armour, no external bullet-proof windscreen, 6 1/4 lbs boost clearance

Capable of 365 mph at 18,500 feet. 10.7 minutes to 20,000 feet. Peak RoC about 2,200 feet/minute

The main representative Spitfire before the June/July refit with armour and new propellors. Some operated at +12lbs boost as well.

Mid 1940 production and retrofitted early production:

3 blade, constant speed propellor, 75 lbs of internal armour, external bullet-proof windscreen fitted, +12 lbs boost clearance,
IFF aerials

Capable of 355 mph at 19,000 feet. Time to 20,000 feet just 7,7 minutes (at 6 1/2 lbs boost). Peak RoC was 2,900 feet/minute at 6 1/4 lbs boost.

This was the most representative types of Spitfire for the Battle period. Conversion to constant speed airscrews finished in early August. Top speed was about 12 mph slower than the earlier Spitfires, but it was significantly faster above and below peak throttle heights, particularly above 22,000 feet.

And we could throw in a Spitfire Mk II, with a Merlin XII rated at 9 lbs for climb, giving a peak RoC of just over 3000 feet/minute and time to 20,000 feet as 7 minutes. Top speed was 355 mph at 18,000 feet.

JG53Frankyboy
05-23-2006, 09:31 AM
its the same with the Bf109E...

there could be
Bf109E-1 , 4xMG17
Bf109E-3, 2xMG17 , 2x MG-FF
Bf109E-4 , 2xMG17 , 2x MG-FF/M (mine shells!), new canopy
Bf109E-4/N , DB601N, better high alt performance
Bf109E-7 , Droptank (JG53 for example got their first one beginning of October 1940)

not to forget the /B Fighterbomber modifications and different armour equipments. some had even fielmodificated Rearviewmirrors http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

but most propably Maddox will make only one.

McThag
05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't worry about it costing $50US. If recent history serves, it's not going to be sold here.

You will have to worry about its cost in Euros.

jolulure
05-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Ive seen out there BF 109 E-3 has :

7,9mm x 4
20mm x 1!!!!!

I used to be a fan of hard shooting... and know... even a tommy gun is stronger than that!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Not to say Spit MK.I
Which i dont remember, but I think it has 6 x 7,9mm (not sure)

ON the whole... BoB will have light armored planes..

JG53Frankyboy
05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jolulure:
Ive seen out there BF 109 E-3 has :

7,9mm x 4
20mm x 1!!!!!

I used to be a fan of hard shooting... and know... even a tommy gun is stronger than that!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Not to say Spit MK.I
Which i dont remember, but I think it has 6 x 7,9mm (not sure)

ON the whole... BoB will have light armored planes.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no Bf109E that saw combat action ever had a engine mounted weapon !
for the E-3 the given
2xMG17 at fuselage
2xMG-FF at wings
is correct

but propably you are "fishing" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
because you are giving the Spitfire I only 6x .303 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-HH-Dubbo
05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
What I wouldn't give to have a flyable Walrus and Lysander.

WTE_Galway
05-24-2006, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McThag:
I wouldn't worry about it costing $50US. If recent history serves, it's not going to be sold here.

You will have to worry about its cost in Euros. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The unconfirmed hearsay is that the cuurent issue making US sales unviable (licence fees? who knows?) may not apply if there are no US planes in the sim.

We will just have to wait and see.

JG53Frankyboy
05-24-2006, 04:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:

The unconfirmed hearsay is that the cuurent issue making US sales unviable (licence fees? who knows?) may not apply if there are no US planes in the sim.

............. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its always strange for me to read something like this.
true, im a german and a member of an virtual LW Squad (well, im online with this game since the IL2 Beta , and this time there were only axis and soviets in the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ).
BUT , my favorite scenario is the Far East - no gemrman planes there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

so, if i find a good Flight combat simulation i play it - if "my" nation is in or not.
im interested in Aerial warfare - no nation.

but sure, in a lot of cases it may be correct that peaple are looking for "their" nation's planes...............weird.

RAF_Loke
05-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Wellington http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Okay now I can't wait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
Hopefully we end with a flyable version.

Asgeir_Strips
05-24-2006, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VF-51-Dart:

I've been waiting for years for a good PTO sim with good carrier ops, and PF is the best to date IMO. I sincerely hope that Oleg and 1C move to this theater sooner rather than later in the new sim. The PTO has never been done justice as has the Eastern and ETO. If I have to get on my knees and beg I will. LOL! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the PTO is the theatre that im interested in the most.

AVG-Flying Tigers, Solomons area (flying from rabaul to Guadalcanal etc) and the later stages of the war.

VF2_Sarge
05-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Who cares!!! Is there a BoB forum yet?? Go paste your anti-PF propaganda there. And if there isn€t one, I recommend starting one.

nicolemuj
05-25-2006, 11:35 PM
I think a lot of the speculation is premature. It's still a little early to get too excercised about any of it. I'm just going to keep an eye on it and see how it turns out. So far it looks promising.

I agree that the BoB has been done to death, but I don't think it's ever been done really, really well in the way that 1C has the capacity to do it.

I'm also interested in other theaters, and I think SoW could be a good starting point for a step back to something I've always wanted to fly in: a Battle of France campaign. This would be a good first expansion for the BoB game, since they'd already have the bulk of the British and German aircraft. Let's see some MS.206s, Hawk 75s, Bloch MB.152s and Caudrons! Nothing like a little change of pace. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jolulure
05-26-2006, 03:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
no Bf109E that saw combat action ever had a engine mounted weapon !
for the E-3 the given
2xMG17 at fuselage
2xMG-FF at wings
is correct

but propably you are "fishing" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
because you are giving the Spitfire I only 6x .303 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Look here:

1 (http://www.bf109.com/evolution.html)

I also have in my historial some other pages but couldnt find... Is 4 x 7,9 and 1 x 20. Spitfire MK1 is just a ****. Water guns would even be more damaging!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PS: Frankboy. hope you are right. Cos I hate light armament.

jolulure
05-26-2006, 10:02 AM
take a look at this pics. They show Spit MK I with 8 x browning 0.303 (7,9 mm)

Furthermore, Ive seen the film "Battle of Britain", and all spits in there had 8 x 7,9.

However, german planes had everything in the nose, no wing mounted armament. That is what the film shows.

Pictures (http://www.hitechcreations.com/superfly/spit12.jpg)

csThor
05-26-2006, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jolulure:
Sure??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Look here:

1 (http://www.bf109.com/evolution.html)

I also have in my historial some other pages but couldnt find... Is 4 x 7,9 and 1 x 20. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That link just repeats the same old error over and over again. A MG FF couldn't fit between the cylinder banks as the oiltank blocked the necessary space. Only from the F-series on (whic hwas a complete redesign in that area) a hub-mounted weapon was possible, but then the MG FF of the F-0 and F-1 caused many problems because its shaking damaged the attachment points.

JG53Frankyboy
05-26-2006, 12:02 PM
take a look at this pics. They show Spit MK I with 8 x browning 0.303 (7,9 mm)

Furthermore, Ive seen the film "Battle of Britain", and all spits in there had 8 x 7,9.

However, german planes had everything in the nose, no wing mounted armament. That is what the film shows.

Pictures (http://www.hitechcreations.com/superfly/spit12.jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well:
1.its a film
2.its a film
3.its a film
4.the BoB FIlm 109s HAVE wingarmament (i have the film on DVD http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )
5. these Film 109s were licensed build , spanish HA-1112 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif - with MErlin engines btw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
6.its still a Film

jolulure
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry, did you say it was a film?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Well, so you are saying that Spit MK I will just have 6 x **** 0.303????? In that case, 100% people will be taking BFs!!!!

No that cant be true. Are you 100 per cent sure of that???

PS: Battle of britain film HEnkels are spanish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. My neighbour helped in the film piloting one of Henkels. Even though, he doesnt appear in the film.

NerdConnected
05-26-2006, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG301_nils:
BoB's biggest enemy (and IL2's for that matter) is time working against it. The process of including new stuff is in many cases too slow and time consuming. I fear people will loose interest after some time.
I really hope I am wrong but I fear I'm not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I read Oleg's words correctly (Simhq interview), BoB will be highly modular and easy to extend. Maddox would like to follow the same path as Il2, so it will take literally years before it has fully matured.

So, on the contrary, time will be Bob's biggest ally (or BoB's engine) because it will result in a new very high end flight sim with long lasting support, patches and add-ons ;-)

BoB will only serve as a starter (that appeals to a wide audience) to get things going...

Mark

JG53Frankyboy
05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Sorry, did you say it was a film?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Well, so you are saying that Spit MK I will just have 6 x **** 0.303????? In that case, 100% people will be taking BFs!!!!

No that cant be true. Are you 100 per cent sure of that???

PS: Battle of britain film HEnkels are spanish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. My neighbour helped in the film piloting one of Henkels. Even though, he doesnt appear in the film. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, at least i got it...much fun with your fishes.

jolulure
05-26-2006, 01:31 PM
What??? Didnt understand

Did some research and got following:

Spitfire MK I A: (http://www.rdrop.com/users/hoofj/SpitIa.htm) 2 x 4 x Browning 0.303 Most probable appearing at BoB. Also see this OFFICIAL link (http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/spitfire.html)

Spitfire MK I b (http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/types/uk/supermarine/spitfireI-III/Spitfire1.htm)(scroll down until "variants"): 2 x hispano + 4 x browning 0.303 apeared in June 1940. Also see this link (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/christophe.arribat/stofspit.html)