PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer?

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
So I heard about the patch, and I knew soon people would be posting up stuff demanding what they wanted from future patches. Im not demanding a multiplayer update, but Im asking if that is planned. I remember that was a big question in the prerelease period before teh game came out, but Ubisoft didn't want to release any spoilers. If anyone knows anything about this or if there was a release that mentions it, please post here. Now, Im going to put up some ideas I had about what might be cool ideas for multiplayer stuff.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 07:46 PM
So I heard about the patch, and I knew soon people would be posting up stuff demanding what they wanted from future patches. Im not demanding a multiplayer update, but Im asking if that is planned. I remember that was a big question in the prerelease period before teh game came out, but Ubisoft didn't want to release any spoilers. If anyone knows anything about this or if there was a release that mentions it, please post here. Now, Im going to put up some ideas I had about what might be cool ideas for multiplayer stuff.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 07:49 PM
1. Group assassinations

Basically a very complex and very difficult scenario that is far to dangerous for one player to complete alone. Pre-arranged strategies can be followed or players can try to develop their own strategy for winning. Most missions will involve extensive preparation and setup, coordination of different characters, both player and hired, and lengthy chases that innevitably result in all the players meeting up for a big battle against the final target, as well as alot of other guards.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM
2. Capture the Flag

Exactly like the Carnivale capture the flag game. Both people race to the flag, then try to get back to their booth, freerunning in a large map with dozens of obstacles and paths to use in evading your opponent. You'll need to tackle the other player to get the flag from them. To help out with making catching them more possible, there will be various guards in the game, like Seekers Brutes and Agiles, who all have thier own way of slowing down the one with the flag.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 07:56 PM
3. Cat and Mouse

The most obvious idea, you try to assassinate your opponent. Im going to put alot of possibilities up in this one, more than could be expected for any one minigame:

-Eagle Vision will be useable only at the one or two "Viewpoints" in the playing area, which will show your target more or less prominently based on their Notoriety, which will raise based on the targets actions, just like in the game. If incognito, your opponent will barely make any discernation from others, even by eagle vision.

-Crowds will be everywhere, and your opponent will have no way of identifying you from them other than your clothing, which should be enough of a giveaway. You will have the option before game however, to choose your atire, which can possibly help you look somewhat more like a theif or courtesan or rich merchant.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Continued

-All 3 hireable hands will return, with different functions. As the assassin, you can hire guards to help you corner and fight your target once they are located. You can hire thieves to act as seekers to search for your target, if the target is found, you will temporarily see a marker on your map and their notoriety will raise. You can hire Courtesans to temporarily thin out a crowd in a certain area, making it more difficult for your opponent to hide

-As the target, you can hire mercenaries to act as guards, who will blend in with the crowd for a period of time, and jump out shouldl your assassin show up. You can hire theives to act as impersonaters, who will look identical to you and show up in eagle vision the same as you, but will die in one hit. Your lookalike will intentionally disperse and move away from you. You can hire courtesans to thicken the crowd in any one section of the map, making it easier to blend, or making it look like you are in an area where you are not.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Continued Again

-As assassin you will have the following available to you: Smoke bomb(Stops guards, but has no effect on target) Hidden blade(Deals high damage, but cannot be used if target is doing something high profile, like running) Small Weapon(Free fighting) Knives(deal only 1/2 damage per) bullets(Higher damage, but only 1 per game) and Poision(Deals damage over time)

-As target, you can use the following: Coins(Frenzies crowd, making it difficult for assassin to move) Sword(Self Defense) Medicine(Doesn't heal, only stops poision) and open hand (Allows for pickpocketing, or even stealing knives from assassin, but raises notoriety)

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
More Continued

-You will start with a certain amount of coins to use on buying knives, poision,medicine, hiring mercenaries, or throwing to crowd. You cannot make more coins.

-You will gain points for each damage point you deal to your opponent, and lose points for each point of damage you take.You never die, the game just ends after a certain amount of rounds

-You can gain bonus points by looting chests found around the map, but you will not recieve any coins.

-All enemies not your opponent will die in one hit, be it from knife or blade or fall. You cannot beat anyone to death however. Also, becoming Assassin will put you automatically at Notorious, and a few guards will consistently search for you, but like with Auditore cape, this will revert to your previous status when you switch. All enemies will deal one half damage, but if your opponent gets a large number of enemies to attack, this will add up.

-You will play in rounds of a certain amount of time, switching off between target and Assassin multiple times before the game ends. As assassin you will wear altairs armor, as target you will pick your outfit before the game

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok, that one's done

Race: Yeah, a race through a crypt or rooftops. Obvious Freerunning, since thats probably the most unique and awesome part of the game.

Brawl: No weapons, no smoke bombs, no hired help. Just fist fighting. Holding block will eventually fail if your opponent continues to attack, so dodging and counters will be nessicary. Counters wont deal damage, but will set you up for an unblocked attack. Counters will deal damage, however, if your opponent grabs you but hesitates to do anything else.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Treasure Hunt: Your dropped in a map with tons of stuff, Statuettes, seals, chests, boats, feathers, pickpocketable merchants and Messengers. Each thing has a specific value. You have a few minutes to try to get more stuff than your opponent. You can pickpocket them too for a small amount of their score.

Race assassination: Theres a target hiding somewhere, eagle vision wont work but he stands out enough to be found just by looking. Your only weapon is the hidden blade, whoever kills the Harlequin first, wins.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Survival: See who lasts longer against a continuous onslaugt of guards with increasing strength.Medicine will become available as a pickup at various intervals, and hiding spots will also be able to be put to use, although escaping the sight of the many guards will make it difficult to put this to use.

Harshvurthun
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok Im done, but I just realized I put this in an inappropriate area, how do I move it?

kingbren08
12-10-2009, 12:55 PM
good ideas although i hated capture the flag in the main story