PDA

View Full Version : Best (FREE) screen capturing/recording software?

AnthonyA85
11-12-2011, 06:37 PM
If this is in the wrong thread, then mods, please feel free to move it.

Ok, I'm thinking of jumping on the Lets Play/Walkthrough bandwagon, and record some ACR Lets Play/Walkthroughs after i get the game on Christmas Day (I'll have to wait that long, which means I'll have to wait 6 weeks to play, instead of 2) and I want everyone's opinion/advice,

What is the best screen-capture/recording software I can get my hands on that is free and has features for editing the captured videos, since i don't really have any good editing software installed.

Thanks in advance.

AnthonyA85
11-12-2011, 06:37 PM
If this is in the wrong thread, then mods, please feel free to move it.

Ok, I'm thinking of jumping on the Lets Play/Walkthrough bandwagon, and record some ACR Lets Play/Walkthroughs after i get the game on Christmas Day (I'll have to wait that long, which means I'll have to wait 6 weeks to play, instead of 2) and I want everyone's opinion/advice,

What is the best screen-capture/recording software I can get my hands on that is free and has features for editing the captured videos, since i don't really have any good editing software installed.

Thanks in advance.

TiberiusAC
11-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Well I use FRAPS but you have to pay for it.Regardless,I think it's the best program around.There are alternatives like CamStudio,Screen Recorder and so on but they will probably mess with your FPS.Hope I helped a little!Good luck!

lostboy233
11-13-2011, 06:55 AM
I use BB flashback Express from Blueberry software, its free and does the job nicely. The only thing you need to think about is the output format. Free version lets you output as flash or .avi. If you want other formats and editing capabilities its a paid for upgrade..