PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Embers ending(Major Spoilers)

albertwesker22
11-17-2011, 07:49 AM
So this is obviously for people who have already watched Embers.

<span class="ev_code_RED">So at the end of the movie, we see Ezio in Florence with his family. The man looks like he's about to kick the bucket right there and then. Then he rests on a bench and does not look so good. Then we see a young man sit down next to him. He talks some major crap for a few seconds, Ezio really looks like he's in a bad way at this point, like he's about to die of a heart attack. Then the man grabs his hand all of a sudden and tells him "rest Ezio" </span>

So what i'm wondering is. Was Ezio's heart attack natural? Or did that man slip poison to him?

ace3001
11-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Possible, I guess. I was wondering why that guy was there. Anyhow, Embers is a disappointment. It really didn't add anything solid, and Shao Jun's presence felt really forced.

albertwesker22
11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Possible, I guess. I was wondering why that guy was there. Anyhow, Embers is a disappointment. It really didn't add anything solid, and Shao Jun's presence felt really forced.

I agree completely about Shao Jun. The soft spoken foreigner part she played felt cliché to me. Like people have been saying, she was probably there to throw us off the scent of AC 3's location.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 10:00 AM
One thing about that movie...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ezio is my favorite character! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well he was old, what can we do? But still... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

jmk1999
11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
topic moved to Hints & Tips due to spoilers.

bestscreenname
11-18-2011, 05:37 PM
He doesnt say "rest Ezio" he says "Courage, old man" in Italian then he says "get some rest...huh?"

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
11-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
One thing about that movie...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Ezio is my favorite character! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well he was old, what can we do? But still... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Exactly how i feel right now after watching Embers

Altair661
11-18-2011, 06:11 PM
I didn't find Embers exciting in anyway, I didn't like the art style the story was pointless...and quite honestly I would've liked Ezio's story to have ended like it did in ACR. Him leaving behind the Assassin life, doing his last doing to help Desmond and then go on to live with Sophia.

AswaxSora
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I was throughly disappointed with Embers. At first, the art didn't look so terrible, but if they can make graphics like the game, why was the movie so bad? The one for Brotherhood looked better because it looked like concept art. This art was just terrible.

Shao Jun's character was forced. She comes all the way from China to Italy and Ezio says,'fight for love' and then she leaves. ...The ****?

The guy at the end was the only mystery. I've heard so many things. He's a descended of Cesare, he's Death, he's young Ezio, he's a Templar, he poisoned him, etc. I don't know what to believe.

All in all, I was expecting more. I wasn't sad. Well, I was sad that nothing exciting happened about his death and that his kids are orphaned so young. Otherwise, **** movie.

Hobo95
11-27-2011, 05:47 PM
The guy is ezios younger brother picchio grown up in heaven so during the scene he is having the heart attack

MrVazir
11-30-2011, 01:17 PM
I dont think it was Picchio. You never see him having a scare like that both on the kin and the mouth.

sticks165
11-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Hobo95:
The guy is ezios younger brother picchio grown up in heaven so during the scene he is having the heart attack
you mean Petruccio? and no its not him

ddmanham5
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
who was the guy on the bench at the end of embers that triggered his heart attack and what triggered his heart attack.

PhanthomBonfi
12-05-2011, 02:20 PM
All i wonder about the embers short film is what exactly did the "mystery man" say to Ezio while he was holding his hand around 18:38mins in, something like "grat chu vecchio" all i know is that vecchio is "old", that's all i got kinda confused. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

maybe hes death, maybe he got poisoned. ahh i wanna knoww!! what was his purpose in that scene.

*Requiescat in pace Ezio vecchio amico* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

raztheassassin
12-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Personally, I hated the ending to Embers. I thought it was cruel, unnecessary and upsetting for fans. There was absolutely no need to show Ezio as a bitter, cranky and dying old man. No fan wants to remember him like that.

The Embers movie did not offer anything of value about Ezio, and it really could have been added as a shorter cinematic instead at the end of the Revelations game. It would have been far nicer to see Ezio as a retired assassin tending to his crops and looking after his wife and children after finally settling down. After all Ezio has been through, it really would have been better to see him live longer and enjoy his time outside out the Assassin Order. I don't understand why Ubisoft decided to kill him off at 65, when Altair lived to the ridiculous age of 92 in the 1200's.

I don't entirely understand what the point of Embers was. Shao Jun seemed forced upon the viewer, and I don't know why; there was no plothole to fill, no announcement yet of where the new game will be set. Also, the man on the bench with Ezio before he died has been given far too much attention. With speculation that he is anything from a Templar assassin to a complete nobody, he has become far too much of a focus to be ignored. Embers is supposed to be about Ezio's life, not a random character that some players now believe poisoned Ezio.

Overall I was very unimpressed by Ezio's ending and as a longtime AC player and diehard fan, it was no way to treat the main character who millions of fans admired and related to throughout the series.

Ezio may have had love and liberty, but Ubisoft certainly did not give him time.

Hribaldo
12-10-2011, 06:40 AM
I don't know why, but the young man from the end of Embers reminded me Vieri de Pazzi from AC II..

evilkitten28
12-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by raztheassassin:
Personally, I hated the ending to Embers. I thought it was cruel, unnecessary and upsetting for fans. There was absolutely no need to show Ezio as a bitter, cranky and dying old man. No fan wants to remember him like that.

The Embers movie did not offer anything of value about Ezio, and it really could have been added as a shorter cinematic instead at the end of the Revelations game. It would have been far nicer to see Ezio as a retired assassin tending to his crops and looking after his wife and children after finally settling down. After all Ezio has been through, it really would have been better to see him live longer and enjoy his time outside out the Assassin Order. I don't understand why Ubisoft decided to kill him off at 65, when Altair lived to the ridiculous age of 92 in the 1200's.

I don't entirely understand what the point of Embers was. Shao Jun seemed forced upon the viewer, and I don't know why; there was no plothole to fill, no announcement yet of where the new game will be set. Also, the man on the bench with Ezio before he died has been given far too much attention. With speculation that he is anything from a Templar assassin to a complete nobody, he has become far too much of a focus to be ignored. Embers is supposed to be about Ezio's life, not a random character that some players now believe poisoned Ezio.

Overall I was very unimpressed by Ezio's ending and as a longtime AC player and diehard fan, it was no way to treat the main character who millions of fans admired and related to throughout the series.

Ezio may have had love and liberty, but Ubisoft certainly did not give him time.

I agree with EVERYTHING you've said here. EVERYTHING!

joelsantos24
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree completely about Shao Jun. The soft spoken foreigner part she played felt cliché to me. Like people have been saying, she was probably there to throw us off the scent of AC 3's location.
Exactly. Regarding the young man that sat beside Ezio, I always though he was an Assassin novice, particularly because of the way he sort of reassured Ezio near the end: first given the weird "random" way in which he just shows up and sits; his reference to Rome; the advice for courage; and the touching of Ezio's hand. By the end, it was like Ezio realised who he was and was somehow reassured about the future.

eddieoctane
01-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure what to make of the guy. Leaving his family go would be very unchartacteristic of the Templars. In fact, I would expect them to go for the girls first since Ezio was in no condition to actually save them. The guy was a little too obvious in his approach to not be noticed by Ezio, especially considering how many times he was still on point with his sixth sense earlier in the film. The bracer on his right arm looked like a simple leather bracer, little trick up inside (at least, none visible)

Then again, at about 18:34, if you listen carefully, you can hear the "shwing" that usually accompanies a poison or hiden blade kill. As Ezio says "I don't think Firenze is your [shwing] problem." Add that to the creepy smile, and that Ezio doesn;t reach for his chest or arm initially, but keels over in pain. I worked in an ER, and people diving of heart attacks don't tend to fold over like that. Plus, we've got reason to believe he isn't just some random extra like the people who sat on the bench with Tom Hanks in Forest Gump. I think I'm going to call him a Templar, and I'm hoping Marcello gets to ice the dude.

irick3000
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
the man at the end was death, and ezio realized this, you see as he holds his hand, and ezio looks at him with a look of knowing, then the man smiles and nods as if to say, yes it is time. it is very clear that this man was death. this movie may not be anything other than a final close to ezios story.

Melencolia1
02-03-2012, 05:56 AM
I think, this man was ordinary man and Ezio died normally. Only heartattack. I think it is simple story :)