PDA

View Full Version : wish list?

badmack
12-15-2004, 02:31 AM
Is there a more appropriate place to post a suggestion/wish list? If so my apologies.

The one thing I would like to see considered is a way to edit or adjust the trim delay. Somewhere I read that some people like it and others don't. Being able to edit a config or ini file would accomodate all of us. For my part I like being able to micro adjust attitude with a trim wheel on approach which seems more realistic for a guy that's spent time in PA.

Long list, eh?

CPS_Shadow
12-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Trim delay was added because trim was being used as a cheat. It was exploiting a limitation in the game engine that allowed people to turn at a high rate without blacking out. So... I don't think you'll see it changed anytime soon.

I'm also not sure that it's realistic to be able to instantly change the trim on the plane. In most of the planes it looks to me like the trim is on a hand wheel. I don't think you could adjust the trim that fast with that setup.

Anyone know how quickly you could adjust the trim in real life? (I'm talking large adjustments not minor corrections.)

Inadaze
12-15-2004, 07:54 AM
It must have been fairly quick to change trim, a mate of mines Grandad was a mechanic in the RAF during the war. He told me a story about a Polish pilot he flew with while testing a plane (I can't remember what kind of aircraft it was). Instead of using the stick and rudder to take off, this guy would only use the trim.

An interesting side story - The Pilot had escaped from Poland after seeing his family killed by the Germans and wasn't allowed on combat operations because he was too reckless and would ignore orders to disengage. My mates Grandad knew the flight was going to be different when the guy lit up a cigarette while they were taxi-ing on the runway (Against all regulations), then took off only using the trim, and finally ended up doing a low level pass down Princess Street in Edinburgh, they were so low that he was looking up at the roof tops!

S! Inadaze