PDA

View Full Version : Old Downloads

e2michaelb
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I have a number of old campaign and mission downloads dating back to my v3.04 days. Now that I have advanced to IL2-1946, I'm wondering if they are playable on it. I would like to refly some of them with the new "engine". I'm thinking of campaigns like "El Alamein" and "When Tigers Could Fly". Would these old campaigns run on the new -1946 program?

e2michaelb
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I have a number of old campaign and mission downloads dating back to my v3.04 days. Now that I have advanced to IL2-1946, I'm wondering if they are playable on it. I would like to refly some of them with the new "engine". I'm thinking of campaigns like "El Alamein" and "When Tigers Could Fly". Would these old campaigns run on the new -1946 program?

VW-IceFire
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Yep...old missions work in the new engine. The mission files themselves have not changed since IL-2 except to add a very few select features and IL-2 '46 is backwards compatible.

On the other hand some missions may not work as well as they were intended to now because the AI has changed or something subtle has changed with the aircraft involved. Usually not a problem but on occasion it could be.

RAF56_Ball
11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Speaking of "When Tiger's Could Fly", did anyone update this with the new maps? Would love to fly over the authentic terrain instead of parts of Russia.