PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Equipment Timeline? *may have spoilers*

ProjectXanatos
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Okay, um... I have a bit of a request and question from anyone who reads this:

When does Ezio get certain parts of his equipment, specifically? Or rather, when do you think he obtained the Armor of Altair in ACII, as well as when he got it back in Brotherhood?

Also, does anyone have an idea when he did the same for the Sword of Altair?

Yes, I know I'm crazy, but these games compels me to use certain equipment for the first time (i.e., I didn't buy the set of Pauldrons until the metal set were available in ACII), so I'm wondering if you guys have an opinion about this topic?

ProjectXanatos
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Okay, um... I have a bit of a request and question from anyone who reads this:

When does Ezio get certain parts of his equipment, specifically? Or rather, when do you think he obtained the Armor of Altair in ACII, as well as when he got it back in Brotherhood?

Also, does anyone have an idea when he did the same for the Sword of Altair?

Yes, I know I'm crazy, but these games compels me to use certain equipment for the first time (i.e., I didn't buy the set of Pauldrons until the metal set were available in ACII), so I'm wondering if you guys have an opinion about this topic?

swiftkinfe
03-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Well the cristina missions shed some light on the topic.

Now Ezio at the time of carnevale had the sword of altair and metal armor which is appropriate as his armament then can actually be obtained then during Ac2.

Also he was most likely wearing the armor of altair during the battle of Forli and bonfire of the vanities.This can be seen during the final cristina memory as he was wearing that and is obtainable before that point.And I say during Forli is because I doubt he would go home to change cloths especially after the apple was taken from him.

ProjectXanatos
03-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Ah, yeah, it does makes sense. I always wait until after Forli to equip the sword and the armor (I personally don't like it when he wears it and doesn't have a beard; as well as when he has a beard and he's wearing the regular robes).

I've sort of figured that he would; deciding that he's waited long enough to be ready for the Altair set, and now he's ready, especially now that he knows that Rodrigo is the Pope, you know?

What about getting them back after he loses them? I've always been confused, since it shows that he wears it when Desmond enters the Sanctuary for the first time, but why would Ezio wait until after Cesare is killed to deposit the Apple in the Vault? There was a chance that Cesare could have taken it again, right?

swiftkinfe
03-26-2011, 04:13 PM
My belife around this is that that memory didn't open until you beat him in viana. similar to the cristina missions as it may have been a repressed memory or required more synchronization.And I think Ezio told leonardo in the Davinchi DLC he hid the apple considering it takes place after the fall of the borgias and right before he confronts cesare its likely.

On the armor for all the things Ezio is doing in Rome I don't think he really had time to go back to monterrigoni. Probably on his way back to rome or after he got back he probably stopped by the villa and grabbed his remaining gear as well as the armor and left the clues for Desmond.

crash3
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
AC3 will have things like the poison darts for equipment but it wont have armour as so many people have complained about armour-i think we will gt to customize the outfit itself and not justchange coulour next game

ProjectXanatos
03-26-2011, 06:05 PM
That's odd. It shows him leaving after Cesare is dead, then it cuts to Desmond's time. So which would it be then? Before or after Cesare's death?

Because, like I said, I wouldn't take the risk of Cesare getting the POE again.

On another note on the topic of Notoriety and assassinations... would it have been plausible for Ezio to be Notorious after he becomes il Mentore? I sure as hell would be suspicious of a man in flashy robes and a hood, wouldn't you? Or it is maybe that he would have been Incognito all that time?

As for assassinations, Altair mentioned in the Codex that the Assassins had to change their tactics, meaning that they couldn't afford to pull off spectacular kills. So, in short, did Ezio kill his targets stealthily, or did he kill publicly and with many witnesses?

swiftkinfe
03-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Once again I think the memory just unlocked at sequence 9.The apple was hidden or hidden after the new DLC timeframe.I dont think Ezio just wouldnt run the risk of getting it lost again so more then likely he didnt have it at the siana.

Notoriety is hard really but considering there's no word of Ezio in the history books or something simmilar.Ezio probably was fairly quiet and unnoticeable.And anything else was taken out or rewrote by the templars to remove Ezio from history.

And kills Im sure with all the moves Ezio could use I'm positive he used them.And like before anything seen was probably removed by templars.

Inorganic9_2
03-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure the Armour was just put back into Brotherhood as an easter egg or something, not as actual canon storyline. Also, for the person who said that Ezio would have been wearing it during Forlė because he wouldn't have had time to change before going to Florence, remember that about 4 years passed between Forlė and the Bonfire of the Vanities and that Ezio went to Spain and back during that time (wearing his robes, wasn't he?)

Also, about the general armour timeline:
Remember when Ezio sees Cristina after killing Jacopo in Toscana? He's wearing metal armour and even has the hidden gun then... I think equipment in Cristina missions should be taken with a pinch of salt...

ProjectXanatos
03-27-2011, 10:36 AM
They actually weren't; if you look closely when Desmond goes into the Sanctuary and sees Ezio's ghost, the trimmings and armor that you see are in fact the Armor of Altair. It was never said when he retrieved them, though.

The Spain part never really made much sense to me (I've never played Discovery); why would he wait so long to go to Florence before killing Savonarola? He knew where he was, right?

True. He had the Medici cape equipped during the second memory; he wouldn't have gotten it until after killing Jacopo. But the Christina memories CAN be used as a reference and guideline, if you check what he has equipped between the two games.

swiftkinfe
03-29-2011, 02:29 PM
The armor in the cristina mission in Florence where he meets cristina's husband.That one is just in my opinion the developers being lazy as Ezio didn't have any of that equipment at the time so I hear.

The reason I think the venice cristina mission may be right is that he can actualy have all that equipment then.Play up to carnevale in AC2 and he can be wearing all of it!

And yeah forgot about when Ezio goes to spain.My question is if he goes to hurry to Savnarola and reclaim the apple what did he just get sidetracked?