PDA

View Full Version : (Spoilers!) Did Ezio Make The Right Choice? (Spoilers!)

Nadavsalzberger
11-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Hey guys, finished the game yesterday and could not help but think.
As i see it, The Borgia are a thorn in the finger which is Rome.
The entire game Ezio and the assassins have worked to pull out the thorn.
But when the thorn was pulled, and <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cesare was arrested</span>, Ezio made a choice i found odd. Instead of healing the wound to avoid infections (that were very likely, for example the new pope being just as bad as Rodrigo), Ezio chooses to break the thorn.
He leaves Rome for four years chasing after <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Cesare, finally killing him</span>, And so i cant help but think- Mabye Ezio's goal was'nt so noble, and rather than trying to heal Rome, he just wanted to completely oblibirate The Borgia, revenge rather than reconstruction.

Your opinions?

Grand_Masta_J
11-28-2010, 02:57 AM
He didn't kill his uncle... The Pope was his father.

drama618
11-28-2010, 02:57 AM
We don't know what he saw when he grabbed the apple and looked into the future. It's impossible to say for sure whether or not he was being noble in hunting down Cesare. Looking at his character type and past deeds, though, it seems that he would have a good reason.

Nadavsalzberger
11-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I ment Cesare killed Mario, not Rodrigo...

EDIT-
Drama618, even if Cesare could take back Rome in the future, leaving Rome for four years when it was most delicate and an uprising could have begun... i mean that was risky

Grand_Masta_J
11-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Ah, I see, my bad. I just finished the game so Cesare killing Rodrigo's still fresh in the mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jack-Reacher
11-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Of course he made the right choice, he was gathering another army and he couldn't risk him coming into power again

Assassin8me
11-28-2010, 03:26 AM
That may be, Jack, but Cesare was still far from taking Rome, and what if the new pope was just as corrupt as the Borgia? Ezio would come back to find Rome again under heavy guard, depressed. Leaving Rome for that long was stupid

GunnarGunderson
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
The new pope wasn't a Templar, Cesare was

AKG32
11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
The new pope wasn't a Templar, Cesare was

This.

Also, the Guilds were still there to watch over Rome. Ezio did all the heavy work, so I'm sure the other Guild leaders, and the Assassins he trained could've handled anything that popped up.

And the longer Ezio waited to attack Caesar, the more powerful of an army he would'veraised and the more damage he would've caused.

He was taking a risk either way, but letting Cesare live was a much bigger one.

LadyGahan2010
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Agree with akg32. Rome was already liberated, you can't spoonfeed freedom to people, it's their job to keep it for themselves. His work was done in Rome and only Cesare was left to be dealt with.

XJoker3697D
11-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Me too... The people of Rome must now take care of them selfs. You helped liberate them, Ezio dosn't need to take care of them forever.
Although it was a big risk for him to leave Rome, I still think it was worth it...
2nd Yes, Voted

dchil279
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Assassin8me:
That may be, Jack, but Cesare was still far from taking Rome, and what if the new pope was just as corrupt as the Borgia? Ezio would come back to find Rome again under heavy guard, depressed. Leaving Rome for that long was stupid

Pope Julius II was, in real life as well, a bitter rival of the Borgias and in AC:B is actually the one who calls for Cesare's arrest, sooo.....

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I dunno if I'd say he was FAR from taking Rome...He had a number of things left to do but at one point the stage was pretty much set for him. He was foiled, though, obviously.

assassin087
11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Ezio built an entire brotherhood to protect roma. Even if he dies the assasins will fight to protect roma should it be in danger again.

Sparty2020
11-28-2010, 09:20 PM
As Niccolo Machiavelli says, you should always take the fight to your enemy at the earliest opportunity, for if you hesitate they will grow in strength and will not hesitate to take the fight to you.