PDA

View Full Version : FX 57 I got it WOW!

superjohnny
11-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Well just got my brand spanking new AMD FX57, 7800GTX Extreme Ediion Graphics Card, another Gb RAM and a big whacking PSU.
How does this game look now.
AMAZING. Cranked all the graphics options up to full, Water = 3 and who needs a next gen engine.
This baby looks fabulous and is smooth as silk. 4.02m must have cured all the moans folk had re the Nvidia cards as mine looks exellent, no missing textures, no stuttering and that water, blimey you could almost drink it.
I have fallen in love with this Sim all over again. Can't stop now, got some flying to do.

superjohnny
11-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Well just got my brand spanking new AMD FX57, 7800GTX Extreme Ediion Graphics Card, another Gb RAM and a big whacking PSU.
How does this game look now.
AMAZING. Cranked all the graphics options up to full, Water = 3 and who needs a next gen engine.
This baby looks fabulous and is smooth as silk. 4.02m must have cured all the moans folk had re the Nvidia cards as mine looks exellent, no missing textures, no stuttering and that water, blimey you could almost drink it.
I have fallen in love with this Sim all over again. Can't stop now, got some flying to do.

mean_mango
11-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Congrats, superjohnny.

I always suspected that PF would look all shiny and new on some updated hardware. Almost like playing a brand new game before BoB comes along. Hopefully BoB will run nicely on your kit as well, in a year or so.

Any screenshots or video for us? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

blackpulpit1970
11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Johnny what is your settings at(resolution,water,perfect,aa,af,etc etc)i have a fx55,nvidia7800gtx,640wattpsu,2gigs ram,and she looks awesome at 1600x1200,noaa and noaf needed on perfect water3. Im curious as to your settings, online and of my frame rates are in the 70s always.

superjohnny
11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
My settings are pretty much the same as yours, its fabulous aint it.

dbillo
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
<drool>!

Steven190
11-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Nice system Good luck and enjoy

jamesdietz
11-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I'll bite: how much?What's the rest of your rig look like...my coputer guy says mine won't support anything more than the FX5700 I've got in it now....boy would I like to prove him wrong!

stansdds
11-05-2005, 05:29 AM
I wish I had the money for an FX57 CPU and 7800 graphics card. Just the combination of new CPU and card would almost equal the total sum of money spent on my current rig (AMD 64- 3500+, 6800 Ultra).

dbillo
11-05-2005, 07:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
I wish I had the money for an FX57 CPU and 7800 graphics card. Just the combination of new CPU and card would almost equal the total sum of money spent on my current rig (AMD 64- 3500+, 6800 Ultra). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, same here. I tried Water=3 and it looked gorgeous, but at 5-10 fps! Our only consolation will be in a year or two, when we can scoop those things off EBay for a song, assuming our mobos will support them.

stansdds
11-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, and SLI has a lot of promise and we are starting to see SLI combined into one card. Good thing since my motherboard has only one PCIe 16x slot.

Peacemaker_PL
11-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Hey, what about stuttering problem on water3 ? I still can't play on water 3, **** it.

greetings,

Peacemaker.

jermin122
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, I just want to ask you guys what kind of jobs you're doing and how much you earn per month.

superjohnny
11-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Hmm cost wise,well it wasn't cheap. The FX57 was 690 alone and the overclocked 7800GTX was another 390. Add on another 100 for the new MB and another 80 for a top quality PSU and its left a big hole on my credit card.
I took out an interest free for a year card with the intention of paying it back monthly over the year, I hope. Fortunately my wife was very understanding to my desires (computer wise that is)

No stuttering on anything, not even water = 3

Job, I'm a Police Officer which means I work shifts and have plenty of spare time during the day time and when my days off fall during the week. Nothing better than easing the frustrations of the job than downing a few Vals over Pearl Harbour.

Now back to the skies.

d9720267
11-07-2005, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesdietz:
I'll bite: how much?What's the rest of your rig look like...my coputer guy says mine won't support anything more than the FX5700 I've got in it now....boy would I like to prove him wrong! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Did this computer guy say why?

timsarg
11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
fx57 nice :P

7800GTX is a waste of money though seeing as though the 7800gt will clock to approx 1mhz less than the gtx and your paying extra bucks for something you dont need http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I stuck with a 7800gt and saved myself some cash.

Jermin122 its kinda rude to be asking what people get paid mate.

water 3 rocks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

On The Black Death track i was getting an avg of 35fps at 8Xaa and everything on full . Pretty happy considering i had an X800pro before and never got water like this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://files.dusta.net/IL2%20+%20PF%20Maps/water3%232.jpg

stansdds
11-09-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm sure my computer can do that too, but at low fps.

Peacemaker_PL
11-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Timsarg, what is rest of your config, and what res. u playing ?

greetings,

Peacemaker.

B16Enk
11-09-2005, 10:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">7800GTX is a waste of money though seeing as though the 7800gt will clock to approx 1mhz less than the gtx and your paying extra bucks for something you dont need </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the extra additional 4 pixel pipes, 1 vertex pipe I have in my GTX counts for naught?

You may well be right, but only because the CPU is the bottle neck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Grue_
11-09-2005, 11:13 AM
The only problem with timsarg's screenshot is that the water looks so good it makes the plane look naf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm spending a lot of cash soon buying some new bits to upgrade from water=0 to water=3.

Madness, but I can't resist....

Brain32
11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> So the extra additional 4 pixel pipes, 1 vertex pipe I have in my GTX counts for naught?

You may well be right, but only because the CPU is the bottle neck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People don't get yourself fooled too much, good CPU is important ofcourse, but some benchmarks that I runned showed that good GFX cards are the only thing that can actually dramatically improve fps. For example "mid-end cpu/high-end gpu" is better combination for games than HE cpu/ME gpu...

iron_guantlet
11-09-2005, 12:16 PM
this the rig i will be getting from a custom gameing pc builder around 2 weeks from now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
FX-57 cpu
2x- BFG 7800GTX oc
OCZ pc-4000 eb DDR plat. 2Gig 3-3-2-8
DFI NF4 SLI-DR motherboard
2x-Raptor 74 gig 10,000 rpm sata H-d
Sound blaster X-FI music sound card
600 wat. P/S
considering what i paid for this Little gem..i will be eating grog for the next six months when my wife finds out! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

blackpulpit1970
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Iron you will be happy with that comp for sure. My frame rates are off the charts always and when im online i drop to 1024x760x32 so my screen is full, when you go to high res your screen is cut short a little due to the resolution so i just play online at that res, but off line i bump everything to the max and she purrs nicely and looks incredible. My job is a marketing position for a very reputable company, i travel around the world and set up huge functions at top hotels and resteraunts for the dealers(car dealers that is)to enjoy each year. Its a great job and i make a decent living and great benefits too.

jamesdietz
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
So...uh.... does your signifigant other know ...the price ,I mean? I find that little hurdle the most difficult part of upgrading...that and the possibility that I'll have to do it all over again for Oleg's Battle of Britain in two "Oleg-Weeks" from now...

-HH-Quazi
11-09-2005, 01:28 PM
BlaireGowrie had a 4000+ before a lightning strike fried his rig. He came back with an FX-57 and wasn't impressed at all. He said he could not tell much difference, if any, in fr's and gameplay. I experienced a similar upgrade from a 3500+ to an FX-53 and the only difference I garnered was an increase in my minimum fr's from 16fps to 21fps. All other 3DMark 03 & 05 benchies, along with the avg. of my BD track fr's were the same. It makes more since to spend less $$$ for a cpu in the AMD 64 line and then oc it to FX-55 or FX-57 speeds. The 4000+(FX-53) is selling for around $360 USD these days. Mine oc's to 2.6GHz at 260MHz HTT with a multiplier of 10. And this was on air. I'll get FX-57 speeds on water.

But at all stock speeds with a FX-53, an X850XT PE and 1.5GB PC4400DDR550 memory, I could not ask for any more performance than what I am getting, and this is with the eye candy maxed.

So the FX-57's are nice, but are really not needed to get this sim to run all out imho.

PS3 is the only thing I would really like to have, and ATI really let us down as far as their users and this sim goes. Thinking all this time that the X1xxx series cards would allow PS3 in game and then to find out that unless Oleg re-writes some code that ATI users are snafued, really gets my gord. If by the time BoB is released and ATI still does not support PS3 in the sim the way he has written it, I will be building an SLI rig with Nvidia. Until then, I will enjoy the screenshots that get posted from time to time.

Jarza_Death_Man
11-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Well i need to sedle my pc for next seven mounth.
I usualy buy new ring in one year perioid.
So here is what i hawe now.
AMD 64 4000+
Asus A8V-E Deluxe
Gainward GS 7800GTX @ 485-1380
2Gb mem
Creative X-FI Fatal1ty
Creative 750S
Dell 2405
My ring can handle 1920X1200 4XAA and 4XATF in perfect mode.
This will do now.
Only upgrate maybe new Nvidia 7800GTX 512, if it will come out
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27400

iron_guantlet
11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesdietz:
So...uh.... does your signifigant other know ...the price ,I mean? I find that little hurdle the most difficult part of upgrading...that and the possibility that I'll have to do it all over again for Oleg's Battle of Britain in two "Oleg-Weeks" from now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes..she knows now...and oh'boy....her honey do list has grown 2 pages.
but anyways...i have saved for 6 months for this rig...the only thing now is a new monitor..i might go back to a CRT,i use a LCD now with a 16ms rate but i still get ghosting in cockpit...have heard that the new LCD with 8ms rate doe's not have ghosting but can't afford right now after buying new rig..my funds are tapped

timsarg
11-10-2005, 12:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:

So the FX-57's are nice, but are really not needed to get this sim to run all out imho.

PS3 is the only thing I would really like to have, and ATI really let us down as far as their users and this sim goes. Thinking all this time that the X1xxx series cards would allow PS3 in game and then to find out that unless Oleg re-writes some code that ATI users are snafued, really gets my gord. If by the time BoB is released and ATI still does not support PS3 in the sim the way he has written it, I will be building an SLI rig with Nvidia. Until then, I will enjoy the screenshots that get posted from time to time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats the exact reason i sold my x800pro and bought a 7800gt .

timsarg
11-10-2005, 12:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron_guantlet:
this the rig i will be getting from a custom gameing pc builder around 2 weeks from now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
FX-57 cpu
2x- BFG 7800GTX oc
OCZ pc-4000 eb DDR plat. 2Gig 3-3-2-8
DFI NF4 SLI-DR motherboard
2x-Raptor 74 gig 10,000 rpm sata H-d
Sound blaster X-FI music sound card
600 wat. P/S
considering what i paid for this Little gem..i will be eating grog for the next six months when my wife finds out! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice system except the timings on that ram . With a machine like that you should invest in some better timmings. If you want to stick with OCZ modules how about these OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 / 400MHz / Enhanced Latency Platinum Edition 400MHz DDR 400MHz DDR CL 2-3-2-5 &lt;---- they are much better timings

L33T-Zoolander
11-10-2005, 01:46 AM
My Black Gamer rig:

Savrow SR-71 Super mid-tower chassis.
PC Power and Cooling 850W SSI PSU.
CooIT Systems D2PC cooling system.
AMD FX 57 CPU @ 3100/411 MHz @ 31C max.
Evga SLI7800 GTXs @ 525/1330 MHz @ 26C max.
ASUS A8N SLI Premium mainboard.
Four 1GB OCZ PC4000 Platinum system RAM DIMMs.
Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum soundcard.
WD Raptor 74GB HDD.
Maxtor 300GB Hdd.
Plextor SATA DVD burner.

I like to fly @ 1152 X 864, with all of the eye candy maxed out. The frame rates are great.
However, there are missing textures:
- Ground textures go missing, like bits of concrete runways, forests, etc.
- Aiplane textures go missing. Sometimes it's a wing on the other side of the fuselage. Sometimes it's a surprise that the plane has two wings and is attacking me. Sometimes I end up firing on a plane already going down. It's a freakin' **** shoot.
- Effects go missing. I'll make a firing run on a target and think "f*** me, I didn't hit a thing!" Then my wingman will be laughing about sparks coming off the pilot's head, because I was firing on him as he was bailing out.
- And it's the same at stock clock speeds.
- And it's the same with my Blue PC, with FX55 and 7800GTX.
- And it's the same with my Stealth PC, with 3800+ and SLI 6600s.

My teammates tend to use ATI 9800/Nvidia 5200 VGA cards, Socket A CPUs and max out their system RAM at 1.5MB. And you know what, their old school systems kick the living s*** out of all of mine, in terms of PF+AEP+FB play ability.

Nothing exceeds like excess.

Good Hunting,
Zoo

stansdds
11-10-2005, 03:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron_guantlet:
but anyways...i have saved for 6 months for this rig...the only thing now is a new monitor..i might go back to a CRT,i use a LCD now with a 16ms rate but i still get ghosting in cockpit...have heard that the new LCD with 8ms rate doe's not have ghosting but can't afford right now after buying new rig..my funds are tapped </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 710N LCD monitor, 12 ms rate and there is no ghosting.

Jarza_Death_Man
11-10-2005, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L33T-Zoolander:

However, there are missing textures:
- Ground textures go missing, like bits of concrete runways, forests, etc.
- Aiplane textures go missing. Sometimes it's a wing on the other side of the fuselage. Sometimes it's a surprise that the plane has two wings and is attacking me. Sometimes I end up firing on a plane already going down. It's a freakin' **** shoot.
- Effects go missing. I'll make a firing run on a target and think "f*** me, I didn't hit a thing!" Then my wingman will be laughing about sparks coming off the pilot's head, because I was firing on him as he was bailing out.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So this is with new patch all so?

iron_guantlet
11-10-2005, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 710N LCD monitor, 12 ms rate and there is no ghosting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will check out one of those and see how it looks.

the memory you suggested in your other post i checked it out at the site of the builder where i'm getting the rig from and it is a $100.00 cheaper and if it is better,hey i like that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
thanks for the headsup

Peacemaker_PL
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
****, it looks that only i have got stuttering problems on perfect mode.... **** !!!!!!!!!

P.