PDA

View Full Version : WW1

CATHISTEFAN
02-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Really excited about the expansion pack, Battle of Britain. Glad Oleg is doing BofB. I think it will be done right. Think we can talk Oleg into
a WW1 flight sim? there doesn't seem to be a good one out there. Last one I played was Red Baron from sierra.

CATHISTEFAN
02-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Really excited about the expansion pack, Battle of Britain. Glad Oleg is doing BofB. I think it will be done right. Think we can talk Oleg into
a WW1 flight sim? there doesn't seem to be a good one out there. Last one I played was Red Baron from sierra.

VVS-Manuc
02-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Some guys from this community wanted to make WW1 planes and Oleg wanted to put them in FB for a WW1 AddOn. But sadly it is a little bit quiet about this project now.

http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID44&conf=DCConfID1

Tooz_69GIAP
02-19-2004, 05:11 PM
aw man, I would LOVE to fly those Bleriots anf Fokkers, etc!!! That would rule. I have thought about WWI being an interesting step for 1C to take, and I wonder if they could do it as well as FB. Just need to convince them to take it up!!

Tooz

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/fileadmin/Image_Archive/badges/69giap_badge_tooz.jpg
Za Rodinu!

Chuck_Older
02-19-2004, 06:38 PM
I thought Knights over Europe was going along well enough that MAddox games didn't want to saturate the market with a niche title like another WWI sim. Basically didn't want to spend the money to compete with such a good sim, or that's how I hear it.

from the Hundred Years war to the Crimea, from the lance and the musket and the Roman spear, to all of the men who have stood with no fear, in the service of the King~ Clash

WWMaxGunz
02-20-2004, 02:30 AM
KOE is a long way off. We need even just a few WWI fighters just to keep the dream alive! Or at least thoase of us who want somewhat more realistic FMs and DMs than modded copies of RB3D do!

Has the project gone to seed over lack of modellers? I've seen posts in places where the cost of the software is a real killer. I don't begin to have it in my budget.

Neal

WUAF_Badsight
02-20-2004, 03:09 AM
id rather have a dedicated WW1 sim than a WW1 add-on for FB

add more 44 & 45 & 46 planes to FB

leave WW1 for a dedicated sim

oh & here is one on its way now !

http://www.aspectsimulations.com/Prod_KOE.htm

SuomiPilotti
02-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Badsight, that sim looks awesome! can´t wait it!http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WWMaxGunz
02-21-2004, 02:58 PM
And again, KOE is a long way off if ever. Possible Vaporware and we have no idea what they call an FM or anything but how pretty the screenies are. Yah, lets' get worked up over that!

I'd pay full price for a 3rd party to license the FB engine and supply planes, maps and ground objects. It would be a gas. We know the FB engine works and what to expect from the campaigns and netcode. Real high alt performance wouldn't be an issue although pilot oxgen deprivation not being a factor would be an issue. Some WWI planes had oxy but I know of no fighters that did. Maybe I find a surprise?

Again... 3rd party as in NOT using up the 1C team and taking them away from BoB and FB addons. 3rd party and a full standalone because just maybe the standards of cockpit layout and FM data needed for IL2:FB could be relaxed and for WWI they would have to. It would have its own name. Licensed would be for security to 1C and money back into 1C to pay off on development of the FB engine. To me it sounds like win-win-win between 1C, 3rd party and customers, not to mention the publisher. It could provide work for some people.

Neal

WUAF_Badsight
02-21-2004, 05:46 PM
KO E is supposed to be 2nd or 3rd quarter 2004

what makes you think its a long way off ?

its not going to be as detailed in the landscape if those screenies are anything to go by but thats a good thing for smooth running

it looks like its going to be VERY detailed plane wise

we shall have to wait & see what kind of FM these guys are going to create too rather than simply putting it down

REMEMBER : its going to be WW1 dedicated so that means it has a better chance for accuracy

WWMaxGunz
02-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Last development update being April 19th, 2003. Screenshots from June 3rd, 2003. No, it doesn't look as if there's going to be any slippage there. You can tell they're right on track and this will be the big year, maybe in time for the Christmas rush followed by the Patch Path to End of Budget and background music by The Eternal Whiners.

And that's IF, a very big IF given over 6 months of no changes on the website, the schedule isn't pushed back as reality sets in. Reality is budget and the moving target of current game standards as well as keeping people involved happy and involved. Were you around when RB2 was announced, btw? It took 7 years mainly through the miracles of budget and mismanagement but also due to the changing standards. How long was it supposed to take? Was it 2 years?

How many sims have you seen die on the vine? Please, I'd be VERY happy to see this come through. And the Wings With Wires Birds of Prey. And anything else more than arcade. I'd be almost as happy to see any one come through even, which is why I'd rather see more efforts. I don't count eggs as chickens and I don't neccessarily believe in advertising.

Neal