PDA

View Full Version : stairs animation

Bullet_387
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
who gets annoyed at the way Ezio goes up stairs? instead of making him slide up and down stairs..maybe they can make a new animation for stairs,just to make free roaming a little better to look at..

Bullet_387
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
who gets annoyed at the way Ezio goes up stairs? instead of making him slide up and down stairs..maybe they can make a new animation for stairs,just to make free roaming a little better to look at..

SupremeCaptain
08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullet_387:
who gets annoyed at the way Ezio goes up stairs? instead of making him slide up and down stairs..maybe they can make a new animation for stairs,just to make free roaming a little better to look at.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this. Everyone walking up stairs like it's flat ground is just not right.

notafanboy
08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
i agree

Caligula__
08-30-2010, 03:43 PM
i concur

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Then roll up the stairs like Kratos if you don't like walking on them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

SBRedFlag
08-30-2010, 03:48 PM
It is fairly irritating to see a game which otherwise has incredible, detailed animations, but lacks an animation for walking up stairs...

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Most games don't have animations for stairs.

It's a shame... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Caligula__
08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
yea, like we want to walk up stairs! not do whatever we're doing atm in the game

NuclearFuss
08-30-2010, 03:56 PM
I agree 100%. Uncharted 2 is my favourite game purely because of epic stair-ness.

Caligula__
08-30-2010, 03:57 PM
sackboy u read what I done so far?

What exactly is Ezio doing atm when he tries to climb up stairs?

L0rdeKing
08-30-2010, 03:58 PM
both GTA 4 and tomb raider: underworld have animations for stairs

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hamoddaa:
both GTA 4 and tomb raider: underworld have animations for stairs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really?! I have not noticed...

Caligula__
08-30-2010, 04:01 PM
they do, GTA 4 animations are epic! except he runs up stairs side on not facing front...

magesupermaster
08-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Ezio is jaywalking on the stairs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Bullet_387
08-30-2010, 04:23 PM
ya..and so is red dead redemption's.they really should make one for AC..it will just make the game a little more realistic..and that is the thing they are goin for..

NuclearFuss
08-30-2010, 04:29 PM
@Vx_McTavish_xV

I did, I liked it. I'll probably use it, but obviously we need me to come up with the plot first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xanatos2007
08-30-2010, 04:38 PM
This is probably one of the pickiest complaints I've heard. Now instead of working on the PC edition the dev team will be spending months and months trying to get Ezio to walk up some stairs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'm not sure if Ezio does it, but Altair has his feet at different heights when he's standing still on stairs/a slope.

primerib69
08-30-2010, 05:44 PM
just throwing this out there, uncharted 2 has great stair animations. especially in shambala when your about to find the tree of life. you can really see those calfs burning the fat. very good excersise.

salted onions
08-30-2010, 06:17 PM
When I'm not being chased by crazed city guards, and just walking around smelling the virtual roses, this really does kill it. D: It feels like he's walking up a hill, sliding through it, it just feels so off. It IS very picky of us to say, but yeah. Probably very difficult to implement too, it will probably never happen, but one can hope &gt;:T.

m0nkeyrama
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
If we're going to gripe about the stairs, I'd like to bring something else up. The animation for climbing up ladders in AC2 was pretty bad. If you climbed with a speed other than full speed, he climbs on air... Ezio just slides right up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

PlagueDoctor357
08-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Hilarious.

Did anyone else notice what they fixed in that last new video walkthrough?

Haha, his robe tails!! Man, those things clipped through the towers on AC1 and I was literally SHOCKED to see they didn't change it for the second.

SupremeCaptain
08-30-2010, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
This is probably one of the pickiest complaints I've heard. Now instead of working on the PC edition the dev team will be spending months and months trying to get Ezio to walk up some stairs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'm not sure if Ezio does it, but Altair has his feet at different heights when he's standing still on stairs/a slope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair didn't, only when he stood still.

Even a N64 game had stair animations.

salted onions
08-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Omg, the clipping of the robes in AC1, AC2, and soon to be AC:B made me cringe. Obviously it would take a lot of work to fix that, but ahhh. D: I know assassin's are supposed to be stealthy but their clothing shouldn't be able to pass through solid objects. D8

phil.llllll
08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I'll admit for how good their animations are that's definitely one thing they're lacking. I might not have even noticed it though if it wasn't for those slow walks in the villa at the beginning of AC2. Seeing Ezio and Mario side by side sliding up the stairs just looked dreadful.

Xanatos2007
08-30-2010, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I'm not sure if Ezio does it, but Altair has his feet at different heights when he's standing still on stairs/a slope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair didn't, only when he stood still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I just said.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
I know assassin's are supposed to be stealthy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly, which is what Ubi failed at in AC2 & AC:B.

Caligula__
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
ACB's failed something already?!

*tuts*

Xanatos2007
08-31-2010, 12:17 AM
It failed right from the start... except the multiplayer, that looks interesting.

Caligula__
08-31-2010, 12:24 AM
but it looks awesome! and don't be a party pooper

Xanatos2007
08-31-2010, 12:26 AM
That's right, it looks awesome but games are never as good as trailers make them out to be. It's called "hype". And you've got to admit that the series has gone downhill rather far; it's like making a sequel to Thief where Garrett now has a bazooka.

Caligula__
08-31-2010, 12:26 AM
wha?

Xanatos2007
08-31-2010, 12:41 AM
As in not only is the game now p**s-easy but all the elements which made the original great are now removed.

Caligula__
08-31-2010, 12:56 AM
how is it pis* easy?

if ur talking about BAM and how easy it is to kill ppl then listen and don't reply with stupid comments

1: You can only use BAM 3 times then it's gotta reload

2: In the displays/demos they're playing in God Mode which is like 20 times easier than normal difficulty let along hard difficulty

3: Don't swear

4: Lets get back on topic, there's already a thread about how ppl think AC2.5 Brotherhood is too easy when is ISN'T but I couldn't find it

L0rdeKing
08-31-2010, 12:59 AM
there is also the animation when he sits down and his sword go through the bench and still the issue of the dead guards in AC1 it looked as if the guard gets stretched when he falls from a high place in AC2 once a guard die all his bones vanish and he becomes something like rubber. people dosen't have anything to do in the game except walking and wondering, if you played The Witcher you will be surely amazed of the way they made people act closely to realistic daily lifes.

EzioAssassin51
08-31-2010, 05:03 AM
Even though i sort of agree with you guys about the animation, i have to go with Xanatos here.

I would prefer Ubi to fix up more immediate problems than tiny little animation problem...

Caligula__
08-31-2010, 05:32 AM
the little things are important, you need little things to make a big thing

Yapster11
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Who uses the stairs? I use the rooftops... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

gsosolid
08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
I tend to jump on that thing where people put their hands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh wait... is that why they say to not touch those?

SBRedFlag
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
how is it pis* easy?

if ur talking about BAM and how easy it is to kill ppl then listen and don't reply with stupid comments

2: In the displays/demos they're playing in God Mode which is like 20 times easier than normal difficulty let along hard difficulty

4: Lets get back on topic, there's already a thread about how ppl think AC2.5 Brotherhood is too easy when is ISN'T but I couldn't find it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

McTavish, Xanatos is easily intelligent enough to know points #1 and #2, he's not an idiot. He is saying that ACB will be "p*ss" easy because he's played AC2, and it ranks about a 1.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 difficulty. I mean come on, I've never played another (action) game in which I've never died in combat EVER. Any new additions are only making it easier, not harder, so we can only assume that ACB will, in fact, be even easier than AC2, somehow.

3. Last time I checked, you were not a moderator McTavish, let one of them reprimand Xanatos on his language if they feel the need to.

4. Fine

Caligula__
08-31-2010, 11:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
how is it pis* easy?

4: Lets get back on topic, there's already a thread about how ppl think AC2.5 Brotherhood is too easy when is ISN'T but I couldn't find it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

McTavish, Xanatos is easily intelligent enough to know points #1 and #2, he's not an idiot. He is saying that ACB will be "p*ss" easy because he's played AC2, and it ranks about a 1.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 difficulty. I mean come on, I've never played another (action) game in which I've never died in combat EVER. Any new additions are only making it easier, not harder, so we can only assume that ACB will, in fact, be even easier than AC2, somehow.

3. Last time I checked, you were not a moderator McTavish, let one of them reprimand Xanatos on his language if they feel the need to.

4. Fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1: I agree that AC2 was easy but I doubt ACB will be as easy

2: I have a right to not be exposed to swearing

Edit - I'm not insulting anyones intelligence, I'm just stating the facts

masterfenix2009
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM
facts are irrelavent

SBRedFlag
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
how is it pis* easy?

4. Fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1: I agree that AC2 was easy but I doubt ACB will be as easy

2: I have a right to not be exposed to swearing

Edit - I'm not insulting anyones intelligence, I'm just stating the facts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's kind of ironic, that when you claim to be stating facts, you make claims with absolutely no factual basis.
How in <STRIKE>hell</STRIKE> (sorry, heck) do you expect ACB to be harder than AC2? They're not taking away any features, and they're adding BAM. That alone is plenty sufficient to make the game even easier.

bokeef04
09-02-2010, 06:16 AM
is there a video where they show how long it takes for BAM to reload? or how hard the guards are actually going to be? also don't forget, that if you have 6 brotherhood members and you send 4 on a mission you will only have 2 with which to perform BAM actions with until the others return

EzioAssassin51
09-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Not yet. There probably won't be anything do to with that until they release the new HUD!