PDA

View Full Version : won't save

hurricane33000
07-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I recently had yet another complete computer crash ,where everthing had to be wiped out.
I have the DVD version of PF+AEP+IL2 ,with all the patches installed so I installed that one instead of having to download all those patches.
In the old version of PF+AEP+IL2 I could run water at 3 ,but now when I go to the cconfiguration file and change it to 3 from 1 and save it ,as soon as I run the sim the water goes back to 1 ,even though it was saved.
I had no trouble runinnig 3 in the old version ,it would stay when saved,but not now.
I also tried 2 but it keeps going back to 1. Anyone have any ideas why it won't save?It only changes back when I run the sim ,other wise every thing runs and looks fine.
I'am running an old 128 MB ATI graphics card and I know it's a streach for it but it ran fine in the old version,staying 3 after it was saved.
Can anyone tell me whats going on? Oh ya, I do have the latest driver installed. Thanks

hurricane33000
07-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I recently had yet another complete computer crash ,where everthing had to be wiped out.
I have the DVD version of PF+AEP+IL2 ,with all the patches installed so I installed that one instead of having to download all those patches.
In the old version of PF+AEP+IL2 I could run water at 3 ,but now when I go to the cconfiguration file and change it to 3 from 1 and save it ,as soon as I run the sim the water goes back to 1 ,even though it was saved.
I had no trouble runinnig 3 in the old version ,it would stay when saved,but not now.
I also tried 2 but it keeps going back to 1. Anyone have any ideas why it won't save?It only changes back when I run the sim ,other wise every thing runs and looks fine.
I'am running an old 128 MB ATI graphics card and I know it's a streach for it but it ran fine in the old version,staying 3 after it was saved.
Can anyone tell me whats going on? Oh ya, I do have the latest driver installed. Thanks

Crash_Moses
07-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Run IL-2 setup and make sure you're using OpenGL (not DirectX) and you have stencil buffer checked.

hurricane33000
07-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Already have open GL and stencil buffer checked.So maybe a file corruption?I may have to live with 1, but it sure looks flat and yucky. Thanks for trying

Crash_Moses
07-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Hmmm...ask over in the community help forum. That lot has helped me out many a time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

grndragon57
07-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Your Ati isn't compatible with 3 try setting it to 2 worked for me.

Klemm.co
07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grndragon57:
Your Ati isn't compatible with 3 try setting it to 2 worked for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, water 3 and 4 are for NVidia Cards only, whereas water 1 and 2 have the same effect on ATI Cards as water 3 and 4 on NVidia Cards. Water 3 shouldn't have worked with your card in the first place, i wonder why it did.

hurricane33000
07-14-2007, 08:39 AM
OK ,by going to 2 it saved the change.
The only thing is anything above 1000' the wate still doesn't look as good as 3.
Don't know why 3 worked in the early version ,maybe it's a driver thing because I installed the latest driver.
Just have to live with flat looking water above 1000',but it sure doesn't look as good as 3 did before. Thanks for your help