PDA

View Full Version : i see in game options gun pods on and off option, what ....

Daytraders
03-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi, i see in game options gun pods on and off option, what is it for and what use's might you use the option for. thx guys

Daytraders
03-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi, i see in game options gun pods on and off option, what is it for and what use's might you use the option for. thx guys

stugumby
03-13-2006, 09:37 AM
greetings daytrader; here is a partial list of planes that carry external gun pods.
b-25J
p38L
P-39/p-63
bf109G-K
fw-190 (Most)
bf-110G

the primary use of a gun pod was to attach more firepower in the form of extra mgs or light cannons for specific missions: such as bomber destroying/ ground strafing/ or anti shipping strikes. The bf-109 had some neat 20 mm cannon slung under the wings after they went to just 2 heavy mg and a cannon firing thru the prop. later it went to 2 30 mm shot barrelled cannon as well as another firing thru the prop.
The reason for the toggle is so you can use your organic on board amrmament first, or if unselected all weapons will fire. eaxh has it's own trajectory and effects on the target can be highly satisfying or woefully overkilling with extreme bullet wastage if just strafing a single truck. i use ctrl g for my switch.

Daytraders
03-13-2006, 12:14 PM
thx for explamation m8, so if i have joy 1 binded to weapon 1 and joy 2 binded to weapon 2 i dont need to use gun pods on and off is this correct as i can fire separately anyway ? , is gun pods on off only for people that have weapon 1 and 2 binded to 1 key/joy, or when u select gunpods in plane setup do you then carry all 3 weapons ? thx

xTHRUDx
03-13-2006, 02:40 PM
turning the gun pods off only means that they will not fire when their trigger is pressed. some planes have their cannon button mapped to fire the gunpods as well. by turning them off you can save ammo and only fire the default cannon ammo without using up the ammo in the pods.

Daytraders
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
ok default for me for cannons is joy 2 ok, so if i chouse a plane with gunpods at loadout i still will fire both cannons and gunpods when i press joy 2 if gunpods are off correct ? and if so what planes do this, as i thought u can only have either cannons or gupods not both, if so that must mean some planes u can have machinguns, cannons and gunpods, and thx for replying m8

JG53Frankyboy
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
out of my mind you can toggle guns with the following planes:
-P-39N-1 , the wing lMGs
-Bf109G&K , the MG151 and MK108 gondolas
-Fw190A , the outer wing canons

all other im not sure/cant remember , test it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Daytraders
03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
thankyou i will go test the planes u suggested