PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wants to get set up right!

Hotlumpy1975
11-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi guys! I was so excited after flying Pacific Fighters after I bought it the other day that I went out and bought the FB+AEP gold pak today after work. Could someone please instruct me on the best procedure for installing and patching all together? (IE install FB+AEP patches before PF initial install, or no?) Also the appropriate level to patch to for Multiplayer compatibility, etc. I am sure this has been answered before, so just gimme a link if so. I am also wondering whether I would be better off running DirectX or openGL? My machine is a A64 3500+ with X800PRO 256 card. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I hope to be up and battling on hyperlobby soon!!

steve_v
11-26-2004, 05:01 PM
install fb box version, no patching
install aep box version, no patching
install pf as merged or stand alone

from the readme:

Installing Pacific Fighters (PF)

If your computer has two or more CD or DVD drives, do not attempt to install the sim from both at the same time. Installation can only be performed by inserting both disks into the same disk drive one after another.

Installing PF is easy, as long as you pay attention to there being two different install types. Please make sure to select the correct one, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The two options you have are as follows:

1. Install PF as a stand-alone product
2. Install PF into IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (FB) with the Ace Expansion Pack (AEP).

The first option will give you the set of aircraft, ships, maps, campaigns and all other game components that only belong in the Pacific theater of operations.

The second option will only work if you already own Il-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles(FB) and the Ace Expansion Pack (AEP), which include a large set of Russian and European front content. This option will join the complete series of IL-2 Sturmovik line of flight simulators into one product, where you'll be able to access to both IL-2 and PF content, and allow such things as Soviet and Luftwaffe planes over the Pacific, or Japanese bombers over Europe.

The second install option also includes several additions and fixes to FB and AEP.

You will also be able to play on the Internet with the large set of aircraft and maps that are included with our sims.

Finally, using our Full Mission Builder, you will be able to create online and offline single missions, and offline campaigns for the historical ETO using Allied planes new in Pacific Fighters, which had not been previously available in FB and AEP.

NOTE: PF standalone and PF+FB+AEP are NOT compatible online! Users of stand-alone Pacific Fighters do not have any European Front content installed on their machines, and thus cannot participate in online games started by PF+FB+AEP users as it may contain aircraft and other features that doesn't exist on their machines. Vice versa, PF+FB+AEP users will not be able to join games started by PF standalone users.

WARNING: With the combined install option, some previous content may be overwritten, such as interface backgrounds, music, speech, missions and campaigns, etc. If you are using any custom-made content such as music, paintschemes, pilots and others, and back them up somewhere else on your hard drive. Then after installing Pacific Fighters check if any of your custom content was overwritten by standard PF content, and replace any features that you wish to have back.

Finally, there's a third install option available. If you own FB and AEP, you may install TWO separate versions of Pacific Fighters - first a stand-alone, and the second an upgrade of FB+AEP. This way you'll be able to join both PF-only and PF+FB+AEP multiplayer games.

In order to run the game via Autorun, you will need the following CDs:

PF Standalone - insert Pacific Fighters CD2 into your CD ROM drive
PF + FB + AEP - insert Pacific Fighters CD2 into your CD ROM drive

When the CD is already in the drive you can always run the game via the Start menu, or he desktop shortcut

--------------------------------------------------

then depending on your install, patching to 3.01

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/pacificfighters/downloads/

separate patches for merged and stand alone installs

--------------------------------------

the 3.02 beta is the last consideration

Takata_
11-26-2004, 05:01 PM
1- install Forgotten Battles
2- install Ace expansion pack
3- install Pacific fighters over FB/AEP
4- install Pacific fighters patch 3.02

- OpenGL is better.

Mjollnir111675
11-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Install order:

1)Fb
2)AEP
3)PF

4)patch 3.01m m=Merged

fer M.P. keep it at 3.01M fer now

as for the new patch(3.02bm) it is a beta test patch released more fer an ironing out process ie:catching bugs!

As far as what vid option I have heard that ATI cards work better in gl.

Hotlumpy1975
11-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Mjollnir111675
11-26-2004, 05:52 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif No Problem Hotlumpy!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif