PDA

View Full Version : People Already Playing????

Fish40
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I stopped in at the Subsim forums just alittle while ago, and was surprised to read that apparently, some folks already have SH4!

Today is March20. I thought the release date was today, or tomorrow. Anyway, from what I've read, already some little quirks are rearing their ugly heads. Also, someone made a post including the game's readme.

Fish40
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I stopped in at the Subsim forums just alittle while ago, and was surprised to read that apparently, some folks already have SH4!

Today is March20. I thought the release date was today, or tomorrow. Anyway, from what I've read, already some little quirks are rearing their ugly heads. Also, someone made a post including the game's readme.

froschman
03-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I have pre-ordered my SH4 at "Playzone Europe" here in Sweden, and I just checked my order status.

SH4 has arrived, and my copy is send away, so I will probably receive it tomorrow (Wednesday March 21).

RangerX3X
03-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I am so freaking stoked about this game!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Realjambo
03-20-2007, 03:20 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">**Moved to SH4 General Discussion**</span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Originally posted in SH3 General Discussion</span>

MAX_III
03-21-2007, 03:48 AM
yes Im afraid there is lots wrong..but they will sorte them in time,it has some great bits in it ..like seeing unloading the inflaterble from the bow and row a shore the seaweed and rocks on the bottom the way she plummets out of control decpite full reverse at 110mtr,BAD bits are no working astick, no sonar, carboard cutout figures ( but not in training) gun crew fire into the water 50yrd yet the ship was 2000mtrs (only in trtaining ) the gun works good in campaigne. but still very playable

nstutt
03-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Doesn't sound very playable to me from what Ive heard on this board. Seriously thinking of not buying till hits the bargain bin and patched.

froschman
03-21-2007, 11:13 AM
As I did guess yesterday, my SH4 package did arrive today. It is a standard package with the same type of contents as my SH3 package: An installation disk, a quick reference card, a booklet and a map over the Pacific.

I have not read the booklet yet, but it has the same size as the old booklet, 60 pages, so probably there is a need for a community manual here also.

The map was impressing. It was big, 54*43 cm (21*17 inches). It is almost as the map from AcesOfTheDeep. It takes a bit of real estate on my computer desk! On the map is indicated the areas where the japaneses did put minefields, very good!

I will install the game tonight and start with the Submarine School to retrain this Kaleun to a US Skipper.