PDA

View Full Version : i cant see enemy planes against the ground

raaaid
10-03-2004, 05:52 AM
before it was ok i saw planes 4 5 km away as white dots against the ground and black dots against the sky but now suddenly for no reason i dont see a plane against the ground not even one km away

any help please?

Tully__
10-03-2004, 05:56 AM
Have you recently changed:

Patch version?
Video settings?
Screen resolution?
Graphics card?

Capt.LoneRanger
10-03-2004, 06:05 AM
When did you check your eyes the last time =)

just kidding.

Spotting planes against the ground is difficult and it depends on the color of the plane. It does not neccessarily mean there's something wrong. This is, what camouflage is for, in the end.

raaaid
10-03-2004, 06:10 AM
iv been flying long spotting planes properly

it started happening in the midle of the game i reinstalled but i cant see a plane at 500 m agains the ground

probably it happens the same to many people and they dont know it

the bad thing is i cant play like this

Tully__
10-03-2004, 06:27 AM
Visibility varies greatly with graphics settings and resolution settings. Perhaps you're not using exactly the same settings as you were before re-installing.

raaaid
10-03-2004, 07:05 AM
the weirdest thing of all it happened in the middle of the game seems like a bug

you should see planes as white dots from quite far now i tried everithing and it doesnt get back to whit dots

im quite dissapointed because i wont be able to play in full real any more since i dont see planes

besides im sure many people is like me and they dont know but if you have a hard time distinguishing planes without tags you have the same problem than me

raaaid
10-03-2004, 08:20 AM
i solved the problem changing the lighting of obcjects to flat

Atomic_Marten
10-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Funny thing is that I see plane for several km away (no matter if it is above or below me) and when I close in range 1,5km from it, suddenly I cannot see it, I lost it. Generally I can easier spot planes that are above me when in close range, than those that are below.

What I found to be strange is why I can spot them several km away and when I close up on them I have a really hard time to spot their location.

I have low end configuration, therefore my video settings are low (I set only distance and objects to excellent, else is medium or low), but I don't think that spotting thing can much improve with raising video settings.

Tully__
10-03-2004, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
... but I don't think that spotting thing can much improve with raising video settings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say raise, I said change http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Often low settings are better than high for ease of spotting planes, but it depends on your monitor, video card, video mode (dx/openGL) and driver which is which.

Atomic_Marten
10-03-2004, 09:12 AM
When you already mentioned that Tully, in my case changing settings means pretty much raising (although I can lower objects lightning like raaaid mentioned to achieve better spotting -- will try that out). I'm using OpenGL settings, have FX5600, resolution 800x600 (also 1024x768), directX 9.0c, nVidia 56.72.

And yes, almost forgot I have some cr@ppy ancient 15" LG monitor (max. freq. on 1024x768 16bit 75Hz, on 800x600 16bit 85Hz).