Harrock
12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
i have tried everything to load 1946 on my damn computer.with windows 7

i copied from old comp on flash drive- doesnt work
i install by clicking a.exe- installed but doesnt play -doesnt work
i try run as admin on every file i can find
ive tried compatibility mode
im so ****ed!

when i click to run, it just shows a little spinning disk for a few seconds, as if its checking the disk, and then nothing. nothing happens.... ever
aaaaaargh!

Harrock
12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
i have tried everything to load 1946 on my damn computer.with windows 7

i copied from old comp on flash drive- doesnt work
i install by clicking a.exe- installed but doesnt play -doesnt work
i try run as admin on every file i can find
ive tried compatibility mode
im so ****ed!

when i click to run, it just shows a little spinning disk for a few seconds, as if its checking the disk, and then nothing. nothing happens.... ever
aaaaaargh!

Harrock
12-12-2009, 05:46 PM
If anybody has any ideas they would be much appreciated
i just wanna play some il2
every thing else worked, fsx,rise of flight,black shark, even lomac
i have windows 7 home 64 if thaT helps

VF-17_Jolly
12-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Try this

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...9310655/m/2861000908 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/2861000908)

Pablo_uk
12-13-2009, 08:42 AM
I've had no such problems and i'm using Windows 7 64bit. The only thing i did was not install in the default program files directory. Try making a new folder called "Games" within your c drive and install into there. All my games are installed in this manner with no problems.

Treetop64
12-13-2009, 09:27 AM
I use Win7 64 bit and it installs right in. No need to manually switch compatibility modes or any other tinkering. I don't think that copying from a flash drive or any other alternative installation will work; you must install straight from the DVD. Also, trying to install into XP mode will not work because XP mode is meant for office workstations that use old Excel and Word files, which are XP-native apps.

However, I discovered that some of my older games, 1946 included, Win7 would install it twice. A couple of seconds after the first installation is complete, a window would pop up saying that "An Installed Program May Not Have Installed Correctly", then I click the <Reinstall> tab. Game installs one more time, and she's all ready to go.

As far as compatibility issues are concerned, Win7 will automatically create separate compatibility folders in order for the game to run properly in Win7 64.

Again, nothing special needs to be done to install 1946 into Win7. If it still will not go, then there may be a problem with your installation or your system.

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-13-2009, 09:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VF-17_Jolly:
Try this

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...9310655/m/2861000908 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/2861000908) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is indeed the solution.

Harrock
12-14-2009, 09:30 AM
it worked!!! thank you so much
securom worked woooo hoooo!!!

Harrock
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
i just wanted to list the steps on how i got il2 1946 to run on my windows 7 system

i had to goto windows explorer and run the " a.exe " file to install from the dvd.

i then installed 4.08m , followed by 4.09m. i had to change the directory to which they were installed to the program files [x86] . check where il2 was installed. program files or program files [x86]

i then downloaded securom analyzer and "yes'ed " it intil it fixed my problem!!!

hope that helps!!

AWL_Spinner
12-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Did exactly the same thing last night, now a happy Win7 x64 IL2'er!

Looking forward to tweaking for performance and visuals later, this'll be the first time I've had a rig that should competently handle FSAA and Perfect mode..

SsSsSsSsSnake
12-15-2009, 01:21 AM
glad you guys got it running ok, do you get decent performance in perfect mode cus thats one problem i have only solved by having 1946 on xp on another drive?

Casey1976
12-15-2009, 09:58 AM
I've been running IL2 on a new 'puter with Win 7 64 bit. I encountered some frame rate loss while playing it at first. I ran "dxdiag" to find out what my issue was...lack of memory for the card that came with the new machine. It chugged along on mid-range graphic settings like a frat boy at a kegger...stumbled and slurred until it fell over (crashed to desktop) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. I was unable to edit my BIOS to allocate more shared memory to the card, so I just upgraded it with a new ATI Radeon. It now runs on Perfect with no lag...even on the massive new maps/campaigns with huge air traffic. IL2 is installed into my Program Files (x86) folder and I have no trouble at all now.

Cheers,

KC

SsSsSsSsSnake
12-15-2009, 01:24 PM
tried it on another mates machine today, same problem weird judderrynesss in perfect, he has sli295 gtx quad core extreme etc we all 3 of us have powerfull hardware so its not that, got to be an issue with win7 64 bit and something in our systems,cant all 3 be wrong ssurely. the difference with win xp is like night and day it looks and runs amazingly. hmmmmmm