PDA

View Full Version : riding the rims

The12342sainT
10-29-2004, 09:45 AM
What changes will the armchair warrior see in the next generation of software? Riding the rims is a term used for driving a car after the wheel has blown out and the tire falls off.

I lovingly and constructively make this comparison to the IL2 engine. The IL2 family of simulations looks beautiful, and my computer, which is a gaming computer by comparison, has yet to run IL2:FB "perfectly" in perfect mode.

Some thoughts about development after PF. Will there be a change in the texturing and amount of dynamic scenery such as trees and clouds? Apply and improve upon lessons learned from flight models; energy loss and turns. Branch the game in two directions: make the game friendly for "Arcade" players(quick multiplay, cockpit off) and "Simulation" players(dynamic campaigns, online wars). Finally, what will the subject be; WW2?, another era? an era of the future?

The12342sainT
10-29-2004, 09:45 AM
What changes will the armchair warrior see in the next generation of software? Riding the rims is a term used for driving a car after the wheel has blown out and the tire falls off.

I lovingly and constructively make this comparison to the IL2 engine. The IL2 family of simulations looks beautiful, and my computer, which is a gaming computer by comparison, has yet to run IL2:FB "perfectly" in perfect mode.

Some thoughts about development after PF. Will there be a change in the texturing and amount of dynamic scenery such as trees and clouds? Apply and improve upon lessons learned from flight models; energy loss and turns. Branch the game in two directions: make the game friendly for "Arcade" players(quick multiplay, cockpit off) and "Simulation" players(dynamic campaigns, online wars). Finally, what will the subject be; WW2?, another era? an era of the future?

VF-29_Sandman
10-30-2004, 10:40 AM
how bout...wings over nam. with f-4,f-8,f-105, b-52's for american, the mig 15,17,21 for the vc's. be able to fly historical missions like rolling thunder, linebacker 1 and 2, etc...even carpet bomb downtown hanoi, complete with evading sam's, zsu aaa, etc. problem: b-52's still on active status. with that, i doubt uncle sammy would let us get pics to be able to model the cockpits.