PDA

View Full Version : Steam and DRM

nstutt
03-31-2011, 03:53 AM
What is the exact story on DRM with this game?? I am getting conflicting information. I have Steam on my computer but am trying to get away from using it for future games, and I definitely dont want a dodgy DRM system on my computer.

nstutt
03-31-2011, 03:53 AM
What is the exact story on DRM with this game?? I am getting conflicting information. I have Steam on my computer but am trying to get away from using it for future games, and I definitely dont want a dodgy DRM system on my computer.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-01-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm assuming you mean Cliffs of Dover. I have it installed and running, I purchased the download version but didn't download it from where I purchased it, I just activated the code within steam and downloaded from there so I'm not sure how it would work otherwise. From what I've seen though the DRM is separate from steam but steam is used for online features (friends, multiplayer, etc.) and hasn't really been an issue yet. I wouldn't worry about it, I haven't seen reports from anywhere of anyone having activation or DRM issues. It's early yet, but I think we're all going to be OK on the DRM score.