PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Blood

XyphoidProcess
06-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I think they should work on the blood effects in Assassins Creed: Revelations. I'm not asking for excessive blood, just for it to look less 2D. I mean come on, even the first game had better looking blood. What do you people think?

XyphoidProcess
06-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I think they should work on the blood effects in Assassins Creed: Revelations. I'm not asking for excessive blood, just for it to look less 2D. I mean come on, even the first game had better looking blood. What do you people think?

Blind2Society
06-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I think this is true for most games. Most either over do it , under do it, or just do it with crappy quality. Though I do think this is of much less importance than some of the other things the devs should be focusing on.

kriegerdesgottes
06-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I just think there should probably be more of it. I like that there is an option to turn it on or off but seriously if you kill 3-10 guys with any kind of sharp pointy object and leave them dead in the streets there is going to be blood everywhere!. I just think a couple spurts real quick is pretty unrealistic and it could use a little more.

XyphoidProcess
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Perhaps it won't take much of their time implementing such a small feature. =]

Well, since they added a feature where you could turn the blood on/off, I wouldn't mind them adding an option for more blood. :P

xCr0wnedNorris
06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XyphoidProcess:
Well, since they added a feature where you could turn the blood on/off, I wouldn't mind them adding an option for more blood. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scales would go from 'No Blood' to 'The Equivalent of 20 Kill Bill Movies x the Saw Series'.

Calvarok
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
They improved the blood in AC:B. Looks darker in coloration. Splatter physics is really not something that they should be worrying about now. Focus on fixing bugs, and making the textures and animations for faces, bodies, buildings and water better.

For AC3, however, hopefully they'll have a new engine, and work on that.

Conniving_Eagle
06-20-2011, 10:04 PM
The I think the first one was the best. Even though the blood looked like gas(a bunch of little red particles) it was still kind of realistic looking, especially for it's time. And don't forget, whenever you killed someone, your weapon would have that blood on it. Maybe in AC3, but who knows. I'm not sure how blood flies, because personally, I've never slashed someone with a sword, but I can imagine that it would come out kind of like water from a hose when you move it left to right really fast.

Calvarok
06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
The I think the first one was the best. Even though the blood looked like gas(a bunch of little red particles) it was still kind of realistic looking, especially for it's time. And don't forget, whenever you killed someone, your weapon would have that blood on it. Maybe in AC3, but who knows. I'm not sure how blood flies, because personally, I've never slashed someone with a sword, but I can imagine that it would come out kind of like water from a hose when you move it left to right really fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, your sword gets dirty with blood in brotherhood and AC, just not entirely smeared with it.

And Ezio never moves his sword left to right really fast. He punctures vital spots directly, or severs the jugular. Which actually creates quite a spurt in-game.

GunnarGunderson
06-20-2011, 10:53 PM
All I want is blood pooling

AMuppetMatt
06-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Why the hell would you want to have loads of blood in an AC game? That's not what the game's about. Granted there WOULD be more blood than what is shown and yes there is a certain fakeness to it, but at the end of the day do you want the AC series to become an 18? (In the UK). Personally I feel too much blood would detract and distract on the game and may make it feel even more fake, especially if it was overdone to make it seem like the ancestor was carrying a chainsaw. I know what you guys are saying about the blood, more but not too much, but that's such a fine line to tread and some people would say that more than what they have now is too much.

If it ain't broke don't fix it... and at the moment the most the blood needs is tweaking. Too much and they ruin it. Better have the devs etc. focus on the things that ARE broken then finalise something like blood.

itsamea-mario
06-21-2011, 03:46 AM
If the aorta is cut it can squirt out blood to about 30 ft.
You may not think it, but this is sort of important, a game about killing should atleast try to show the reality of killing. Cos it ain't pretty.

XyphoidProcess
06-21-2011, 04:07 AM
@AMuppetMatt All I am asking is for the blood to be tweaked a little - that's all. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to add more of it, although as I stated before I wouldn't really mind it. Certainly a lot of people would though, so that's definitely out of the picture.

AMuppetMatt
06-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Xyphoid, I agree with you when you say "tweaked", but my worry is the devs wouldn't tweak it correctly and have something that isn't 100% right. Granted it certainly isn't 100% right now, but i'd rather see more focus on other parts of the game before going and editing blood.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, I just feel it should be placed on the back burner over some other issues http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

darkghost1995
06-21-2011, 08:07 AM
The blood in comparison to everything else in the game looks poor. I turn it off simply because I always notice how fake it looks and in AC3 I definitely want them to improve this.

kriegerdesgottes
06-21-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
All I want is blood pooling </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be cool with this actually and from watching the e3 demo it doesn't seem to be there but if you watch the end of ACB where (spoilers) lucy gets stabbed, her blood pools up immediately under her. Why can't that just happen? I think that would be a happy medium.