PDA

View Full Version : How free will it be??

Saudus
09-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi, this is my first post so please be nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Are the game going to be like, you can move freely wherever you damm well please or you can move freely but only in a specific city.With freely i mean like in oblivion and not like splintercell.

If someone have posted this Im sorry but i haven't found it.

Saudus
09-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi, this is my first post so please be nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Are the game going to be like, you can move freely wherever you damm well please or you can move freely but only in a specific city.With freely i mean like in oblivion and not like splintercell.

If someone have posted this Im sorry but i haven't found it.

lpcrispo
09-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I think it will be "semi-free"...
I dont think you will be able to go EVERYWHERE from the start... put city will open when you advance in the story... like GTA...
but its just what I think it will be, and I dont work for Ubisoft :P

Saudus
09-28-2006, 07:33 AM
You don't think for Ubisoft!!! I thought you did :P

Well Im happy if it turns out like that,but....

I think Oblivion should be the model for it, yes maybe city limitations but nothing else should be limited.
I mean, i wanna headhunt templars.

(is "headhunt" a above E rating word?? If so, sorry)

Cmon pepole give me your opinions.

yavanna_1986
09-28-2006, 08:31 AM
A lot more than POP T2T! >.<

Ahem... excuse me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif... from what I've seen, it looks like it. Oblivion, eh? I haven't played the game, but if it's like Gothic, then I'm happy. If not, well, you can't have everything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The game is going to rock anyway. ^__^

Red_Mercury901
09-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Yep, I agree! I want to run up, poke some guard and have the whole city after me and see how long I last! FUN! YEAH!

drunkrepublican
09-28-2006, 10:47 AM
To my knowledge, Assassin's Creed is free-roaming like Oblivion and GTA.

Fates.Dark.Hand
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM
i'd imagine that on a mission basis, like free-roaming on a misison.

ababakar
09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I hope that it won't be like in the hitman series, but maybe it will be like in thief where you have a great freedom but only in the area of the mission

Saudus
09-28-2006, 11:45 AM
I only played the hitman demo and the freedom there was.....well very limited.
And if i only could move in the area, much of the exploration part would be scraped.
I'd say a Oblivion theme for the moving restrictions. Oblivion is very big and the only time i came to the games border was when i wanted to check how the border was.

And none have replyed to if headhunting is a over E rated word :P

lpcrispo
09-28-2006, 01:37 PM
"The player is free to roam the countryside, explore cities, and participate in side quests and missions to help the population or complete main Assassination missions. All of these objectives can be accomplished in a variety of ways and in the order that suits the player's mood."

From the Jade Raymond new interview I just posted in the Official All known fact about AC topic.

Saudus
09-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Well it should turn out like Jade Raymond said.
I mean, she's the producer of this extraordinary game and should know best.
And I can't say that im unhappy about that.

This game is turning out into a game of the year game I'd say!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

lawkspower
12-09-2006, 02:10 PM
somthing like GTA without the cars but you can climb on anything you see i think even if theres a pile of grass or sumething on the floor you can fall from a roof right on top of it to get down it would be nice to do that xD or get a lot of gaurds after you and go up a roof and when they come up jump on another roof so they have to keep getting ladders haaa so much work for seeing the assassin playing with you xD

randman2007
05-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Jade said that you can climb almost any object. Do you think you'll be able to climb trees above roads? You can then drop down on your target as they pass below.

I guess that would depend whether or not the NPC targets have a traveling routine like some of the characters from Oblivion.

winning_formula
05-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Well she said you can climb anything that sticks out more than 2 inches. So if you can't climb a big *** tree I'll be very, very disappointed in her http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Fallen.Omen
05-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Im hoping it is going to be like a free roam game like Saints Row or Oblivion.

Jade_Samurai
05-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Im not here just to speculate, but from what it looks like from the 360 demo and other promo vids, it looks fairly free roaming, i question how they start at the beginning of the 360 demo though, just appear and BAM a horse in front of you (I know its only a demo) but that looks to me as if where they started to be the edge of the free roaming "zone" maybe like a bubble around cities or something like that. But as i said earlier i don't like to speculate about something i have almost no info about!
but i am sure, it will be an AWESOME GAME!
but i have to say... i don't want to sound like a none believer, but something this complex i would guess needs a lot of bug working out, dark messiah was one example of a game that was released when it has some major game stopping bugs and performance issues! no pressure ubi!!! lol

Wanted_David
05-13-2007, 03:45 AM
in this case, i think "freedom" doesn't mean you can go anywhere you want GTA-style... This is more like in Parkour or Free-running...You can go LITERALLY anywhere you want, including the tallest buildings and the further places...And that's why i looooove this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RetiredHatch
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
this is 100% free-roam i'm pretty sure they already said that yea GTA-style

RogueEbony
05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by winning_formula:
Well she said you can climb anything that sticks out more than 2 inches. So if you can't climb a big *** tree I'll be very, very disappointed in her </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word. It'd be like, "Hey, you know, you *could* climb that wall over there - if you could only *get* there." And I have every confidence Jade and the Ubi folks aren't *that* mean. ^^

King32Gofather
05-14-2007, 06:26 AM
if the game is supposed to b totally open right?

well does that mean u can just go into anyone of the houses etc; in each city or is it going to b just like any other game and the doors and windows are indestructable OR r the doors going to be breakable...???

please what do u guys think?

randman2007
05-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I think that's a good question about the breakable environments. From what we've seen on one of the demos, Altair used his sword to cut out the post of a shop stall or some kind of pagoda to create a diversion. I would assume that if he were on top of that pagoda and a knight were to do the same, then Altair would probably come crashing down.

I would love it if you could charge through the houses and shops ala Ferris Bueller but something tells me to doubt that.

I hope I'm wrong!

winning_formula
05-14-2007, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by King32Gofather:
if the game is supposed to b totally open right?

well does that mean u can just go into anyone of the houses etc; in each city or is it going to b just like any other game and the doors and windows are indestructable OR r the doors going to be breakable...???

please what do u guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This game has been in development for a long time. Six years a think. oblivion was totally free roam and almost all doors you could access. i'm guessing that assasins Creed will not be as big as oblivion in terms of playtime and width. So if it has been in development for a lot longer than oblivion (i think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif) then i would surely hope you could access almost all the doors.

Although you would of thought they would of hinted at it in one of the videos just to get the hype up. We'll just have to wait and see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

rubent1981
05-14-2007, 09:00 AM
I dont think you can enter doors.

RetiredHatch
05-14-2007, 10:38 AM
jade did say (almost a quote) "why can i go in this door but not that one" (thats the gist of what she said) so maybe you can go in doors and if you can't i hope there's a solid reason why like maybe the assassins order told you not to so everytime you try altair will be all like no wait i can't nevermind or something not actually say it just kind've show it in his behavior or something

randman2007
05-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Neat. That sounds promising. Thanks for the info, Hatch.

I hope interrogation will come into play with this game. One of my favorite parts of the Splinter Cell series is pulling an enemy into a dark corner and questioning him to get info. In this case, I think it'd be great to nab someone off the street and pull them into a random house to avoid wandering eyes.

blarson11
05-19-2007, 04:56 PM
My guess is that all of the doors can possibly be interactive, though not all at once. In one of the interviews in the known facts forum something is mentioned about doors being locked or unlocked depending on your relationship with teh doors "owner". some missions may cause one faction to like you and another hate you, so the path you choose in those missions affects where you can go.

randman2007
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
A lot of doors in Oblivion are locked, but almost 98% of those can be picked.

I wonder if lockpicking can come into play with this game as well.

R

knife_X
05-20-2007, 04:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
"The player is free to roam the countryside, explore cities, and participate in side quests and missions to help the population or complete main Assassination missions. All of these objectives can be accomplished in a variety of ways and in the order that suits the player's mood." From the Jade Raymond new interview I just posted in the Official All known fact about AC topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it`s true she said that even on the X06 demo there she allso said she done some helping missions for the monks so they let Altair blend in with them! So I am guessing it will be quite ALOT of free roam but still at this point it will only be speculations and guessings!

bullit-raven
05-20-2007, 05:31 PM
in between is my geuss

Karl_93
05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retired Hatch:
jade did say (almost a quote) "why can i go in this door but not that one" (thats the gist of what she said) so maybe you can go in doors and if you can't i hope there's a solid reason why like maybe the assassins order told you not to so everytime you try altair will be all like no wait i can't nevermind or something not actually say it just kind've show it in his behavior or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya i read that somewhere. She said that they were focusing on gameplay and interactin a lot, so people shouldn't be wondering why they cant go here or why you can go in one door but not the other. So with that combined with a ton of years of work lifts my hopes for free roaming in this game like crazy. I just wouldnt worry about it much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

chewy117
05-23-2007, 04:13 AM
i think it should be massivly open world with endless world and side quests like assassinate other people, small time and big time people it would be good to have open world.

Kadosho
05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Aside from GTA, the Spider-man movie based titles really took it to different heights. If you look at it in another way.. our assassin avatar is akin to Spidey.

john332
05-23-2007, 02:20 PM
maybe its the same like prince of percia... it sure looks a lot like it...

danirivera12
05-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Well maybe the majority of doors can be opened but not all maybe like jade said"if i can open these why cant i open that one" now you might see like a safer lock or a wooden table blocking and then you might say "oh now i know why i cant open this one, its locked". But also i wouldn't like if every door can be opened because most of them would be uninteresting, its not like if in every house there would be something special, but i dun no what do u think? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Tpdragon555
05-25-2007, 09:52 PM
u probably have a hideout of sorts, and start there and your horse is there and you start outside a city or ride there