PDA

View Full Version : does anyone print mission maps?

bubba3884
01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I seem to recall reading somewhere that you should print mission maps before each mission rather than using "m" command in flight. Does anyone do this? and if so, how do you print them ?

Is it easier just to print out one large campaign map (I seem to recall seeing those somewhere?) and use it for each individual mission (like real life)

bubba3884
01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I seem to recall reading somewhere that you should print mission maps before each mission rather than using "m" command in flight. Does anyone do this? and if so, how do you print them ?

Is it easier just to print out one large campaign map (I seem to recall seeing those somewhere?) and use it for each individual mission (like real life)

MadRuski
01-25-2007, 01:55 AM
just use the PRINT SCREEN button, then paste it to PAINT and print of there, although i recon that is more hassele then to just press M.

Waldo.Pepper
01-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Some are already prepared for you by the good folks at 777 group.

http://www.777avg.com/maps/

Flying_Nutcase
01-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Yep and it's very cool for immersion.

I stick the mission's map in a clear plastic folder so I can plot my route with a non-permanent marker, plus write other notes like expected duration between waypoints, an escape heading if I get disoriented while in trouble and areas of concentrated AA to avoid, etc.

This is huuuge for immersion. Add in the use of an E6B manual flight computer and it's extra extra cool.

Have fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

bubba3884
01-25-2007, 10:20 AM
thanks Waldo and Nutcase! that is an awesome site- Suprised I've never seen it before, I've been surfing these forums and fansites for years now but am just starting to really get into the sim now that my pit is almost complete (I'll post pics soon).
those maps are just what I was looking for - I'm going for the ultimate in immersion - including no "m" while flying.

wintergoose
01-25-2007, 11:24 AM
I have printed out all the maps and use them to find my way and to have a better owersight.
But I use the m button regularly on missions

T_O_A_D
01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Who doesn't?????

I've got all mine laminated and I use a erasable marker on them.

Irish_Rogues
01-25-2007, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Who doesn't?????

I've got all mine laminated and I use a erasable marker on them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MEGILE
01-25-2007, 11:33 AM
The offliner known as Lexx_Luthor! prints them off iirc.

Philipscdrw
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Printing them off is the way to go, be sure.

bubba3884
01-25-2007, 03:34 PM
OK, the eastern front maps are great, but what about Pacific Maps? the ones at Airwarfare are in a weird format and the quality is nowhere near the same as the ones at 777avg.