PDA

View Full Version : One quiestion guys.

adadaead
04-27-2004, 01:04 PM
I know some of you guys know a lot about planes.

Please don't call me stupid or anything i just want to get some information. I know some of you guys are like an enseclopedia.

Ok my queastion is on droptanks. I'm from Russia and don't know what this world means yet, so don't say anything like the answer is within the question. So is droptank just a bomb which is pure cement block and its you just drop on a tank. Well it doesn'tr explode of course. Or its an ectra fuel tanks for long missions.

Only in the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.
LtGen Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
There are only two types of aircraft fighters and targets.
Doyle Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC

adadaead
04-27-2004, 01:04 PM

Please don't call me stupid or anything i just want to get some information. I know some of you guys are like an enseclopedia.

Ok my queastion is on droptanks. I'm from Russia and don't know what this world means yet, so don't say anything like the answer is within the question. So is droptank just a bomb which is pure cement block and its you just drop on a tank. Well it doesn'tr explode of course. Or its an ectra fuel tanks for long missions.

Only in the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.
LtGen Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
There are only two types of aircraft fighters and targets.
Doyle Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC

hos8367
04-27-2004, 01:09 PM
they are extra tanks mounted to the bomb racks on the wings to increase range.

El Turo
04-27-2004, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adadaead:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL

Lawn_Dart
04-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Fuel Tanks.

Dropped (only in combat) to reduce drag.

"tanks" + "dropped" = drop tanks

BuzzU
04-27-2004, 01:55 PM
No question is stupid when you don't know the answer. Feel free to ask as much as you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buzz
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/anderson9.jpg