PDA

View Full Version : AC 3 should be ALL DESMOND.. more important than historical settings etc.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:08 PM
when are people going to realize that Desmond is the main character of assassins creed.. im talking to the people who keep talking about going into the animus again in assassins creed 3... yes the game is about historical aspect of teh game, yes its important, but desmond miles is more important.. i want a full game with desmond.. i think its time for him to actully do his mission........

NO ANIMUS, NO ANCESTOR ALL DESMOND

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:08 PM
when are people going to realize that Desmond is the main character of assassins creed.. im talking to the people who keep talking about going into the animus again in assassins creed 3... yes the game is about historical aspect of teh game, yes its important, but desmond miles is more important.. i want a full game with desmond.. i think its time for him to actully do his mission........

NO ANIMUS, NO ANCESTOR ALL DESMOND

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Desmond isn't really the main character. Yes, it revolves around him, but the whole story is created that he is a descendant of master assassins which he can view through the Animus. The Animus is a central character and is needed for the game to provide that twist that all stories contain. We already got some Desmond time in AC:B and I felt it was just the right amount. Too much time in the actual present will bring too many conflicts and things that could go wrong (the whole "gun" dispute)

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Desmond isn't really the main character. Yes, it revolves around him, but the whole story is created that he is a descendant of master assassins which he can view through the Animus. The Animus is a central character and is needed for the game to provide that twist that all stories contain. We already got some Desmond time in AC:B and I felt it was just the right amount. Too much time in the actual present will bring too many conflicts and things that could go wrong (the whole "gun" dispute) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the animus is not a character... the animus is an important object.... but desmond is the "chosen one" per say.. he is the main character.. the story revolves around him, not altair, not ezio... it revolves around desmond

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:17 PM
you've never heard of an object being a character? *points to Companion Cube*

Even if Desmond is the main character, it won't be an AC game without the animus. It was that twist in the game that brought the story to life and made it different. Everyone's seen cloak and dagger stories, but none involve looking at your ancestors and discerning the past to help with the present. That's AC's thing and they're probably going to stick with that. I predict we'll play as Desmond as much as we did in AC:B. One level (about a DNA sequence's worth) of him finishing it off after he realizes something from his ancestors and unlocked something about the apple or where to strike.

oh, and we're the only ones talking so you don't need to quote http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:17 PM
i remember minerva saying

"its all up to you desmond"

sorry, but that was a really stupid comment, saying desmond is not the main character, when the whole story revolves around him..

sorry it just seems like another way of saying "i dont want to play as desmond"

he is the main character, ubisoft has said it, and the story speaks for its self

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
you've never heard of an object being a character? *points to Companion Cube*

Even if Desmond is the main character, it won't be an AC game without the animus. It was that twist in the game that brought the story to life and made it different. Everyone's seen cloak and dagger stories, but none involve looking at your ancestors and discerning the past to help with the present. That's AC's thing and they're probably going to stick with that. I predict we'll play as Desmond as much as we did in AC:B. One level (about a DNA sequence's worth) of him finishing it off after he realizes something from his ancestors and unlocked something about the apple or where to strike.

oh, and we're the only ones talking so you don't need to quote http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the animus is an important object... but who is in the animus.. desmond.. without desmond, no animus.....

desmond cannot keep going into an animus, he actully has to shut down the temples and find eve...

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I've played other games where there is a hero, but he's not the main character

he's just a pivotal character in the sequence. Plus, if he was the main character, why would there also be a comic that is canon and has NOTHING to do with him? He's pivotal but not the main. There is no main character.

and it'll still bring up controversy in the game for present time. Ubi made it pretty clear they didn't want to make it a shooter (which it would be come in the future) with Rebecca's quote "it was just guns all day, boring as hell"

who said Desmond has to shut down the temples? There are other assassins...he's just the informant

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:21 PM

he's just a pivotal character in the sequence. Plus, if he was the main character, why would there also be a comic that is canon and has NOTHING to do with him? He's pivotal but not the main. There is no main character.

and it'll still bring up controversy in the game for present time. Ubi made it pretty clear they didn't want to make it a shooter (which it would be come in the future) with Rebecca's quote "it was just guns all day, boring as hell" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you never heard of a side story or back story.......

for instance kratos is the main character of god of war series... but what if sony decides to do a 4 issue comic book about the rise of athena.. ok the comic is about athena.. but ultimately the story is about kratos....

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:23 PM

and it'll still bring up controversy in the game for present time. Ubi made it pretty clear they didn't want to make it a shooter (which it would be come in the future) with Rebecca's quote "it was just guns all day, boring as hell"

who said Desmond has to shut down the temples? There are other assassins...he's just the informant </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

minerva said

"its all up to you desmond"

she did not say "its all up to you other assassins besides desmond"

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:25 PM
it just seems you really dont want to play as desmond, or even care about his story... just say it, instead of stretching it... i know you dont care about him, or we wouldn't be having this argument

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
okay, bad example, but I'm still not convinced he's the main character. He hasn't developed enough to be one.

It's all up to him to find where the Apples are so the Assassins can plan their move. Without the knowledge they have nothing. He doesn't have to get them though, just provide the knowledge and basically point where they are to the assassins.

you can edit posts, no need to double post.

I actually care about Desmond, I enjoyed playing as him. I don't feel he should have a full game of ONLY him though. It's not the way AC works and it wouldn't fit with what they've done with the past games.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:27 PM
okay, bad example, but I'm still not convinced he's the main character. He hasn't developed enough to be one.

It's all up to him to find where the Apples are so the Assassins can plan their move. Without the knowledge they have nothing. He doesn't have to get them though, just provide the knowledge and basically point where they are to the assassins.

you can edit posts, no need to double post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the thing is.. .minerva said "its all up to you desmond"

its all up to you desmond, meaning hes the only one who can save mankind.. isnt that enough info right there to prove he is the main character..

juno said along the lines that desmond is the only hope....

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
for him to provide the information. To relay from the past to the present to warn humanity. Desmond himself isn't going to go to every temple and every templar to stop them and get every single apple for himself. That's absurd. The rest of the assassins will accomplish that once he can point the PoE's out.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:46 PM
for him to provide the information. To relay from the past to the present to warn humanity. Desmond himself isn't going to go to every temple and every templar to stop them and get every single apple for himself. That's absurd. The rest of the assassins will accomplish that once he can point the PoE's out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know how lame that would be the "chosen one" desmond miles going to give the information to other assassins to activate the temples

and your theory is wrong, based on the point that desmond has to find eve.... and he has to find her, not the other ancestors

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
for him to provide the information. To relay from the past to the present to warn humanity. Desmond himself isn't going to go to every temple and every templar to stop them and get every single apple for himself. That's absurd. The rest of the assassins will accomplish that once he can point the PoE's out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know how lame that would be the "chosen one" desmond miles going to give the information to other assassins to activate the temples

and your theory is wrong, based on the point that desmond has to find eve.... and he has to find her, not the other ancestors

Juno "GO ALONE"

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:52 PM
because he has to find eve, he all of a sudden has to find all the PoE's and kill all the Templars?

He's probably going to find where the PoE's are and how to get them in the animus, tell the assassin, and then while they're off doing that, he gets to Eve on his own (which will be the level we play as him for)

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:55 PM
and the reasons why i disagree with your theory
" desmond has to inform other ancestors"

Juno: We did not build them to be wise. And now they are our final, faulted hope. you are they . You process the potential for understanding. But you broke our tools. Or turned them against one another. We have destroyed what we could. Sealed away what we could not. Most. Not all. And it does not take many to unwind the world. Here is a safe place. Eternal. To store objects. Words. Wisdom. But not life. Almost did we have the means. But time... time erodes us. We can distract him. We can see past him. Feint left when he strikes right. But his reach is so very long. His stamina unending. We cannot evade his grasp. Not forever.

Juno: On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening. You, birthed from our loins and the loins of our enemies. The end and the beginning, who we abhor and honor. The final journey commences. There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.

Juno: The Path must be opened. You cannot escape your part in this. The scales shall be balanced.

Juno: You know very little. We must guide you. Cease your struggle.

Juno: It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

read this, and you will see, why i totally disagree with your "informing" theory

Radman500
11-26-2010, 07:56 PM
because he has to find eve, he all of a sudden has to find all the PoE's and kill all the Templars?

He's probably going to find where the PoE's are and how to get them in the animus, tell the assassin, and then while they're off doing that, he gets to Eve on his own (which will be the level we play as him for) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

again, why your theory is wrong

Juno: (speaking to desmond) we did not buld them to be wise.. and now they are our FINAL FAULTED HOPE. YOU ARE THEY.. YOU as in Desmond is the final hope

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 07:59 PM
again, you can edit messages.

so you expect the entire game to be him going to each temple and retrieving each PoE and killing off the entire templar organization by himself? Where would he know the PoE's are without the animus? How can he fight a whole secret organization by himself? That seems really flawed.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 08:03 PM
again, you can edit messages.

so you expect the entire game to be him going to each temple and retrieving each PoE and killing off the entire templar organization by himself? Where would he know the PoE's are without the animus? How can he fight a whole secret organization by himself? That seems really flawed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i do expect him to go to every temple and activate them and find the POE's....

how is it flawed, He is the "Chosen One" only he can save the world, Minerva and Juno made that really cleared

its only "flawed" cause you dont like it

how was it possible for ezio to kill all those soldiers, and templars.. throughout his whole life... seems really flawed

Radman500
11-26-2010, 08:03 PM
yes i do expect him to go to every temple, since desmond is mankind's final, faulted hope

how is it flawed, He is the "Chosen One" only he can save the world, Minerva and Juno made that really cleared

how was it possible for ezio to kill all those soldiers, and templars.. throughout his whole life... seems really "flawed"

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 08:05 PM
he didn't kill nearly the whole entire organization and he had a whole bunch of help and and an entire BROTHERHOOD helping him.

still, how is he even going to know where the temples are or how to get inside without the animus? Answer me that.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 08:07 PM
he didn't kill nearly the whole entire organization and he had a whole bunch of help and and an entire BROTHERHOOD helping him.

still, how is he even going to know where the temples are or how to get inside without the animus? Answer me that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in AC2... he did most of the stuff by himself, until later in the game

and the apple gave him all the info and secrets of the temples

EmperorxZurg
11-26-2010, 08:13 PM
what did he do by himself in AC2? Maybe I have bad memory, but he had someone with him with whatever he did in that game....

and the apple doesn't have the secrets of the temples, what told you that?

MolochXX
11-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Under no circumstances would I buy an exclusively modern, exclusively Desmond Assassin's Creed game.

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah well im getting tired of ancestors exspecially now there is no point in going back in one as the apple can provide him with any info he needs...

cless711
11-26-2010, 08:57 PM
For all we know Abstergo could have captured Desmond and taken the apple from him xD I dunno but its a thought

LadyGahan2010
11-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Desmond? The main assassin/hero/protagonist without Animus and an ancestor? Oh wow, that would so kill the game. For me. I don't think I would want to play something like that simply because the story/historical settings/puzzle is the main magnet, that's what attracts me.
If AC3 is going to end up in modern world with Desmond, I'm sorry, but bye bye... I'll resort to oldies like Dante's Inferno, which I love too for its content.

mrfishy101
11-26-2010, 09:17 PM
I would get really bored. It would be like doing 50 assassin temples over and over. Besides, I feel that the historical locations are unique, and have never been used [I'll take this oprotunity (sp.) to implement my idea for early colonies in the caribbean (sp.) and such in the 1500's]. I also agree that Desmond will need help in some way, shape, or form. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Desmond will need help in some way, shape, or form.

I'm an Assasin, you'r </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what you guys are saying is that you dont even care about desmond's story

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:26 PM
how the **** are we going to progress desmond's story if we keep going into the animus the whole time, he will never find the temples, or eve.. jeez

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I know but guys Desmonds conclusion keeps getting delayed over and over and they only make like 10% of each game have something about his story if not possible without an ancestor I want Desmond to take up atleast half the game...

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:29 PM
DESMOND IS THE MAIN CHARACTER OF ASSASSINS CREED.. THE WHOLE FREAKIN STORY REVOLVES AROUND HIM..

how is he going to progress his story, if we keep on going to the animus

he is mankind's final hope, but no we go back to the animus agian... and progress like what %2 percent of desmond's story

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 09:33 PM
I agree they can still keep the animus but it should be first half of game in animus second half out of animus with Desmonds story then you can freeroam between both animus & modern day...

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:35 PM
i like how people say AC is all about the historical places, and conspiracies.. when actully its ultimately about the story of desmond miles

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Desmond IS the main character but his story serves as a side story, the real chunk of the story is in the Animus, Assassin's Creed is a game that relies on the Animus to tell it's stories and derive its gameplay from. Having a story of him as "The Chosen One" is too cliche and I'm pretty sure Corey May and his scriptwriting team have a much more deeper meaning to what everything in the past has happened. if everything that Assassin's Creed is known for (the twists, the historical settings, and the Animus) will taken out and having it FULLY take place in the Modern world will be devastating to the franchise and will probably one of Ubisofts biggest fails

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes and i'd rather have a full game with just Desmond for once however many people disagree and I think it might effect sales so why not both a full fledged Desmond story and a full fledged Animus story with the ability after beating the game to free roam between both...

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 09:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Yes and i'd rather have a full game with just Desmond for once however many people disagree and I think it might effect sales so why not both a full fledged Desmond story and a full fledged Animus story with the ability after beating the game to free roam between both... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would only work if the Desmond (side) story and the Animus story were packaged into one game (which it will...). It would work like how AC1 ended, but I doubt that the Desmond "side" story will be an open world as gameplay as I jus see it aain as some sort of base/lab we can walk around it (maybe also like Monteriggioni.) Ubisoft will not spend the money for two separate games as it does not make sense for the company and its developers.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
Desmond IS the main character but his story serves as a side story, the real chunk of the story is in the Animus, Assassin's Creed is a game that relies on the Animus to tell it's stories and derive its gameplay from. Having a story of him as "The Chosen One" is too cliche and I'm pretty sure Corey May and his scriptwriting team have a much more deeper meaning to what everything in the past has happened. if everything that Assassin's Creed is known for (the twists, the historical settings, and the Animus) will taken out and having it FULLY take place in the Modern world will be devastating to the franchise and will probably one of Ubisofts biggest fails </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how is it a side story, the whole AC story revolves around him...????

Desmond is the main protagonist, even if you like it or not, shouldn't he have actully a full game by himself

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes but why have a modern assassin with a hidden blade that he bearly uses and not atleast some sort of roaming for him to use it...

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 09:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
Desmond IS the main character but his story serves as a side story, the real chunk of the story is in the Animus, Assassin's Creed is a game that relies on the Animus to tell it's stories and derive its gameplay from. Having a story of him as "The Chosen One" is too cliche and I'm pretty sure Corey May and his scriptwriting team have a much more deeper meaning to what everything in the past has happened. if everything that Assassin's Creed is known for (the twists, the historical settings, and the Animus) will taken out and having it FULLY take place in the Modern world will be devastating to the franchise and will probably one of Ubisofts biggest fails </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how is it a side story, the whole story revolves around him...????

Desmond is the main protagonist, even if you like it or not, shouldn't he have actully a full game by himself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that Desmond IS the main character, but his story serves as a side story to a certain perspective.

ex: When playing AC2, we play as Ezio's story for 90% of the game, Desmond on the other hand has 10% of gameplay which leads to the assertion that his story is a side story but it isnt, it IS the main story but it is not really the "main cheese" if you will. This will probably happen for the next game. It will NOT be a full Desmond story but an Animus/Desmond story, just like it has been for the past 5 years.

Dagio12
I second that in no way shape or form would i buy a game that is only modern times with desmond only. that would kill the gameplay and what makes AC so great. Lets be real here, Ubisoft has some great writers for this franchise and im sure they bring it a lot of awesome story elements to enhance the story and give reason to continue work in the animus to solve and discover things via the memories of ancestors while also incorporating a little playtime with desmond here and there while excelling his story. a few missions with him doing things, and then some more animus time discovering new elements to the main story. i dont know.. i just can see a full game with just desmond and it still feel remotely like Asassins Creed.

Radman500
so what zabrak.. we should just have desmond be in a animus the whole time and have a max amount of playing time of 8 minutes with him, with advancing %2 of his story

Minerva "its all up to you desmond"

"hey lets put desmond in the animus again, even though he is mankind's final hope, but hey, whatever"

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
I second that in no way shape or form would i buy a game that is only modern times with desmond only. that would kill the gameplay and what makes AC so great. Lets be real here, Ubisoft has some great writers for this franchise and im sure they bring it a lot of awesome story elements to enhance the story and give reason to continue work in the animus to solve and discover things via the memories of ancestors while also incorporating a little playtime with desmond here and there while excelling his story. a few missions with him doing things, and then some more animus time discovering new elements to the main story. i dont know.. i just can see a full game with just desmond and it still feel remotely like Asassins Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the last time, desmond is the main character of AC the whole story revolves around him...

he is more important than his ancestors

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
I second that in no way shape or form would i buy a game that is only modern times with desmond only. that would kill the gameplay and what makes AC so great. Lets be real here, Ubisoft has some great writers for this franchise and im sure they bring it a lot of awesome story elements to enhance the story and give reason to continue work in the animus to solve and discover things via the memories of ancestors while also incorporating a little playtime with desmond here and there while excelling his story. a few missions with him doing things, and then some more animus time discovering new elements to the main story. i dont know.. i just can see a full game with just desmond and it still feel remotely like Asassins Creed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the last time, desmond is the main character of AC the whole story revolves around him...

he is more important than his ancestors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its like saying the bible should all be about Jesus Christ because he is "THE MAIN CHARACTER" but it isnt, there are different stories accompanied by that are as important to the whole scheme of things.

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes but at the same time Desmond cant keep doing things virtually he needs to get out the chair and actually do something for more than 20 minutes without going back to the animus again...

If 90% of AC3 is an Ancestor ill be annoyed because that means some how they have to rush Desmond saving the world within that 10% of his playtime...

It should be epic and not rushed in a quick attempt to return to the animus I want to see Desmond taking out templars and actually doing his part...

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Its like saying the bible should all be about Jesus Christ because he is "THE MAIN CHARACTER" but it isnt, there are different stories accompanied by that are as important to the whole scheme of things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

alright zabrak how would you split desmond/animus gameplay for ac3

50/50????

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 09:57 PM

Its like saying the bible should all be about Jesus Christ because he is "THE MAIN CHARACTER" but it isnt, there are different stories accompanied by that are as important to the whole scheme of things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

50/50???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond:25%
Animus: 75%

Radman500
11-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Animus: 75% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and will this %25 percent actually add more to desmond's story.... cause this is the final ac3.. and he has to find the temples and find eve....

cgdemon894
11-26-2010, 10:00 PM
this will be desmond's final act.

DarkicoN14
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm going to jump in on this, Just because the game revolves around Desmond does not mean he is the main character. In fact i'd say The assassins are the protagonists of the game and Templar's the antagonists so ultimately there is no main character just Characters of groups.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
see im more in the line of 70% desmond 30% animus

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 10:02 PM
See as much as I like the history you learn in the animus I want Desmonds story to finnish and he has quite alot to do the only way they would squeeze all the stuff into 25% is if they shortened and rushed it you see I dont just want to see platforming I want to see Desmond fight with the hidden blade he is yet to truly use...

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkicoN14:
I'm going to jump in on this, Just because the game revolves around Desmond does not mean he is the main character. In fact i'd say The assassins are the protagonists of the game and Templar's the antagonists so ultimately there is no main character just Characters of groups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that doesn't make sense how when a story revolves around that character, that character isn't the main character

desmond is mankind's final hope... he is the main character

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 10:04 PM

id go with that.. the first 75% can be about the animus and the last 25% can be desmond. but honestly.. the writers could really throw in some twists and more story elements and it could be another 2 games before desmond really gets 25% or more gameplay time with him finally bringing the game to an end. im not understanding why people think in order to get desmond to save the world it has to be 100% about him. it hasnt been like that in any other game, and i dont see them changing the formula all of a sudden. i dont see why it cant be both.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 10:06 PM

id go with that.. the first 75% can be about the animus and the last 25% can be desmond. but honestly.. the writers could really throw in some twists and more story elements and it could be another 2 games before desmond really gets 25% or more gameplay time with him finally bringing the game to an end. im not understanding why people think in order to get desmond to save the world it has to be 100% about him. it hasnt been like that in any other game, and i dont see them changing the formula all of a sudden. i dont see why it cant be both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why can it not be 100%...

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
as much as squeezing desmonds story into 25% of the game seems rushed.. i could see them spreading it out throught 2 more games.. i honestly dont believe this is the end of Assassins Creed. and if its the end of desmond, i think the writers will make it work.

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Well since the ending of ACB I'd be pretty annoyed to find out in order to continue Desmonds story I must buy Assassins Creed: 2012

I'd rather have 50% animus at the beginning and 50% Desmond

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 10:15 PM

id go with that.. the first 75% can be about the animus and the last 25% can be desmond. but honestly.. the writers could really throw in some twists and more story elements and it could be another 2 games before desmond really gets 25% or more gameplay time with him finally bringing the game to an end. im not understanding why people think in order to get desmond to save the world it has to be 100% about him. it hasnt been like that in any other game, and i dont see them changing the formula all of a sudden. i dont see why it cant be both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why can it not be 100%... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never really said it CANT. im simply saying i dont think the gameplay would work the same.. it would be a slightly different game.. which is fine.. but i dont think i would buy it. its just a personal opinion. i just personally dont think i would enjoy a game 100% about desmond as much as i enjoy the game the way it is. it may still be cool tho.. but.. whatever, this will always be a battle over the people that want a more modern desmond feel.. and people that love everything else about the game.

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Well since the ending of ACB I'd be pretty annoyed to find out in order to continue Desmonds story I must buy Assassins Creed: 2012

I'd rather have 50% animus at the beginning and 50% Desmond </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nobody said they couldnt continue his story in the next one. way to exaggerate. thumbs up

flyingeaglemile
11-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Unless if they make another side game (Not AC3 officially but something like brotherhood)then you really need Desmond to have at least half or more to the game dedicated to him. He has a lot to do, go to the temples, kill Vidic (we all know it`s going to happen),find Eve, save the world, can`t do that in 25% of a game.

Ubisoft said Assassin Creed will be a trilogy, and I don`t expect them to keep making side games like brotherhood. So really Desmond needs to do a lot in the next game because I personally don`t want his story rushed and I`ve been waiting for since the first game for him to climb some buildings and kick some templar ***.

cory.k
11-26-2010, 10:36 PM

I tend to agree with you on changing the formula of the previous games being an issue, SF. But the thing is is we've been moving toward a modern-day confrontation since the opening of the original AC. The Animus, although a central part of the story, has always essentially been a tool for using the past to gain knowledge that can be used in the present/future. If the Devs choose not to do a Desmond-heavy installment (75/25, 70/30, somewhere in there) then they're going to have to come up with some pretty good/convincing reasons to explore another ancestor's memories. The whole purpose of using the Animus since day one has been to find the Apple. In the beginning you were working for the templars running Abstergo, starting in ACII and continuing on into AC:B (having somewhat embraced being an Assassin) you're working to get to it before they do, which you've accomplished by the end of Brotherhood. I'm just saying they're going to run out of reasons to go searching through the past at some point, and in order to wrap up the story up we're going to have to end up in 2012, and for a larger percentage of time than we played as Desmond in AC:B, IMO.

Note: I have been thinking lately that the only thing that could change this is if the voices that we hear during the credits belong to templars/Abstergo employees. But even if the Apple (and you would assume, Desmond, as well) has fallen into their hands, I wouldn't think much could be done about that by reliving another ancestor's memories.

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 10:53 PM
i too would love to see how the desmond story end, and see him do all the things he still needs to do. but its not like ubisoft cant make a long interesting single player campaign that gives both elements ( "animus" "desmond" ) a lot of play time. but i think it would be a big mistake to just have a game with nothing but desmond. as important as his character is, you cant deny the fact that the main pillar of this "game" is everything else that the game has offered. so maybe 25% isnt enough.. and if they plan on making more then just one more game.. i think they could do something like 25% next game and then a little more next time.. and if this is going to be the last game.. then they should probably have a little more play time with desmond if need b.

i just also feel that there is a lot that they could still do with this game with as good as the writers seem to be. and im not ready to lose what makes this game so unique and great.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 11:15 PM
dont you ever want to see desmond actully accomplish his goals... or just sit in the animus all day???

Sparty2020
11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
I hope for another Animus game. Let's keep Desmond's story like we did AC:B's which is 10%-15%. In AC:B Desmond's plot advanced exponentially (he acquired the long-elusive PoE, found a new hideout, and through the glyphs and the e-mail we learn a whole lot). I would enjoy the thought of going through another ancestor from cradle to conception, like we (nearly) did with Ezio.

As for reasons to go back into the Animus: the Temples, Eve's descendant, and how to stop Abstergo have all been left unexplained. No clues, no leads, no bait. The only thing we have resembling a clue is the allusion to the French Revolution Shaun discovered under the Colosseum.

I was originally interested in AC after the first trailer and Ms. Raymond announced it would be a historical series, that was LONG before any of this pseudoscience emerged. An exclusively modern-day game would feel too much like Uncharted or SplinterCell.

And for everyone who says that AC is a trilogy, that announcement was made either before or shortly after AC 1 launched. Until I hear somebody from Ubi say that AC is still a trilogy I think they can drag these games out as long as they want. And so long as we don't wait too long for a conclusion, I'm fine with that.

cory.k
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM
i too would love to see how the desmond story end, and see him do all the things he still needs to do. but its not like ubisoft cant make a long interesting single player campaign that gives both elements ( "animus" "desmond" ) a lot of play time. but i think it would be a big mistake to just have a game with nothing but desmond. as important as his character is, you cant deny the fact that the main pillar of this "game" is everything else that the game has offered. so maybe 25% isnt enough.. and if they plan on making more then just one more game.. i think they could do something like 25% next game and then a little more next time.. and if this is going to be the last game.. then they should probably have a little more play time with desmond if need b.

i just also feel that there is a lot that they could still do with this game with as good as the writers seem to be. and im not ready to lose what makes this game so unique and great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely agree with that. I'm hoping that they'll scrap the whole trilogy thing (which they kinda already did by adding another full Desmond/ancestor game with Brotherhood) and just let the games and the story play out naturally in the way that best serves the plot, instead of trying to fit everything into a predetermined box.

I definitely get where you're coming from Radman, it's just that I think we (not trying to put words in your mouth, SF) would rather Ubi do it in a way that stays true to the series rather than rush everything and make a ton of off-putting changes just to fit the story into 3 (and a half) games.

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 11:49 PM
cory and sparty.. i think you guys are right with me. to put it short and sweet. yes i would love to see desmond fulfill his goals, but in a way that stays true to the series. and since i dont believe this is the end of AC, i think they can continue to do what theyve been doing, the way theyve been doing it and continue and end the story accordingly.

Sparty2020
11-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Fantastic, now that we are in agreement all of these "I WANT DESMOND" and "I WANT ANIMUS" threads can finally die http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dagio12
11-27-2010, 12:12 AM
amen to that.

SWJS
11-27-2010, 12:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Desmond IS the main character but his story serves as a side story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, Desmond's story is a framing story. The stories inside the animus are stories within the main, framing story, therefore THEY are backstories. The actual, true story is about Desmond. Period.

kriegerdesgottes
11-27-2010, 12:14 AM
ok that's it. I'm sick of people saying stupid crap like this. look ac is about desmond miles, but an ac game in the present time or 2012 would be freaking horrible and i'm telling you right now if ubisoft has a brain ( and it does) it won't make it totally in the present. The whole appeal to the games is being able to visit a place you can't normally see the way it was hundreds of years ago. Do you people not understand how friken awesome that is? and on top of it you're a bad *** assassin. If it's in the present the whole time it's nothing more than grand theft auto with a hood. and let's be honest those games aren't even that fun anymore. ac should be and will always feature an ancestor. ubisoft please stop listening to idiots talk about only desmond games and putting the game with a female character in japan or whatever they are just kinda dumb and aren't thinking clearly. I am a gigantic fan of these games....the single player portion anyway and although the desmond part is cool it still has to take place somewhere else too. like revolutionary france for example http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EmperorxZurg
11-27-2010, 01:17 AM
I really regret subscribing to this thread now -_- Ever post is making the exact same points and no progress towards a final conclusion is being made. It's like Parliament/Congress!

So you guys duke it out, I'm out (hooray for leaving discussions)

True_Assassin92
11-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Subject 16 will arise, he's the main character! xD

tjbyrum1
11-27-2010, 06:42 AM
I guarantee you AC3 will have Desmond in it with more playtime, the Animus, and some type of ancestor.

SPOILER SPOILER SPIOLER!
AC3 is going to take place DIRECTLY afteer ACB. If you don't know, Desmond was put RIGHT back into the Animus.

Who else wants to be that AC3 will open up as YOU playing the Ancestor, then finishing up a Sequence, waking up as a surprised Desmond, and meeting those two guys?

END OF SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I am 100% their will be an Ancestor in AC3. I am 100% sure I can win any argument saying otherwise.

rb2610
11-27-2010, 06:55 AM
If it was 100% Desmond the game will pretty much become Splinter Cell Conviction with free running and hidden blades :/

I already have Conviction, it's a good game, but AC is far better and I don't want pretty much another copy of the same game.

SWJS
11-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Here's an Idea. Desmond goes searching for the temples, and each times he needs to find one, he passes out and relives part of an ancestor's life, then he wakes up and knows where the temple is, then goes to it and activates it. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Wind91
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM
if it's desmond it's going to be AC but in a modern city the end. which is not splinter cell otherwise AC is splinter cell but in a different time setting.

No we wont suddenly be in a new ancestors memory, they put him in the animus and he got placed back into Ezio's memories.

Also there were hundreds of ancient and mythological symbols floating around, shaun noticed 2 started talking which was annoying and they pretty much shut him up cuz it was stupid info.

SWJS
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they pretty much shut him up cuz it was stupid info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or maybe it was important to the story and they cut him off to keep us in the dark, like they did with 16 and, oh I dunno, the ending.

rb2610
11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Here's an Idea. Desmond goes searching for the temples, and each times he needs to find one, he passes out and relives part of an ancestor's life, then he wakes up and knows where the temple is, then goes to it and activates it. Wash, rinse, and repeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds awfully repetitive, it'd be like the structure of AC1 all over again :/

thecapeo
11-27-2010, 01:42 PM
AC3 will NEVER be all Desmond. Radman, give it up. The devs have been saying in interviews since 2 that they'd never go too far forward because guns would ruin the game.

And the argument of who the "main character" is is ridiculous. Altair is the protagonist of 1. Ezio is the protagonist of 2 and Brotherhood. As someone already mentioned Desmond's story is a framing device. AC3 will be almost entirely within the animus again. It's Desmond's ability to tap into his ancestor's lives and knowledge that makes him necessary but not central to the story. He's no more "important" than his ancestors. It's the entirety of the knowledge he can tap into that is important. Eve, the PoEs, the Temples, all this can be found in the past. Actually, given the ending of Brotherhood all that might not even be necessary.

CptCrunch97
11-27-2010, 01:55 PM
First, it would turn into a shooter. The enemy guards would be using guns, so when a pack of 4 of them notice you like in ACB, you die, instantly. Secondly, the amount of people leaving the game for rlack of historical setting would outnumber the amount of people who get the game for that setting.

Sloshylucas
11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Here's an Idea. Desmond goes searching for the temples, and each times he needs to find one, he passes out and relives part of an ancestor's life, then he wakes up and knows where the temple is, then goes to it and activates it. Wash, rinse, and repeat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I can see something like this happening in AC3. You go into the animus, relive an ancestor's memory to find a temples's location, then go find the temple in 2012. This would avoid all the problems with the time period like guns as the temples would be like the Lairs of Romulus in AC:B (Isolated from the rest of the world). Then, once you've activated the temple, you go back in the animus and repeat the above process.

So while in the Animus you play through the core gameplay fundementals (such as assassinations, etc), the 2012 part of AC3 would be more puzzles and platforming in temples than stealthy comabt.

Though while nearing the end of AC3 there would be more Desmond scenes, the game would probably turn out to be %65 Animus, %35 Desmond.

Radman500
11-27-2010, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CptCrunch97:
First, it would turn into a shooter. The enemy guards would be using guns, so when a pack of 4 of them notice you like in ACB, you die, instantly. Secondly, the amount of people leaving the game for rlack of historical setting would outnumber the amount of people who get the game for that setting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but whats the need for desmond to go back in the animus... he has to actully do his mission.. activate the temples and find eve

assassin087
11-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I think this would be a great idea. Personally i prefer to play as an anscestor instead of desmond but others want more desmond gameplay.

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sloshylucas:

Yes, I can see something like this happening in AC3. You go into the animus, relive an ancestor's memory to find a temples's location, then go find the temple in 2012. This would avoid all the problems with the time period like guns as the temples would be like the Lairs of Romulus in AC:B (Isolated from the rest of the world). Then, once you've activated the temple, you go back in the animus and repeat the above process.

So while in the Animus you play through the core gameplay fundementals (such as assassinations, etc), the 2012 part of AC3 would be more puzzles and platforming in temples than stealthy comabt.

Though while nearing the end of AC3 there would be more Desmond scenes, the game would probably turn out to be %65 Animus, %35 Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry but a game composed 35% of Romulus Lairs is extremely dull and not worth it. I'd rather that theyy keep Desmond to 10%-15% like in Brotherhood.

Assassin_Mitch
11-27-2010, 07:38 PM
^You do know Desmond is the main characrter of the series right?

Sparty2020
11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Haven't we already established this point? Desmond is the frame for the narrative, nothing more. If you wanna view him as the main character that is your prerogative, but most people and the development team look at him for what he is: a plot device.

RomanDozer
11-28-2010, 02:07 AM
NO ANIMUS, NO ANCESTOR ALL DESMOND </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game is about Desmond, it's his story, hell the dev's even said so on the bonus content disc that came with the Collector's edition (dev blog/ interview). It's obvious that each games' main story line are about Desmond and how can he use the Animus to acquire the Apple PoE (Piece of Eden)

I'm ready, for a Desmond story or not. I don't care either way as I am sure we will still need to rely on the Animus. (Look at how useful a tool it is?) Remember, there are reports of OTHER PoE's out there and Radman500, how else do you think we're going to track them down if they have been lost to memory, when the only way we found out about them in the first place was by using the Animus machine?

***SPOILER ALERT// END GAME SPOILER***

I think some folks are under the presumption that because Desmond had in fact successfully recovered the Apple, that we are going to see nothing but him and main story with him. If there are more PoE's out there, then owning one might not gain The Guild an advantage, especially when, who knows, maybe the Templars have one too! Now we're back on even ground. This story is far from over, far from being just Desmond. I hate to burst your bubble there fella... as much as I would love a Desmond story too, there's still way to many holes in the story yet for us to just have a game with strictly him.
What we may see at some point is him using the Animus to uncover other PoE's and then playing as him to head to said location to retrieve it. But if only he, Des, knows about it, then it would most likely be just a platforming game with little enemy interaction, as I am sure many of these PoE are underground now. (Dungeon crawling) That would be boring as ****

Wind91
11-28-2010, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Haven't we already established this point? Desmond is the frame for the narrative, nothing more. If you wanna view him as the main character that is your prerogative, but most people and the development team look at him for what he is: a plot device. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The entire frikking story has been about Desmond being the savior of the entire world. Every single game has been building Desmond both in strength and in character. So no, sorry thinking Desmond is not the main character is your prerogative - because if Ubi backs down now THEN AC is dead. Because instead of actually going through and finishing a story, you killed it by stretching it out. Everything must end, im not saying this is the end of AC - it's not you can easily continue the series with Templar versus Assassin's that war will never end, ever. Or you could have Desmond go back and relive his memories from the time of the Ancients for some random reason after he saves the world. Every AC has been a buildup to Desmond's grand adventure to find temples, the girl, and save the world. The Animus and his ancestors are plot devices, not the other way around.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">main character is your prerogative - because if Ubi backs down now THEN AC is dead. Because instead of actually going through and finishing a story, you killed it by stretching it out. Everything must end, im not saying this is the end of AC - it's not you can easily continue the series with Templar versus Assassin's that war will never end, ever. Or you could have Desmond go back and relive his memories from the time of the Ancients for some random reason after he saves the world. Every AC has been a buildup to Desmond's grand adventure to find temples, the girl, and save the world. The Animus and his ancestors are plot devices, not the other way around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed... desmond is the main character of assassins creed, the whole story revolves around him...

the animus and ancestors are plot devises....

the developers have said the story revolves around desmond

there is no need for desmond to back in the animus... no need

Radman500
11-28-2010, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Haven't we already established this point? Desmond is the frame for the narrative, nothing more. If you wanna view him as the main character that is your prerogative, but most people and the development team look at him for what he is: a plot device. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no.. desmond is the main character of the series

the animus and his ancestors are just plot devises

Radman500
11-28-2010, 11:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sloshylucas:

Though while nearing the end of AC3 there would be more Desmond scenes, the game would probably turn out to be %65 Animus, %35 Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry but a game composed 35% of Romulus Lairs is extremely dull and not worth it. I'd rather that theyy keep Desmond to 10%-15% like in Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yah another 10-15% desmond game, yeah

i mean he only has 72 days to save the world, find eve, the temples etc... but no were just going to put him in an animus.. were just going to keep stretching the story, demsond will never
fufill his goals, cause well were just going to keep going in the animus"

notafanboy
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
plzzz not to much desmond !. hes just ,as somebody else said :a plot device

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
plzzz not to much desmond !. hes just ,as somebody else said :a plot device </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no not really.. he is basically the main character of the story, since all of assassins creed revolves around him

the animus and the ancestors are plot devises...

OGCFB
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes I mean sure keep the animus, but if they do put a huge amount of Desmond in and none of that 10% stuff but a full Desmond adventure im sick of his story getting delayed although there was good reason for it but in the 3rd one his story getting delayed would be pointless he has the apple he has the fighting skills he has eagle vision now go and do something...

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Yes I mean sure keep the animus, but if they do put a huge amount of Desmond in and none of that 10% stuff but a full Desmond adventure im sick of his story getting delayed although there was good reason for it but in the 3rd one his story getting delayed would be pointless he has the apple he has the fighting skills he has eagle vision now go and do something... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

desmond is not a "plot devise" since the whole story revolves around him.. if anything the animus and ancestors our plot devises

im to getting sick of the delay in desmond's story... im getting sick of going into the animus to add more stuff for desmodn to do, yet he will never get them done, if we keep going back in the animus......

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes I mean sure keep the animus, but if they do put a huge amount of Desmond in and none of that 10% stuff but a full Desmond adventure im sick of his story getting delayed although there was good reason for it but in the 3rd one his story getting delayed would be pointless he has the apple he has the fighting skills he has eagle vision now go and do something... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

desmond is not a "plot devise" since the whole story revolves around him.. if anything the animus and ancestors our plot devises

im to getting sick of the delay in desmond's story... im getting sick of going into the animus to add more stuff for desmodn to do, yet he will never get them done, if we keep going back in the animus...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you want a game of romulus lairs hey??
set now but with no guns?

I wouldnt pay 40 quid for a romulus lair game.
And if it was set in 2012 it WOULD NEED GUNS something on the splinter cell level, a simple pistol, and all your assassin gear.
Im not promoting that Ac has guns, but to be set now, it would need it. not done on a cod level, but a simple pistol. no one fights with swords these days.
To put it simply desmond and the animus are both plot devices, take them out and you still have a game, take the history part out and do you have a game, well you have a 20 minute thing.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:

im to getting sick of the delay in desmond's story... im getting sick of going into the animus to add more stuff for desmodn to do, yet he will never get them done, if we keep going back in the animus...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you want a game of romulus lairs hey??
set now but with no guns?

I wouldnt pay 40 quid for a romulus lair game.
And if it was set in 2012 it WOULD NEED GUNS something on the splinter cell level, a simple pistol, and all your assassin gear.
Im not promoting that Ac has guns, but to be set now, it would need it. not done on a cod level, but a simple pistol. no one fights with swords these days.
To put it simply desmond and the animus are both plot devices, take them out and you still have a game, take the history part out and do you have a game, well you have a 20 minute thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no desmond is not a plot devise... since the whole ac story revolves around desmond miles (the developers have said it themselves)

the animus and ancestors are plot devises since there main point is to further the story of desmond miles

so how are we going to advance desmond's story again, oh another 10 minutes of gameplay and the animus.. no he has to actually do his missions like the temples, find eve, save the world

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
without desmod the story WOULD work, without the ANIMUS and the HISTORY we wouldnt have a game, thus he is a plot device who IS ALSO the main character.
So how would you make a game set now without guns work?

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:
without desmod the story WOULD work, without the ANIMUS and the HISTORY we wouldnt have a game, thus he is a plot device who IS ALSO the main character.
So how would you make a game set now without guns work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is not a plot devise... your not getting it

the assassins creed story revolves around desmond miles... alright.. its about him ok

the animus and ancestors are implemented to further the story of desmond miles.... not the other way around..

the developers have said the game is ultimately about desmond miles......

Assassin_Mitch
11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
But the Templars do still need Desmond alive since they know nothing about what the Assassins have been discovering in the past 2 games. So they probably want to use Desmond to find more PoE's. They would need him alive so they wouldn't use guns to kill him. Easily explained.

notafanboy
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
i would not buy the next AC game if its all about desmond ... .the ac series has allways been about historical events

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
i would not buy the next AC game if its all about desmond ... .the ac series has allways ben about historical events </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that ultimately tie into the story of desmond miles

notafanboy
11-28-2010, 01:40 PM
i would not buy the next AC game if its all about desmond ... .the ac series has allways ben about historical events </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that ultimately tie into the story of desmond miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
urhhh ...

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 01:40 PM

the assassins creed story revolves around desmond miles... alright.. its about him ok

the animus and ancestors are implemented to further the story of desmond miles.... not the other way around..

the developers have said the game is ultimately about desmond miles...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but the games would work without desmond.
You still havnt explained (seen as you 100% for it) how a complete desmond game would work, so far we've had the romulus lair idea, which is just plain sh!t.
The Animus has a clear part to play, it bridges all the gaps, after what happened in Junos temple, will desmond want to look into the Apple? And most importantl, how would the bliddy game with just desmond work?

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM

urhhh ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what can you not get that ubisoft has said that the whole story revolves around desmond... is it that hard to understand

notafanboy
11-28-2010, 01:43 PM

what can you not get that ubisoft has said that the whole story revolves around desmond... is it that hard to understand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes, but desmond is not interesting !!

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:44 PM

the developers have said the game is ultimately about desmond miles...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but the games would work without desmond.
You still havnt explained (seen as you 100% for it) how a complete desmond game would work, so far we've had the romulus lair idea, which is just plain sh!t.
The Animus has a clear part to play, it bridges all the gaps, after what happened in Junos temple, will desmond want to look into the Apple? And most importantl, how would the bliddy game with just desmond work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how would the game work without desmond... the animus needs someone to relive the memories of an ancestor

ill answer your question, if you answer mine

How would you advance desmond's story, without the use of an animus??

answer this and ill answer yours

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Radman. you are not answering the question of how a desmond game would work. Just because is desmond is the the main character over the series does'nt mean he isn't a plot device.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Radman. you are not answering the question of how a desmond game would work. Just because is desmond is the the main character over the series does'nt mean he isn't a plot device. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> hes not a plot devisethe main story is about him.... the animus and ancestors further desmond's story.. the story of altair and ezio are not the main stories, the main story is desmond... he is not a plot devise

and i said i will answer your question if you answer mine

"HOW WOULD YOU ADVANCE DESMOND'S STORY WITHOUT THE USE OF THE ANIMUS"&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:51 PM
ezio and altair, the animus, there all plot devises that all are connected (intertwined) to the main story of desmond

notafanboy
11-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Radman. you are not answering the question of how a desmond game would work. Just because is desmond is the the main character over the series does'nt mean he isn't a plot device. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"HOW WOULD YOU ADVANCE DESMOND'S STORY WITHOUT THE USE OF THE ANIMUS"&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
magic !

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Radman. you are not answering the question of how a desmond game would work. Just because is desmond is the the main character over the series does'nt mean he isn't a plot device. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> hes not a plot devisethe main story is about him.... the animus and ancestors further desmond's story.. the story of altair and ezio are not the main stories, the main story is desmond... he is not a plot devise

"HOW WOULD YOU ADVANCE DESMOND'S STORY WITHOUT THE USE OF THE ANIMUS"&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
how would i advance desmonds story?
Well Without the animus it would be pretty boring, and involve playing as desmond stalking through the local libraries for information.
The Key thing is is that desmond is reliying on the animus here, with out the animus desmond is f-ing pointless. And BTW, I asked the question first, sou you should have answered and then posted your question.
tah. John

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:56 PM

how would i advance desmonds story?
Well Without the animus it would be pretty boring, and involve playing as desmond stalking through the local libraries for information.
The Key thing is is that desmond is reliying on the animus here, with out the animus desmond is f-ing pointless. And BTW, I asked the question first, sou you should have answered and then posted your question.
tah. John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your correct.. precisely.. the animus is a plot devise that is used to further the story of desmond.. finally you got it

also for the "guns" thing.. i would make something like the assassins and templars do not believe in the use of modern guns.... only hidden pistols are permitted

see your question was simply answered

Radman500
11-28-2010, 01:59 PM

what can you not get that ubisoft has said that the whole story revolves around desmond... is it that hard to understand </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes, but desmond is not interesting !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to you maybe.. to me he is...

F4H bandicoot
11-28-2010, 02:05 PM
no, the game does not revolve around you and your big ego, CIZ I WANTZ ITZ THE NEW GAMEZ SHUD HAVEZ DEZMOND AND MAINZ BLUD.
get. a . reality. check.

once again the real reason people play the game is due to he historic points of interest.
and for the final time, DESMOND IS A PLOT DEVICE. not The only one,
im pretty sure that we couldnt have an assassins creed game without the animus, geez they could have cut the animus and desmond out, but cut the history part out an WE DONT HAVE A GAME.
Desmond is the main character, i wont disagree with that, but whe we play as ezio were we all thinking about desmond. I wasn't im pretty sure others weren't aswell.
And Please, answer my question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree, up to an extent. Maybe he could spend sessions in the Animus to learn about his objective before setting out to complete it? But yes, AC3 should mostly be about Desmond. They didn't put Desmond in the Animus just to find stuff. They also put him in there for TRAINING. What's the point of training if you're not going to use it?

Kraftmyself
11-28-2010, 02:57 PM
So you want to run around in the modern world fighting other templars with only guns (because that's all you can use today without looking like a *******) and finding the treasure over and over again? This isn't uncharted, this is AC, the point (I think) that disturbed is trying to make is that AC is about discovering the secrets of the past and unraveling the mystery that is the assassins and the templars history not becoming a modern day sam fisher (splinter cell) and what makes AC unique is that you get to see history from our modern, technologic view instead of eventually just running around with silenced pistol's on your wrists and climbing skyscrapers with your bare hands for an entire game. So yes, desmond is the main character but not for what he does but for who he is, or more specifically, who his ancestors are and that's what the assassins need him for because they don't know jack squat about their history either.

Kraftmyself
11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Another thing, who cares if they say it's for training? Did anyone see the whole Adam and Eve story coming when they were playing AC1? NO, who would've thought that would be the way the story was heading? I certainly didn't imagine it was going to involve the huge conundrum that is god and the story about where we come from, I assumed we would escape into the modern world and become an assassin but at the end of AC1 I realized that that's not what assassins creed is about, it's about taking an immensely creative and imaginative take on our history and sliding it in snugly with what we know to be true in our world and making us think about our history as we know it.

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kraftmyself:
So you want to run around in the modern world fighting other templars with only guns (because that's all you can use today without looking like a *******) and finding the treasure over and over again? This isn't uncharted, this is AC, the point (I think) that disturbed is trying to make is that AC is about discovering the secrets of the past and unraveling the mystery that is the assassins and the templars history not becoming a modern day sam fisher (splinter cell) and what makes AC unique is that you get to see history from our modern, technologic view instead of eventually just running around with silenced pistol's on your wrists and climbing skyscrapers with your bare hands for an entire game. So yes, desmond is the main character but not for what he does but for who he is, or more specifically, who his ancestors are and that's what the assassins need him for because they don't know jack squat about their history either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well if Ubisoft weren't planning on making a good part of AC3 (which is also the final game in the trilogy) about Desmond, then they shouldn't have added in the whole story of: "OMG the world is going to end and the Templars are after us, put Desmond into the Animus for training!" and "OMG Desmond has escaped, train our Templars to hunt him down!" Because let's just face it, Desmond won't be doing much fighting back when the Templars come if he's sat in the Animus all day, nor will he be finding these Temples, or other Apples of Eden. Desmond's story could be a good way to increase the challenge in Assassin's Creed. Using social stealth and all that, without open conflict. In the modern world, open conflict will end up in you getting shot down.

xangie1
11-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I guess that one day even Desmond's story will eventually end. But not in AC3.

And If I you listen carefully to what Ubisoft states in interviews you'll probably know, that there'll always be an animus and an ancestor.

Every Ancestor will be a nummered one. AC1=Altair, AC2=Ezio, AC3= *insert ancestor-eagle-name here* (Maybe Arden? XD XD...btw Arthur also means "Eagle"...just sayin'...) and so on. Every addition has a name, e.g. Bloodlines, Brotherhood, Lost Legacy.

So I highly doubt that it's only a trilogy (don't know why everybody mentions that..) With all that they revealed in Brotherhood one game wouldn't be enough to bring everything to a conclusion.

Advancing Desmond's story bit by bit in every game, we'll always have both in it. Animus and Desmond.

If you think that 72 days are too short for that, seriously. One session with one ancestor can maybe take 2 or 3 days. Imagine how many ancestor they can visit in 72 days. Okay, until now one game had about 2 weeks in 2012 time, but it's no big deal to change that in future installments.

Kraftmyself
11-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I agree with Bandicoot 100%, without the animus, desmond isn't much different from you or I, he wouldn't have been captured by the templars without the animus because he wouldn't have known anything otherwise, he wasn't an assassin BEFORE he was originally captured, he (for all we know) was just some guy with an unknown background.

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xangie1:
I guess that one day even Desmond's story will eventually end. But not in AC3.

And If I you listen carefully to what Ubisoft states in interviews you'll probably know, that there'll always be an animus and an ancestor.

Every Ancestor will be a nummered one. AC1=Altair, AC2=Ezio, AC3= *insert ancestor-eagle-name here* (Maybe Arden? XD XD...btw Arthur also means "Eagle"...just sayin'...) and so on. Every addition has a name, e.g. Bloodlines, Brotherhood, Lost Legacy.

So I highly doubt that it's only a trilogy (don't know why everybody mentions that..) With all that they revealed in Brotherhood one game wouldn't be enough to bring everything to a conclusion.

Advancing Desmond's story bit by bit in every game, we'll always have both in it. Animus and Desmond.

If you think that 72 days are too short for that, seriously. One session with one ancestor can maybe take 2 or 3 days. Imagine how many ancestor they can visit in 72 days. Okay, until now one game had about 2 weeks in 2012 time, but it's no big deal to change that in future installments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ubisoft said some time ago (I think during an interview about AC2) that they wanted to have 3 main games. Bloodlines and Brotherhood (etc) are just side games that give some extra plot details about the ancestors in the main games.

xangie1
11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haywood92:

Ubisoft said some time ago (I think during an interview about AC2) that they wanted to have 3 main games. Bloodlines and Brotherhood (etc) are just side games that give some extra plot details about the ancestors in the main games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But one of the producers also said:
"I mean, we could do 35 of these"

Maybe they will. Not 35 but 5 or 6? I really don't see it ending with just one main game remaining. Like I said there's too much to be told with just one game left.

And since Brotherhood will be the last thing we see about Ezio in a console-releas I doubt it even more that it ends with AC3.

But it would be nice if Ubisoft was a bit more clear on this subject than just mentioning that they could make tons of these.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 04:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kraftmyself:
I agree with Bandicoot 100%, without the animus, desmond isn't much different from you or I, he wouldn't have been captured by the templars without the animus because he wouldn't have known anything otherwise, he wasn't an assassin BEFORE he was originally captured, he (for all we know) was just some guy with an unknown background. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the animus is nothing without desmond.. since desmond is basically the "chosen one" only he can stop the event... so if you just had a animus, without desmond you would get no where

desmond is the main character of ac get it through your head

Dagio12
11-28-2010, 04:18 PM
im still having a hard time finding info on this "trilogy only" thing more recent then 2007. This to me.. is old and unreliable news at this point.

I also have a hard time believing that the main story of assassins creed is Desmond Miles. I understand he is like "the one" or whatever.. and that makes him the solution per se, but ive always thought the main story of assassins creed has always had to do with the assassins, the templars and the POEs.. etc. without this Desmond isnt really needed at all. anyways...

I do believe that the game will eventually make its way to Desmond becoming the ultimate assassin ( they have to have an ending eventually). however, there is still plenty to learn from the animus and plenty more twists these scriptwriters can come up with. I believe they will always incorporate the animus and ancestors as they are crucial elements to the story and to divulge information from the past. Its safe to say that there will also be Desmond playtime in any assassins creed game here forward as he is accomplishing his goals, but he still has much to learn ( that i am sure of). Having a 100% desmond game would be a very stupid business decision as well as totally unnecessary as it would:
a) end the series abruptly ( if he saves the world, the game is essentially over, even tho there is plenty to still discover and learn) and
b) need to alter the gameplay quite drastically in my opinion (whether its to make the game make sense in a large modern city in modern time, or making it a very repetitive one-after-the-other assassin tombs/lair style game that involves infiltrating temple, puzzle work, repeat..).. when they could easily spread his story out more indepth with 2 or 3 more games while not contaminating the gameplay and everything else that makes Assassins Creed what it is.

its fair to assume however, that when the time is right, and the end game is here, the last part of the game will be Desmond finishing his duty... but that doesnt mean that they cant intertwine the stories like they have been with the use of the animus while experiencing Desmond fulfill some of his objectives along the way. However, I dont see a really fun and immersive game coming out of a 100% desmond game, especially in terms of Assassins Creed.. and I def would not be purchasing it. just my opinion.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
im still having a hard time finding info on this "trilogy only" thing more recent then 2007. This to me.. is old and unreliable news at this point.

I also have a hard time believing that the main story of assassins creed is Desmond Miles. I understand he is like "the one" or whatever.. and that makes him the solution per se, but ive always thought the main story of assassins creed has always had to do with the assassins, the templars and the POEs.. etc. without this Desmond isnt really needed at all. anyways...

I do believe that the game will eventually make its way to Desmond becoming the ultimate assassin ( they have to have an ending eventually). however, there is still plenty to learn from the animus and plenty more twists these scriptwriters can come up with. I believe they will always incorporate the animus and ancestors as they are crucial elements to the story and to divulge information from the past. Its safe to say that there will also be Desmond playtime in any assassins creed game here forward as he is accomplishing his goals, but he still has much to learn ( that i am sure of). Having a 100% desmond game would be a very stupid business decision as well as totally unnecessary as it would:
a) end the series abruptly ( if he saves the world, the game is essentially over, even tho there is plenty to still discover and learn) and
b) need to alter the gameplay quite drastically in my opinion (whether its to make the game make sense in a large modern city in modern time, or making it a very repetitive one-after-the-other assassin tombs/lair style game that involves infiltrating temple, puzzle work, repeat..).. when they could easily spread his story out more indepth with 2 or 3 more games while not contaminating the gameplay and everything else that makes Assassins Creed what it is.

its fair to assume however, that when the time is right, and the end game is here, the last part of the game will be Desmond finishing his duty... but that doesnt mean that they cant intertwine the stories like they have been with the use of the animus while experiencing Desmond fulfill some of his objectives along the way. However, I dont see a really fun and immersive game coming out of a 100% desmond game, especially in terms of Assassins Creed.. and I def would not be purchasing it. just my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the game is about demsond... ubisoft has said its all about desmond

and minerva has said "its all up to you, Desmond"

yeah so its all about desmond.. since from what minerva and juno said hes the only one that can stop it..

Dagio12
11-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I agree with Bandicoot 100%, without the animus, desmond isn't much different from you or I, he wouldn't have been captured by the templars without the animus because he wouldn't have known anything otherwise, he wasn't an assassin BEFORE he was originally captured, he (for all we know) was just some guy with an unknown background. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the animus is nothing without desmond.. since desmond is basically the "chosen one" only he can stop the event... so if you just had a animus, without desmond you would get no where

desmond is the main character of ac get it through your head </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah yes, but you could potentially still get some information from the animus if you used someone else that had ties to the assassins guild.. but without the animus, youve got no way to replay events and discover the secrets of the past. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Radman500
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">soft has said its all about desmond

yeah so its all about desmond.. since from what minerva and juno said hes the only one that can stop it..

Posts: 217 | Registered: Thu April 22 2010 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assassins Creed has always been the story of Desmond Miles... the developers have said it many times... he is the "chosen one" per say and is the only one that can stop the doomsday,

even if you dont want to believe it, you cannot deny he is the main protagonist....

Radman500
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM

desmond is the main character of ac get it through your head </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah yes, but you could potentially still get some information from the animus if you used someone else that had ties to the assassins guild.. but without the animus, youve got no way to replay events and discover the secrets of the past. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how will that help desmond saving the world though

Dagio12
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM

its fair to assume however, that when the time is right, and the end game is here, the last part of the game will be Desmond finishing his duty... but that doesnt mean that they cant intertwine the stories like they have been with the use of the animus while experiencing Desmond fulfill some of his objectives along the way. However, I dont see a really fun and immersive game coming out of a 100% desmond game, especially in terms of Assassins Creed.. and I def would not be purchasing it. just my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the game is about demsond... ubisoft has said its all about desmond

yeah so its all about desmond.. since from what minerva and juno said hes the only one that can stop it.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never once have i said that it isnt about Desmond saving the day or isnt the only one that can stop it. he obviously is at this point, but in no way shape or form does that mean he needs an entire game to himself. it hasnt been that way in any other game thus far, just like AC, AC2, and AC brotherhood arent 100% just Ezio, or Altair.. the games have always had multiple plots, subplots, and narrative points of view.

Dagio12
11-28-2010, 04:32 PM

ah yes, but you could potentially still get some information from the animus if you used someone else that had ties to the assassins guild.. but without the animus, youve got no way to replay events and discover the secrets of the past. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how will that help desmond saving the world though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that wasnt really my point. i was simply stating how equally important each element is. without desmond, the animus is still a handy tool, just no one to do anything about it and without the animus, desmond wouldnt be able to discover the truth and eventually "save the world"

rb2610
11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I think you're completely missing the point here Radman500, whether or not Desmond is the main character and focus of the plot, this is a game not a film or book, so the gameplay is an important aspect of it.

Without decent gameplay that we want to play they might as well just make the last game a film.

The point most of us are trying to make is that the gameplay of a Desmond only game would lack everything that makes the series what it is.

Setting it entirely in 2012 would just result in some dodgy combination of a bunch of other games rather than the original Assassin's Creed gameplay.

This is why we don't want a Desmond only game, not because his role in the story isn't important, it obviously is, but because it would lack Assassin's Creed gameplay (and story) without the animus and historical elements.

Dagio12
11-28-2010, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rb2610:
I think you're completely missing the point here Radman500, whether or not Desmond is the main character and focus of the plot, this is a game not a film or book, so the gameplay is an important aspect of it.

Without decent gameplay that we want to play they might as well just make the last game a film.

The point most of us are trying to make is that the gameplay of a Desmond only game would lack everything that makes the series what it is.

Setting it entirely in 2012 would just result in some dodgy combination of a bunch of other games rather than the original Assassin's Creed gameplay.

This is why we don't want a Desmond only game, not because his role in the story isn't important, it obviously is, but because it would lack Assassin's Creed gameplay (and story) without the animus and historical elements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^ this is also very well said.. simple, short, to the point.

and its also not like we dont want a little desmond play time so we can see him in action and accomplish things, but a full game of him just wouldnt work to well or be very original.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rb2610:

This is why we don't want a Desmond only game, not because his role in the story isn't important, it obviously is, but because it would lack Assassin's Creed gameplay (and story) without the animus and historical elements. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i understand that... but assassins has always been first and foremost a story-based game... it might not have the best gameplay, but its story is top notch...

i dont know if a 100% desmond game will be good or bad... but i just dont want the usual "desmond in the animus"... i actully want him to fight and actully perform his goals... activate the temples, find eve, stop the satelite etc. etc.

OGCFB
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok so I think that the main story evolves around the assassins in general although currently at this time the story is focused on Desmond and there for they need to conclude his story otherwise I will get sick of cliffhanger after cliffhanger each game a trilogy with a few side games is enough even if they make side games after AC3 but I do not want 10 main AC games just to get to the bottom of Desmonds story with that said I also do not want them to squeeze it in last minute onto AC3...

rb2610
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
i understand that... but assassins has always been first and foremost a story-based game... it might not have the best gameplay, but its story is top notch...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I refer you again to this then: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rb2610:
"Without decent gameplay that we want to play they might as well just make the last game a film." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Radman500
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
i dont want the usual "desmond in the animus" i want him to actully start his missions (the temples, find eve) etc..

rb2610
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Presumably these temples are in places of historical importance to the Assassins and Templars.
So with the way things are going with the bleeding effect, could he not go about his mission trying to locate the temples and then experience frequent flashbacks into animus style gameplay.

That way he is showing definite progress in his own objectives rather than lying in an animus constantly, but we still get a historical element and traditional Assassin's Creed gameplay.

Although I'm not sure how the HUD would work as Ubi have said how they carefully made sure the HUD was only present when inside an animus.

OGCFB
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
There would not be a HUD you either alive or dead and the d-pad buttons could be used for switching weapons but without a HUD

MXiMike
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
What if we HAVE been going to the temples. Temple of Minerva and the Temple of Juno down and accounted for. Notice Minerva "drew energy" from it in AC2, Juno had it there for hundreds of years to do the same. Maybe they were giving something to the apple though? And this apple needs to go to each temple of these *Gods* until we get to the last where something big will happen. How many more are there though? There's 12 main Roman gods which Minerva and Juno's name comes from.. so maybe 12?

Dagio12
11-28-2010, 06:44 PM
@OACFB i dont think it would take them 10 games to conclude Desmonds story. The team is very competent at writing these stories and I am sure they will give us an awesome conclusion within a couple games without making it stretch out to much. They have been able to blend all this quite well so far and to keep true to Assassins Creed gameplay, i am sure they will continue to create this games with Desmond and Animus or animus style ( flashbacks) gameplay.

@radman.. again, there is no reason why they cant give us Desmond gameplay of him doing his missions, while also giving us the AC gameplay ( either by use of animus, flashbacks, or both) that they game is known for.

I dont understand why it has to be all or nothing. its my believe that the Assassins Creed franchise will continue to use historic times, locations and ancestor assassin gameplay as a major point of the game... but also giving us more and more Desmond time to see how his story is executed and ended. Making a full game on Desmond would obviously bring the AC story to an end as he saves the world ( unless they threw a huge twist like the world being saved but not really), which would end the series.. but i dont think Ubisoft is quite ready to put the series to rest..

I really dont even know why we are still arguing about this topic. its not like a lot of us are arguing that Desmond isnt important or that we dont want to see Desmond fulfill his duties.. i think a lot of us just dont think it needs to be one all about Desmond game ( that wont even feel like Assassins Creed) just to end it here and now.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
@OACFB i dont think it would take them 10 games to conclude Desmonds story. The team is very competent at writing these stories and I am sure they will give us an awesome conclusion within a couple games without making it stretch out to much. They have been able to blend all this quite well so far and to keep true to Assassins Creed gameplay, i am sure they will continue to create this games with Desmond and Animus or animus style ( flashbacks) gameplay.

@radman.. again, there is no reason why they cant give us Desmond gameplay of him doing his missions, while also giving us the AC gameplay ( either by use of animus, flashbacks, or both) that they game is known for.

I dont understand why it has to be all or nothing. its my believe that the Assassins Creed franchise will continue to use historic times, locations and ancestor assassin gameplay as a major point of the game... but also giving us more and more Desmond time to see how his story is executed and ended. Making a full game on Desmond would obviously bring the AC story to an end as he saves the world ( unless they threw a huge twist like the world being saved but not really), which would end the series.. but i dont think Ubisoft is quite ready to put the series to rest..

I really dont even know why we are still arguing about this topic. its not like a lot of us are arguing that Desmond isnt important or that we dont want to see Desmond fulfill his duties.. i think a lot of us just dont think it needs to be one all about Desmond game ( that wont even feel like Assassins Creed) just to end it here and now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats fine with me... i guess they could do 50-50... but i just want to see desmond away from the animus a little in ac3.. actully doing stuff you know

Rodriquezz
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
The new game should be more with Desmond, the time we spend with Desmond in AC:B are pure fan service, nothing more.

But i think they won't go for that because the whole game mechanics wouldn't work really well in modern times, because fighting with blades and primitive firearms in historical times is way more interesting, than producing yet another modern fighting game.

Also the Assassins are a very small group in the modern time compared to the templars, that's why the have to hide all the time. Building this scenario would require a great revamp of the whole game. Creating a historical story which takes place in the Virtual Arena called Animus is much safer for the developers and also what made the series unique and popular.

So my conclusion is, more time with Desmond in every new game, but the Animus as central object of importance.

They could also release a pure multiplayer addon or game, because the current multiplayer is nothing more than an experiment which is surprisingly very fun to play.

piercedthrough
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
If they include weapons like guns pistols sniper rifles etc I will definitely NOT be buying the game. I don't see how they can make Desmond the main character without doing that though. If this turns into another first or third person shooter the series will be ruined

HeeroHammer
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Honestly, one of the most important things about the Assassins Creed series is the Animus and what it adds to gameplay. Conventions like dying, continuing, skipping ahead in time and fast traveling to destinations can all be explained within the context of the gameworld and story.

If you remove the Animus you remove a tremendous amount of immersion.

That's not to say I didn't mind the sections outside the animus with Desmond, I loved them, especially the end of Brotherhood, but the Animus plays too important a role in gameplay to just completely remove it from the equation.

ExprtAssassin
11-28-2010, 07:40 PM

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles

Unknown background my ***. And pretty much the first sentence proves that he is the main guy.

Radman500
11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by piercedthrough:
If they include weapons like guns pistols sniper rifles etc I will definitely NOT be buying the game. I don't see how they can make Desmond the main character without doing that though. If this turns into another first or third person shooter the series will be ruined </div></BLOCKQUOTE>then how do you suggest we advance desmond's story without the use of an animus?

Radman500
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by piercedthrough:
If they include weapons like guns pistols sniper rifles etc I will definitely NOT be buying the game. I don't see how they can make Desmond the main character without doing that though. If this turns into another first or third person shooter the series will be ruined </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how they make desmond the main character???

dude he is the main character of assassins creed

have you been following the story lol

mx.brmn
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

What does this whole thing mean? Did I go get a snack at the wrong time and miss something important? Cuz I don't quite follow. What's the sixth? And who is she?

Radman500
11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mx.brmn:
It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

What does this whole thing mean? Did I go get a snack at the wrong time and miss something important? Cuz I don't quite follow. What's the sixth? And who is she? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sixth... the sixth sense the ancients had.... KNOWLEDGE.. the ancients hid it from humans....

she as in either eve or a descendant of eve.

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Some of you people are only thinking about the open conflict concept of the game. If it was modern times, we'd still have the art of social stealth and free running. I never liked the fact that Assassin's Creed strayed from their "strike from the crowd" part of the game anyway. :P

sFX_usa
11-29-2010, 07:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haywood92:
Some of you people are only thinking about the open conflict concept of the game. If it was modern times, we'd still have the art of social stealth and free running. I never liked the fact that Assassin's Creed strayed from their "strike from the crowd" part of the game anyway. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
the combat of assassin's creed was what first atracted me to the game. games with with such a great CQ combat with such detailed animation are rare. when you weigh removing that vs. removing desmond, I'd vote removing Desmond without any second thought.
I mean, if in AC3 Desmond finds the girl and she will enter the Animus instead of him, it will still be the same old AC (except maybe for all these female protagonist haters). but if you take out the combat, the game will change into something else entirely.

OGCFB
11-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Ok why would there be guns anyway ABSTERGO WANT DESMOND ALIVE FOR HIS DNA... so they may just use the usual rods to hit Desmond with there for restoring the melee gameplay...

sFX_usa
11-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Ok, let's say Abstergo does want Desmond alive.
What's stopping Desmond from walking in with an m4 and spraying every last rod wielding bad guy? good sportsmanship?
I'm sorry but there is no way to make a game set in the present with no guns seem plausilble.

XJoker3697D
11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sFX_usa:
What's stopping Desmond from walking in with an m4 and spraying every last rod wielding bad guy? good sportsmanship?
I'm sorry but there is no way to make a game set in the present with no guns seem plausilble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Assassin's Creed isn't meant to be with guns... And I don't see what could stop Desmond. And AC does have guns.. the wrist gun/Muskets

F4H bandicoot
11-29-2010, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sFX_usa:
I'm sorry but there is no way to make a game set in the present with no guns seem plausilble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Someone has some sense.
Rebecca: Right you can go in with your hidden blade or your aks-74u
Desmond: Oh yeah!! Hidden blade baby
That just wouldnt happen, templars want him alive, desmond wants dead templars.
A gun cold easily be implemented as a pistol, set ammo for each mission, no ammo located around the place etc, he keeps his blade, but has a pistol (but with limited ammo this would become a specialised 'tool' used only occasionly when he cant get anywhere near the 'guards' or when fate calls upon it.
This is where the animus comes in, it allows us to do all combat, with none of the cod issues

joaomuas
01-15-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't know why you continue the arguement about guns in every single topic! I mean, are you blind?! You already have throwing knives, the pistol and a crossbow; if you upgrade them to maximum, it's a total of 50 ammo! What if Ubisoft made a full game with Desmond, having him using a 50 ammo silenced gun?! It would be very cool! Ubisoft just keeps introducing long range weapons from game to game; throwing knives, then pistol, then crossbow and even throwing axes and spears! It's just like guns after all! The pistol is actually a gun! Guards already have rifles and sidearms! Long range has been introduced since the beggining, only in a way you just can't notice. They're just preparing you to the moment when Desmond uses guns, and you can do nothing. It isn't bad after all. Don't you like Uncharted? Splinter Cell? Hitman? All these games have at least a bit of stealth included in the gameplay and aren't they awesome? And also, in the future, you'll have lots of cinematic memorable moments. Like in Uncharted! Explosions, chases, falls, escapes, everything. Is this possible in past centuries? Believe me, I'm a huge fan of the historical settings, probably more than most of you, since I really love History and I've always had something to do with it through all my life. When I knew there would be historical settings in AC, I didn't hesitate. I just fell deep into the story and I feel that Desmond's 2012 chapter is needed. Even if it is with pain that I say this. And believe me, when the time comes, you won't regret it. And if you think again, Ubisoft has also been preparing us for those Uncharted-like memorable moments. Tank... bomber... machine gun... cannons... Admit it: everything in AC's gameplay has been done also thinking about its adaption to 2012. I know this moments are even more memorable if they rarely happen, but in the present they will have so much quality that you won't even remember it. Believe it or not, it'll be a great game. inFAMOUS, Uncharted, Splinter Cell, Hitman, everything within one only game. And don't forget the storyside. Subject 16, Erudito, Daniel Cross, The Mentor, Abstergo, Lucy, Gods, Eve, Global Disaster, and the list goes on and on. Conspiracies, betrayals, vengeances and assassinating in the past makes for the best stories you have ever seen, but if you think twice, everything is related to Desmond, and it's his story that has the bigger twists and turns. NOW SHUT UP AND FACE THE TRUTH: THIS GAME WILL BE AWESOME!

villy23
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
i reckon a game wit only desmond would be good but it just wouldn't work because as far as we know, desmond still doesn't know where eve is so yeah we could go to the temples and help save earth but Juno placed a lot of stress on finding eve so i think that in AC3, In the French Revolution, desmonds ancestor will come across some info that leads to eve, perhaps their ancestors were in France at the same time idk

Ass4ssin8me
01-16-2011, 05:03 AM

However, I agree, I also wan't 1 more game before 3.

Ezio, was my favourite charcter in any game, however I wanted New setting, new time new assassin. And Ezio just wasn't Ezio in ACB. Other than Christiana missions, it seemed his very heart and soul, was ripped out, ( a bit Over dramatic I know ) and he was left with little to no emotion.

He didn't even seem to mourn for Mario, much. And since, we feel what our characters feel I didn't either, though I thought Mario was epic. Other than Desmonds missions ACB, wasn't that great. Also the fact I never use Assassins, beats the point of it being "brotherhood". They weren't needed.

Hence the reason I want one more game. For a new Animus 3.0. New graphics engine ( better, not worse again ) New time. New Assassin. THEN let Desmond loose.

notafanboy
01-16-2011, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

However, I agree, I also wan't 1 more game before 3.

Ezio, was my favourite charcter in any game, however I wanted New setting, new time new assassin. And Ezio just wasn't Ezio in ACB. Other than Christiana missions, it seemed his very heart and soul, was ripped out, ( a bit Over dramatic I know ) and he was left with little to no emotion.

He didn't even seem to mourn for Mario, much. And since, we feel what our characters feel I didn't either, though I thought Mario was epic. Other than Desmonds missions ACB, wasn't that great. Also the fact I never use Assassins, beats the point of it being "brotherhood". They weren't needed.

Hence the reason I want one more game. For a new Animus 3.0. New graphics engine ( better, not worse again ) New time. New Assassin. THEN let Desmond loose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>this !. it would be a big mistake to have desmond as the main character in ac3

TheSpectator
01-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Just for the record AC 3 should not be all desmond.

rileypoole1234
01-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Okay AC3 will NOT be all Desmond. There will NEVER be an all Desmond game.

MrRoboto578
01-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Radman is just a ******. An all Desmond game? Impossible. They have to know where the temples are, how to get in, who put the POEs in the temples, and stuff like that. He obviously just played the game, skipped through the cinematics, didn't listen to dialogue, didn't play through all the side missions, didn't take the settings into account, he noticed not the people involved, or what they did in the game (or even in real life). He's a whiner and only wants what he wants.

Hey Radman, if you want a game like that SO freaking bad, make it yourself, we all are tired of hearing about your bad days and how things aren't going according to what your want your destiny to be... sound like freaking Cesare...

DeSabellis
01-18-2011, 05:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SargeAssassin:
Radman is just a ******. An all Desmond game? Impossible. They have to know where the temples are, how to get in, who put the POEs in the temples, and stuff like that. He obviously just played the game, skipped through the cinematics, didn't listen to dialogue, didn't play through all the side missions, didn't take the settings into account, he noticed not the people involved, or what they did in the game (or even in real life). He's a whiner and only wants what he wants.

Hey Radman, if you want a game like that SO freaking bad, make it yourself, we all are tired of hearing about your bad days and how things aren't going according to what your want your destiny to be... sound like freaking Cesare... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that nice. It's a forum, what do you expect? People are discussing things on a discussion board!? My lord whats next!

What's wrong with a future idea? If anything gets annoying, it's the notion that professional developers could not make a future setting work. Of course they could. It still would be fresh and unique; can't think of any video game that would have Assassins vs. Templars.

Seriously, at least the future idea is fresh. I get sick of hearing about all this Desmond's son, "please make AC3 in Japan with ninjas", because none of those ideas are completely cliche or overused.

That aside, no one expects it to be all future. I have to admit however that I am sick of a 20 hour 'in the past' plot line that answers a lot of questions, that is only supplemented with 30 minutes of present gameplay that leaves us with more questions. That got old during AC1.

Inorganic9_2
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok, if the Templars want Desmond alive for his DNA, what's to stop then tranquilising him or tazing him? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just for the record AC 3 should not be all desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Seriously, at least the future idea is fresh. I get sick of hearing about all this Desmond's son, "please make AC3 in Japan with ninjas", because none of those ideas are completely cliche or overused. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^these

paulhibernian
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree to an extent. I think it should be AC 3 should have MORE DESMOND gameplay in the game not ALL DESMOND thats just stupid considering it is assassins creed not desmond creed. I am part of team desmond rather than team assassins but without assassinations in the game it would be nothing and it is without a doubt the major plot and gameplay and makes the game brillant. However I would like more of the Desmond part of the game, which is my favourite parts and I wish there would be more of his story and gameplay in future games in the series

Crazy_Vantage
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
First half of the game spent in the animus with a new character finding the information, second half spent tracking down the temples etc? We definitely need at least 30% of the game being Desmond as we've had little-to-no story progression through these three games. I don't think it'll be all Desmond, but I hope a decent chunk will be (and maybe even the ability to free roam as Desmond after you've finished the game!)

TheFall2011
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
ya i dont think desmond should go back in the animus because you know not like lucy is injured or even dead or the world is in danger or anything no oh right that is happening

maaikie101
07-11-2011, 05:24 AM
but what should Desmond do all the game long? doing nothing? how will he find the apple than? not right? Ezio is just a help to find the apple. thats what there doing. so if Desmond wouldn't go in to the animus they couldn't find the apple.

CRUDFACE
07-11-2011, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maaikie101:
but what should Desmond do all the game long? doing nothing? how will he find the apple than? not right? Ezio is just a help to find the apple. thats what there doing. so if Desmond wouldn't go in to the animus they couldn't find the apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1-You can spread out the parts among the game play. Like instead of just one half for ancestors, they can set it in parts.

2-he probably won't need the animus, the bleeding effect can take care of that

3-get the apple? Did you play brotherhood?

4-he can show the modern aspect of the game, yah know, where stuff is going to happen in real time.

albertwesker22
07-11-2011, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeSabellis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SargeAssassin:

Hey Radman, if you want a game like that SO freaking bad, make it yourself, we all are tired of hearing about your bad days and how things aren't going according to what your want your destiny to be... sound like freaking Cesare... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that nice. It's a forum, what do you expect? People are discussing things on a discussion board!? My lord whats next!

What's wrong with a future idea? If anything gets annoying, it's the notion that professional developers could not make a future setting work. Of course they could. It still would be fresh and unique; can't think of any video game that would have Assassins vs. Templars.

Seriously, at least the future idea is fresh. I get sick of hearing about all this Desmond's son, "please make AC3 in Japan with ninjas", because none of those ideas are completely cliche or overused.

That aside, no one expects it to be all future. I have to admit however that I am sick of a 20 hour 'in the past' plot line that answers a lot of questions, that is only supplemented with 30 minutes of present gameplay that leaves us with more questions. That got old during AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If even 30% of AC 3 takes place in the present, then Ubisoft can stick the game up their a$$.

dxsxhxcx
07-11-2011, 07:47 AM
while I would enjoy play a game only (or at least most part of it happening) in the present I don't think they have content to make a game only about Desmond without end up being a short game with a bunch of cutscenes, run to point A to B to trigger more cutscenes, Desmond can be the main character in the game but his part on it is just a conclusion to what we discovered playing the memories of his ancestors...

How can they make a game in the present work?!

Creating some targets for Desmond kill to obtain a Piece of Eden or information about one? After some time this would be even more repetitive than AC1 was, unfortunately, I can't think in no other reason for us to play as Desmond other than to speak with TWCB and find POEs and I don't think this is enough content to create a GOOD game only about him in the present...