PDA

View Full Version : should have gotten console version

Kratier
03-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I think the majority of connection issues are due to a lack of users overall, like most PC ports of console games, less people buy it for PC, when its been available for consoles for so long.

If anyone is thinking of buying this game, i suggest you check out the console versions, on ebay you can get it for 1/3rd the PC version's price. Plus you will actually find people online on the console versions. As a recent owner, this is my opinion.

Kratier
03-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I think the majority of connection issues are due to a lack of users overall, like most PC ports of console games, less people buy it for PC, when its been available for consoles for so long.

If anyone is thinking of buying this game, i suggest you check out the console versions, on ebay you can get it for 1/3rd the PC version's price. Plus you will actually find people online on the console versions. As a recent owner, this is my opinion.

ace3001
03-27-2011, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kratier:

If anyone is thinking of buying this game, i suggest you check out the console versions, on ebay you can get it for 1/3rd the PC version's price. Plus you will actually find people online on the console versions. As a recent owner, this is my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, I'd think that any AC fan who owns either console would anyway go for the console version. Only those who game on good gaming PCs will wait, as it would be a waste to buy a console just for AC.
Did you have a console and still wait for the PC version?

Kratier
03-27-2011, 09:23 AM
yes i own a ps3 and waited for PC edition
really sad its like this, i learned my lesson though

Acherrum
03-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I think it's pretty much bs what you described in the first post.
I get games within minutes, PC version is pretty popular - the leaderboards already show a couple of hundred thousand players.
I dunno, but I remember reading the xbox version has less than 300k players and the ps3 has almost 500k... So at the moment, the leaderboards suggest that the PC is the 2nd most populair platform to play this game on...

It sucks that we're having all these multiplayer issues that make you think there's no one playing the game. But if you read back on the internet, the consoles versions had these same problems when they were released in november.

So don't give up, just hang in there, all be fine in a couple of days, when the patch is released.

VeryFluffy
03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
It's definitely not lack of users, at least not as of now. Now I as fixed my connection problems, I'm able to join games literally within seconds. At the very most I might have to wait 1-3 minutes, and that's only with less popular modes (which is no different on consoles).

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-27-2011, 11:27 AM
when they decided to release the game to pc months after console,they also decided to lose every online player who doesnt want to be a second class player in an online game.

would i jump in at the start and play on equal terms ?..yes
would i jump in after months of practice means i stand little chance of having any fun ?..nope.

what you will have now is a steady stream of new players who get bored very fast and dont stick around,and a diminishing long time player who gets bored because their player base is dwindling.

staggered release curse of the online game i am afraid.

XxDarkLord65xX
03-27-2011, 02:21 PM
it still didnt even release on my country and its still new game released which not even released on whole world yet , i am still waiting (4 days left ) :P lol !

Crumplecorn
03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I find getting games is only a bit slower on PC than it is on PS3, and is considerably more reliable than getting games on the PS3 was back in December.

But yes, if you own a console, then get the console version of a console game. I mean, duh. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

ace3001
03-27-2011, 10:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:

But yes, if you own a console, then get the console version of a console game. I mean, duh. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This.
@OP: For what reason did you wait for the PC version? Sure, PC version looks better, but the gameplay is the same. Having to play with lower quality graphics is simply worth the several months' advantage. I would've definitely gotten the PS3 version if I were you, especially to avoid spoilers.

Acherrum
03-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Gameplay is not exactly the same, mouse+keyboard is a whole different world than controller... And some people, like me, prefer mouse+keyboard over controllers. I always have had a problem with those analog sticks...

ace3001
03-28-2011, 03:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faidh:
Gameplay is not exactly the same, mouse+keyboard is a whole different world than controller... And some people, like me, prefer mouse+keyboard over controllers. I always have had a problem with those analog sticks... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I too tend to prefer that, actually. But come on, it's not unplayable on console, is it? After all, it was designed firstly to be played on consoles. Anyway, the getting-the-game-much-earlier fact can trump most reasons.

Acherrum
03-28-2011, 04:14 AM
I never said it was unplayable on console, did I?
But having played a lot of FPS on the xbox back in the day, I can't say I'd feel save running around rooftops with an analog stick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Of course, the idea itself is great, not being limited to 4 buttons/8 directions I mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But I'd need a hell of a lot of practice to actually be able to play as fluently as I can with a mouse and keyboard :P