PDA

View Full Version : How long will the game be?

Muffmoney
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew, or had any idea how long the game will be. I would love it to be around 40 hours or so, but games these days are lucky if they make it to 12. I hope this isn't one of those games that turn out to be really short and doesn't have much of a replay value because of this.

Muffmoney
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew, or had any idea how long the game will be. I would love it to be around 40 hours or so, but games these days are lucky if they make it to 12. I hope this isn't one of those games that turn out to be really short and doesn't have much of a replay value because of this.

Hassan-Sabbah
10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
According to recent interviews, the beta testers got through it....straight missions, no side quests, no messing around, in a little under 20 hours.

KlNDRED
10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
with side quests and all that stuff
a little more than 40h.
Thats not counting the countless hours of fun you can have by just running away from guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MeAltairLol
10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Uhmm, around 18 hours... It'd take around 30 hours just messing about with every city so... yeah...

eWaster
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
It'd take around 30 hours just messing about with every city so... yeah... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say 80, maybe 100... and for those who actual loves this game. A few more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Azerackia
10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Jade said to do the bare minimum in this game, it will be 16-18 hours. To do everything, it'll take over 40. That of course doesn't include just running around doing nothing related to the story.

Thebrownfish
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
with side quests and all that stuff
a little more than 40h.
Thats not counting the countless hours of fun you can have by just running away from guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i can see myself being amused for hours happy slapping guards and running away lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

AP0LL0316
10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
id say quite a while if your hunting for a 1k complete gamerscore like i am going to be... this games too epic and beast to settle for anything less then all achievments.

MeAltairLol
10-18-2007, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuMbAzZ-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
It'd take around 30 hours just messing about with every city so... yeah... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say 80, maybe 100... and for those who actual loves this game. A few more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant 30 hours for every city!

30x3=90! So we're on the same track! *E-HighFive*

eliteassassin69
10-18-2007, 06:53 PM
you forgot the knigdom in between!!!!! + 10 hrs (stealing horses n exploring) 90x3=90 +10)= 100

MeAltairLol
10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eliteassassin69:
you forgot the knigdom in between!!!!! + 10 hrs (stealing horses n exploring) 90x3=90 +10)= 100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel ashamed. Now I will not buy AC. Instead, I will sit in a dark corner and watch YouTube videos of people playing.

KlNDRED
10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eliteassassin69:
you forgot the knigdom in between!!!!! + 10 hrs (stealing horses n exploring) 90x3=90 +10)= 100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STEALING HORSES!!!!
You gotta be joking! That is the sickest thing ever! lol So much fun can be had with this.
You know I thought my life would reduce to 5% with this games release, with this nugget of info, it just shrunk to 3%. lol

Greenman2000
10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
they had game teasters jade said in one vid and she said 40 hours no side missions 80 side missions

T_Spoon_UK
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
About this long -

* Stretches arms *

drunkrepublican
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh hell yes. I've been waiting for a long single-player game. Most stealth games are pretty short.

T_Spoon_UK
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greenman2000:
they had game teasters jade said in one vid and she said 40 hours no side missions 80 side missions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got that wrong..

It was around 18 hours without doing any of the sidequests, played by someone who knew what they were doing.

and around 30 if you do everything for the main story, not including Flags, Killing Templars etc etc

all_alone_
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
its as long as you make it bud http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

fGuppy88
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greenman2000:
they had game teasters jade said in one vid and she said 40 hours no side missions 80 side missions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got that wrong..

It was around 18 hours without doing any of the sidequests, played by someone who knew what they were doing.

and around 30 if you do everything for the main story, not including Flags, Killing Templars etc etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 hours is somewhat long. That would take an average joe about a week or two and a more serious gamer 2 to 3 days if he just wanted to win.

Kaxen6
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
The current record among the game testers for finishing the game is 8 hours, with bare minimum work to finish the game.

Otherwise, it could be as long as you want it to be. Especially with the side quests.

How long could finding 420 flags take?

mefninja
10-21-2007, 11:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
The current record among the game testers for finishing the game is 8 hours, with bare minimum work to finish the game.

Otherwise, it could be as long as you want it to be. Especially with the side quests.

How long could finding 420 flags take? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea 8hour for the game tester.. and they said he mapped out where everything was on paper with the shortest route to everywhere.. (hardcore!!!)

Subba_
10-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm going to spend so many hours exploring/sidequesting/screwing around in this game... can't even imaging how long it'll take me to beat it. @_@

Oshikai
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Does anyone knows what happens when you finish the last mission?
Do you think you can carry on playing?

ScytheOfGrim
10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
There was one guy that we stuck the fat "LIAR" stamp onto who said that the game ends like PoP after you finish the last mission. He said for "specific reasons" to do with the story.

Now I say that that is a LIE. NOT true.
Bad idea from Ubi to kill off the players from playing their game some more... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Plus you have so many collectables which just adds to the reasons to keep this game alive after the last mission.

But still, you never know... you sadly never know... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Kaxen6
10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oshikai:
Does anyone knows what happens when you finish the last mission?
Do you think you can carry on playing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can play after your beat the game, asked Patrice at the Secret Assembly.

Oshikai
10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Thankyou so much. I have been really bothered about this. I would buy it non the less but games with an open ending are the best for me. Grim good point about the collectables, I am sure there are achievments to get them all so I guess it would be kind of stupid to have to start a new game to get them all.

DeadCorpseAC
10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AP0LL0316:
id say quite a while if your hunting for a 1k complete gamerscore like i am going to be... this games too epic and beast to settle for anything less then all achievments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
².http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif