PDA

View Full Version : Question about mute

DeanOMiite
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Is there a way to tell you've been muted?

DeanOMiite
01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Is there a way to tell you've been muted?

luth411
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
It lasts for 1.5 seconds. The only indication is that your abilities with have a circle with a cross over the icon. Like a no smoking sign for your abilities. The graphic and sound also indicate that you've been muted.

papartusedmcrsk
01-06-2011, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
It lasts for 1.5 seconds. The only indication is that your abilities with have a circle with a cross over the icon. Like a no smoking sign for your abilities. The graphic and sound also indicate that you've been muted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That.... and you usually get punched in the face.

DeanOMiite
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Weird. I only ask because I was positive I had just gotten muted because I was mercilessly bashing the B button trying to stun my pursuer, but I didn't see or hear anything indicating that I had been...so maybe it was just lag or I f*cked up or something.

Rainie
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
It lasts for 1.5 seconds. The only indication is that your abilities with have a circle with a cross over the icon. Like a no smoking sign for your abilities. The graphic and sound also indicate that you've been muted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That.... and you usually get punched in the face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

I've also noticed when I've been muted (http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif) I can see the grid when it pops out when my target activates it

luth411
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
Weird. I only ask because I was positive I had just gotten muted because I was mercilessly bashing the B button trying to stun my pursuer, but I didn't see or hear anything indicating that I had been...so maybe it was just lag or I f*cked up or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What game mode was this? When I play manhunt and a team mate loses a contract, I can't stun them but they can kill me. I thought this was ubisoft's alleged fix for stun locking, but it seems like people can still do it. The only thing that was changed is that stun doesn't always work now. 2 steps backwards 1 step forward.

In fact, I can now stun lock a player on my own where before I could not. Stun then smoke when they get up and stun again. I think they fixed it in the wrong direction!

Phyxsius-
01-06-2011, 01:09 PM
@OP

You will hear the sound and you will get a message saying "Your abilities have been disabled".

@Mpagano

I think it is still lag. Experienced today 2 different cases:

1.Stun chain really good like the old days : "cross stunning"
2.No stun icon - teamie stunned target... I proceed to stand on top of him... he has no Resistance.. he stands up... 1 second still no Stun Icon.. when I get it.. I get Counter-Killed. Which is inconsistent with point 1.