PDA

View Full Version : Research about assassins creed

martgros
06-28-2009, 08:19 PM
My big question is in what organization was assassins creed based on. I've heard this interview ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGYJr6MQtJc) with jade raymond, where you can clearly see that it was based on something, but i can't find anything on search engines like google, so i tryed to contact jade raymond unsuccesfuly, then i remeber to come to this forum.

Can anyone tell me where i can find information, and study this organization. How it worked etc, with more detailed information, or tell me a way to contact Jade Raymond or any other producer that may provide me that information or at least where to look.

Thank you by any help you may provide.

(sorry by any gramar errors, i'm portuguese)

martgros
06-28-2009, 08:19 PM
My big question is in what organization was assassins creed based on. I've heard this interview ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGYJr6MQtJc) with jade raymond, where you can clearly see that it was based on something, but i can't find anything on search engines like google, so i tryed to contact jade raymond unsuccesfuly, then i remeber to come to this forum.

Can anyone tell me where i can find information, and study this organization. How it worked etc, with more detailed information, or tell me a way to contact Jade Raymond or any other producer that may provide me that information or at least where to look.

Thank you by any help you may provide.

(sorry by any gramar errors, i'm portuguese)

RipYourSpineOut
06-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Organization? You mean what real life organization the assassins in AC1 were based on? I believe the assassins in AC1 were based on the Hashshashin.

Outlaw-BHA
06-28-2009, 08:33 PM
haha u didnt try wikipedia.org ?? if u go there and just type in assassins into the serch engin u'll find the hashashin and pretty much anything u could hope to know about there public history

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Theirs several, Te fake one is Abstergo industries (A "Drug company" mostly working on Anti-Depressence) But in fact they are modern Templars, Looking For the Artifacts from "Those who came before" As Vidic says

The Hashishin Translated as The Assassassins, or the Hashish users, ht eold men from the mountain, These were the real people of the story, maybe not thr characters but what they did was real, they Assassinated for political, reasons, and attempted to bring peace to the holy land.

Knights Templar were orignally created to Protect the holy land, but it was actually cover, up, they had all sorts of treasure, supposedley they had Jesus' documents from his marriage, to the cross he was crussified on and (depepending on your beliefs) the information on how he really died. and along with the location the holy grail, (which is one of the artifacts Abstergo are looking for) and they also protect the blood decendants of Jesus himself, this is all speculation, and no one knows for sure if its real, if you are catholic/Christian, I doubt you will, if you believe different like me, then you either believe it or dont believe because you dont believe in jesus

Freemasons: I have no idea what these people did in this game, lol

moqqy
06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
The assassins weren't hashish users nor did hashashin mean such thing when it was given to and they weren't called the old men from the mountain.. Sinan, the leader of the Syrian assassins, was called the old man of the mountain.

KZarr
06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Jeez this is getting crazier every second http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, tey were called that based from what Jade Raymond said, and they were Hashish users actually, I read it in a book, and sadly...Wikipedia...
And the book was called "Secret Societies"

moqqy
06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
No, they weren't hashish users... this Secret Societies book has been brought up before and it's completely rubbish.. they didn't research anything.

And last I checked, even the Wikipedia article said that they did not use hashish, but that's just a misconception created by Marco Polo.

Grandmaster_Z
06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
if the book is "Alamut", that work is fiction so i wouldn't go by that..

moqqy
06-29-2009, 02:47 PM
He already said the book was called Secret Societies.. I'll see if I can find what noobfun wrote about it..

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Wikipedia lol
It says its just a myth,or legend, but even then, we cant say for sure that they did or didnt, Im pretty sure Jade Raymond said they were called Hashish users in the Assassins creed 1 storyline developer diary or something but hey, I am not saying it is right, I am just saying what I heard, And I agree, that the book I read seemed a bit...off, it was pretty confusing actually, it didnt match up top what I already no

moqqy
06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, of course we can't be totally sure they didn't use hashish or have fangs and very sharp teeth.. but it's very, very unlikely that they used hashish for many, many reasons.

Jade Raymond didn't/doesn't know very much about the assassins, she said other false stuff too.. not that it's bad she's not an expert in it, but you shouldn't use her as a source.

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Lol I dont think I should have used Wikipedia either :P

But something was mentioned about Hashish in AC after ou kill Garnier, I dont remember the exact words but he mentions something about Hashish, I dont understamd WHY they would use it to be honest, lol but hey,ever wonder what Altair does before his Assassination in the Bureau? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Edit: When I said he mentioned something about Hashish. I meant Al Mualim did

Velvit
06-29-2009, 03:10 PM
how does alteir talk to dead people

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 03:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif I...uhh dont think he ever did bro lol

Velvit
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
when you assinate people u talk to them in ur happy placeor the blue room when they already got stabed

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Ohhh well their not dead, their just dying lol

Velvit
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
they can talk with blood intheir throat and ahole

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I guess soo, lol

Velvit
06-29-2009, 03:58 PM
dang their good

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Well I saw the Assassins Creed E3 demo, and the guy Ezio killed didnt talk after he was killed so maybe it will improve in the second one

Velvit
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
if the person talked some information about the story could of came out so they could of made him just die

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Or they could have just skipped it like they did with the first game

obliviondoll
06-30-2009, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
Knights Templar were orignally created to Protect the holy land, but it was actually cover, up, they had all sorts of treasure, supposedley they had Jesus' documents from his marriage, to the cross he was crussified on and (depepending on your beliefs) the information on how he really died. and along with the location the holy grail, (which is one of the artifacts Abstergo are looking for) and they also protect the blood decendants of Jesus himself, this is all speculation, and no one knows for sure if its real, if you are catholic/Christian, I doubt you will, if you believe different like me, then you either believe it or dont believe because you dont believe in jesus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, Templars were accused of heresy because they were becoming too powerful, and the elimination of the order involved the Catholic church inventing the "Baphomet" symbol which is now strongly associated with Satanism. It was done to discredit the order because they were becoming a threat to the real leaders of the church at the time.

The Knights Templar (also sometimes called Order of the Temple or Temple Knights in their own day) were funded by the Catholic church and given almost unchallenged authority under the Pope's orders, and charged with protecting the church's holdings and punishing heretics. Their powers included a right to seize property, and as such they gained great political power by claiming the land and wealth of many "heretics" they "discovered" and killed. Many of whom were conveniently wealthy owners of large amounts of land.

And the Assassins have been accused in several books of history of being users of Hashish, and in AC, Al Mualim mentions they are accused of drugging their own people in order to eliminate their fear of death. This is the conversation when he says that Garnier de Naplouse was drugging his patients.

Also, I don't think those conversations in the "Blue Screen of Death" mode were meant to have occured all in one go every time, or at the time of the target's death - I think they were meant to represent aspects of Altair's encounter with the person which weren't directly shown to us when we have control, which Altair only really though about once the deed had been done, thus the breakdown when it happens, and the world returning as if only a moment had passed after the target is finished. If you ever caught any of the glitches during the BSOD scenes, you'd notice it switches to a view of the target standing, and unhurt, often pacing around like they're agitated or off-guard. Possibly Altair did the sneak-into-home-to-warn-target thing (which would explain them all recognising him on sight and Sibrand knowing he specifically was targeted), but spoke to them instead of just giving them a deadly weapon like the histories say they did.

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Well I read up, and it was said the Templars were also created to protect the holy land but it was a cover up or something, I agree what you said their, 100% I jus tmissed it, I knew they were wiped out about the aCatholic church, and it is indeed true that they were becoming way to powerful, But after they were "wiped out" some survived with some Documents about Jesus or something, But I am not too clear on that part

UchihaKarasu
06-30-2009, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

And the Assassins have been accused in several books of history of being users of Hashish, and in AC, Al Mualim mentions they are accused of drugging their own people in order to eliminate their fear of death. This is the conversation when he says that Garnier de Naplouse was drugging his patients.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just pointing this out, even though you probably already know, but the drugging and the Garden of Paradise were proved to be false, simple fabrications created by Marco Polo

moqqy
06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
And it says a lot about those "books of history" that they believed Marco Polo..

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Well you have to think.. Why would Marco Polo lie?

moqqy
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
50% of his book IS a lie. He didn't go to half of the places he claimed he did - it's a story/rumor book. I don't see how the reason for his lying isn't obvious.. he wanted to make a book that sold/had a lot of fantastic stuff/was full of adventure etc etc. It's even argued that he didn't make the trip at all, but the WHOLE book is just rumors and hearsay.

And it might even be that he didn't lie IF he made the trip.. perhaps some local thought it'd be funny to tell a stranger a fairy tale and Marco swallowed the story without biting.

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Or he could have just been ovarly exaggerating then what he actually saw lol
But I wouldnt be surprised if he was lying lol

moqqy
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
What do you think he saw? He visited an assassin fortress two hundred years after their decline.

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
You mean after the Assassins had fallen?

Lol in that case he probably saw nothing,

P.S. Do you think The Assassins are still around today? Along with the Templars, its an interesting question concidering AC got me to ask the question lol

UchihaKarasu
06-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Descendants of the Assassins do still exist today but they are no longer called the Hashashin. Lol, they're kind of the reason the Assassin's Creed novel didn't get published.

moqqy
06-30-2009, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
You mean after the Assassins had fallen?

Lol in that case he probably saw nothing,

P.S. Do you think The Assassins are still around today? Along with the Templars, its an interesting question concidering AC got me to ask the question lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the assassins had been gone for 200 years... so basically he saw the same stuff that you'd see if you go visit it now..

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Soo...You mean nothing, or just a village?

@ UchihaKarasu, So what was their appeaance in the Assassins creed noval not getting published?

moqqy
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Smack the god, Darius.

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif
I got the name Godsmack from ym favourite band called...well Godsmack!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Velvit
06-30-2009, 07:51 PM
hey god smack

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Lol we should get back on topic :P

Velvit
06-30-2009, 07:59 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Lol we should get back on topic :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE> we are sorta

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
get on track godsmack theres no time to play around here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif so templer have there beliefs i about summed it up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Yes sir!
And I think you did, lol

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
good thing you could under stand my intelligant answer for every one preety compilcated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Never mind now you have lost me :P

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Never mind now you have lost me :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE> dont worry i lost my self i guess this thread or something is done

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Well when they say reasearch, we could just talk about the conspiracy Theories of the game

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:34 PM
how every thing is a lie

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Exlain the Conspiracy, and we will go on from their

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Velvit:
good thing you could under stand my intelligant answer for every one preety compilcated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah, this is an excellent post.

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Awww man, now I am even more lost http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DearDirty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Velvit:
good thing you could under stand my intelligant answer for every one preety compilcated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahah, this is an excellent post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thanks for the copliment that post made years to make

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Don't worry, this thread isn't really making sense anymore. This is what happens when you get ultra intelligant people together.

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DearDirty:
Don't worry, this thread isn't really making sense anymore. This is what happens when you get ultra intelligant people together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yup when your smart like us we haveto notmake since to make since

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Ummhm, it becomes quite the opposite actually lol

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Al Mualim was a humanoid reptile.

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Al Mualim was a humanoid reptile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> noo duhh he had one freaky eye

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Altair was a Ninja http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:49 PM
you guys are my only friends on this forums

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Man, DearDirty, you are going on a major Posting spree

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:51 PM
BFFL.

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif dont ingnore me

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Man, DearDirty, you are going on a major Posting spree </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its midday and I'm on holidays and bored.

Just about this thread, its been done like a trillion times. Plus I'm not really sure what you mean by organisation? Abstergo? Or the Assassin Society. Or the Templars in the crusades?

Velvit
06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
i am summer

DearDirty
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Cool. I'm going.

Try not to spam.

godsmack_darius
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
I dont get it either I just told him what I knew

moqqy
07-01-2009, 04:22 AM

Stop spamming. There's a Bring Up Whatever You Would Like thread for this.. or actually, private thread, if you want to post 20 times right after each other.

Account_Deleted
07-01-2009, 06:37 AM
recap answers,
they are based on hassassinhs.
i don't call much apon templers and the holy land,
but all i know is that
they were belived to be doing stuff for god and to ride bad stuff from the world.

decendents is possible, some probably don't even know they are.

godsmack_darius
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Apprently The decendents of the Hashishin who are now called the Hassassins or now called the Assassins are the reason the Asassins Creed book wasnt published

wildfire5911
07-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Apprently The decendents of the Hashishin who are now called the Hassassins or now called the Assassins are the reason the Asassins Creed book wasnt published </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure they just didn't want to start controversies. Some people are very proud of their heritage and to have a story/game based off of what your ancestors did might have upset some people which would not be good for Ubisoft.
Assuming the possibility that there are actual groups of present day "Assassins" still battling with the Templars, it wouldn't be wise to make a book on it which may also upset those involved. In this those people would be very powerful and not to fun to mess with :P

godsmack_darius
07-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I dont no man, Ubisoft wasnt going to be involved with the book even though, it was based of their game, I dont no how it could start controversies since it was actually based on the good side of the Hashishin

EmperorxZurg
07-04-2009, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
recap answers,
they are based on hassassinhs.
i don't call much apon templers and the holy land,
but all i know is that
they were belived to be doing stuff for god and to ride bad stuff from the world.

decendents is possible, some probably don't even know they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well theyre all part of the Teutonics now, since in the 1300's some French king {forgot which one} who was obssesed with religious artifacts decided to try and take the templars treasure. So he accused them of worshiping a different God and for abusing a BUNCH of other laws punishable by death. So all the ones who survived the executions of Templars joined the Teutonics whose organization is still alive today. Sry I watched a whole documentary on the Templars when the History channel came on

UchihaKarasu
07-04-2009, 06:38 PM
I just got a PC Gaming magazine the other day that came with a booklet called: "The Making of Assassin's Creed"
There is a section (Chapter 9) in the book that talks about the accuracy of the game. Here Ubisoft talks about what information they gathered on the Hashshashin. This is NOT the way the game portrayed them but what Ubi had learned through reading and talking with historians.
It reads:
The main character, Altair, is a member of the Hashshashin, an organized group responsible for multiple assassinations during the Crusades period period, historically based on Masyaf-Altair's base. One of the vows of the Hashshashin was never to harm innocent people (this was also a vow of the Saracens), which is why in Assassin's Creed you will see your health deteriorate if you end up hurting a bystander in the game. The Hashshashin preferred to use weapons such as swords. These were perceived to be honest, although often assassins would wear a disguise. Members of the Hashshashin were against the use of poisons, bows, or any other weapon that would allow the attacker to kill somebody and slip away quietly. You can see how annoyed Altair becomes when a character uses poison. Indeed, for the Hashshashin, murder was a system and it would be carried out in as efficient a manner as possible, without affecting the innocent or creating unwanted casualties. Victims, however, would typically be slayed in public just as in the game-this would help the group cultivate a terrifying reputation and it was not uncommon (in fact, it was common) for people to be killed in mosques. Suicide was not an option but fighting in the Janna style was. This would involves grappling and low-kicks.

The rest kind of goes on to explain your targets. Anyway, just info that Ubi had learned.
Oh, and AC was first envisioned my Patrice when he read the book Alamut.