PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out loud...

zardozid
06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> I woke up very early this morning (too early) and could not get back to sleep. Something was bothering me... but what? I couldn't put my finger on it. I got on the computer and started flying around shooting at the "red guys" when I realized. I spend most of my time flying airplanes of the Pacific Theater. I love the Raiden and the KI-61. Flying the KI-43 against late war fighters is a (real) challenge... and the A6m has such an amazing history...
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> So what has been bothering me you ask?
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> What will I fly when "SOW Battle of Britain" gets here?
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> My head has not been in The ETO for a long time and my imagination hasn't been ignited by any of the fighters involved in that engagement for a long time... The Spitfire is a beautiful fighter, but the ME109 is just so nasty (it makes you want to fly her). And then their is the unsung hero of the British empire the Hurricane. I just can't get my head around it...once I start flying SOW it isn't very likely that I will see a PTO add-on (for quite some time, if ever)...
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> I feel both sad and excited (about the SOW release). It will be amazing to see what they come up with (the new SOW engine) graphics and game play wise. But I will miss the PTO fighters I have come to love...(I'm afraid IL2 1946 will not capture my imagination the same way once I see the new game).
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> Oh bother... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zardozid
06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> I woke up very early this morning (too early) and could not get back to sleep. Something was bothering me... but what? I couldn't put my finger on it. I got on the computer and started flying around shooting at the "red guys" when I realized. I spend most of my time flying airplanes of the Pacific Theater. I love the Raiden and the KI-61. Flying the KI-43 against late war fighters is a (real) challenge... and the A6m has such an amazing history...
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> So what has been bothering me you ask?
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> What will I fly when "SOW Battle of Britain" gets here?
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> My head has not been in The ETO for a long time and my imagination hasn't been ignited by any of the fighters involved in that engagement for a long time... The Spitfire is a beautiful fighter, but the ME109 is just so nasty (it makes you want to fly her). And then their is the unsung hero of the British empire the Hurricane. I just can't get my head around it...once I start flying SOW it isn't very likely that I will see a PTO add-on (for quite some time, if ever)...
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> I feel both sad and excited (about the SOW release). It will be amazing to see what they come up with (the new SOW engine) graphics and game play wise. But I will miss the PTO fighters I have come to love...(I'm afraid IL2 1946 will not capture my imagination the same way once I see the new game).
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> Oh bother... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PBNA-Boosher
06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Utter BS. Just because one new game comes out doesn't mean the old one dies. Take a look at the Age of Empires II community. Granted, AoE 3 sucks, but the AoK:TC community is still extremely strong.

MEGILE
06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Ignore Boosher he just hit puberty.

Oleg mentioned 3rd party addons... and mods for offline. Perhaps you will get the KI-61 and KI-43 faster than you think... for offline atleast.

BadA1m
06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah me to, but it's rarely so bad as our imaginations make it out to be. We will still have IL2 to fall back on and I think (and hope) that sow will be sooooo cool that most won't be so bothered. Chin up M8 it'll be O.K. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif