PDA

View Full Version : banned from server??

ipm10731958
10-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Hi all,I was banned from a server last night for flying a plane the admin swore was not in the plane set.Despite protests from me I was kicked and banned. Question, is it even possible to fly a plane that is not in the server`s plane set??

ipm10731958
10-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Hi all,I was banned from a server last night for flying a plane the admin swore was not in the plane set.Despite protests from me I was kicked and banned. Question, is it even possible to fly a plane that is not in the server`s plane set??

BBB_Hyperion
10-08-2007, 04:57 AM
yes it is . Actually there are at least 2 ways for it . Of course not to mention here.

major_setback
10-08-2007, 05:00 AM
Also on some servers you have to check yourself how many planes are left of a certain type (I forget how you do this) or they will tell you to change planes because that type have all been killed.
You will be kicked if you don't do it.

Brain32
10-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Yes as Major Setback said, it might had been a map with limited number of planes in the planeset. Once expended those planes can still be selected however on most of theese servers you will recieve warning points and eventually get kicked and banned. The ban is mostly not lasting long(15min - 2hour, depends on the setting).
However to save yourself of that hassle try typing command " <planes " without quotation marks in the chatbar area, that should give you exact info on number of planes remaining http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ipm10731958
10-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Thanks for replying guys, I`m not sure about this limited number of planes thing. I was flying against two squad guys for about an hour, the map had just changed when this incident happened and I was the only player on the blue side, and I was not asked to change planes just kicked for cheating.

Matz0r
10-08-2007, 06:20 AM
I've seen planes not on the list of flyable planes in the player scorelist on online servers before. Usually planes from a previous map will appear, after a while it's been updated and the correct plane type is shown. I don't think this is about cheating, rather a rare server bug.

ipm10731958
10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
turns out it was a server glitch, they apologised and the ban lifted.