PDA

View Full Version : Altair's fighting moves and techniques

UbiAltair
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Will Altair fight like Ezio in his previous games, or will he fight like himself from AC1?

UbiAltair
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Will Altair fight like Ezio in his previous games, or will he fight like himself from AC1?

PirateRob
09-24-2011, 04:21 PM
it seems to me from videos that i've seen, that altair's fighting style will be a combination of ezio's style with kill streaks etc and his own style from ac1

joelsantos24
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I think Alta´r will fight as he used to, in Assassin's 1, it doesn't make sense to me to change his fighting technique and turn it into a weird reflection of Ezio's own skills. At least that's my humble opinion.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I disagree. It seems to me Altairs fighting skill or rather lack thereof in AC1 was simply because it was the first game. Same with not being able to swim and slow climbing and what not. It was the first installment, of course it was going to get better.

blazefp
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
I think Alta´r will fight as he used to, in Assassin's 1, it doesn't make sense to me to change his fighting technique and turn it into a weird reflection of Ezio's own skills. At least that's my humble opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my opinion too. However Ubi has already showed that he climbs like Ezio when he's 17 and climbs slower when he's 25 so I guess he will fight like Ezio too

joelsantos24
09-24-2011, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
That's my opinion too. However Ubi has already showed that he climbs like Ezio when he's 17 and climbs slower when he's 25 so I guess he will fight like Ezio too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Weird... But I would diferentiate climbing from fighting, though. I really don't believe the team would go too far as to rebuilt Alta´r more as a second version of Ezio, that would be the end of it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

HoIcon
09-24-2011, 06:05 PM
It does look like Altair is going to use some of Ezio's moves, because in one of the AC Revelations gameplay videos it showed a bit of an Altair mission that took place before the events of AC1 and Altair was using some of Ezio's fast climbing, ledge assassination and the air assassination that wasn't possible from that height in AC1, I suppose since Altair was younger it's possible he could climb faster, now Altair did learn the ledge assassination and the air assassination from greater heights as he put them into the codex but he didn't learn them until somepoint after AC1.
And it wouldn't be the 1st time Altair was given some of Ezio's moves, in AC2 in the brief Altair memory u could use Ezio's punching moves

UbiAltair
09-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I liked the way he fought in the first game more. It was more gory and deadly. Ezio's is just more violent and unreal.

Blind2Society
09-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Ezio can still fight exactly how Altair did, just don't use kill chains. Altair basically had 3 options, swing and time another button push for the second the blade hits, stand around for 10 minutes waiting for a counter kill, or mash attack until the guard dies. One word to sum it up, boring. Ezio can still fight this way.

RzaRecta357
09-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah. Obvious gameplay mechanic upgrade.

He will fight like Ezio...But I bet they give him a few personal kills or something.

Maybe Altair will be the only way to see one hidden blade kills this game as there is really no reason for Ezio not to have his second.

souNdwAve89
09-24-2011, 09:26 PM
He will fight like Ezio because that is the gameplay engine. We seen how Altair used the leak grab in one of the memory sequences. He also free runs and climb faster than AC1. I personally do not see a "style" between Altair and Ezio. They both use the same attack moves and animation. The different is that in AC2, they tweaked the fighting mechanic to make it faster.

ProletariatPleb
09-24-2011, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jch6789:
It does look like Altair is going to use some of Ezio's moves, because in one of the AC Revelations gameplay videos it showed a bit of an Altair mission that took place before the events of AC1 and Altair was using some of Ezio's fast climbing, ledge assassination and the air assassination that wasn't possible from that height in AC1, I suppose since Altair was younger it's possible he could climb faster, now Altair did learn the ledge assassination and the air assassination from greater heights as he put them into the codex but he didn't learn them until somepoint after AC1.
And it wouldn't be the 1st time Altair was given some of Ezio's moves, in AC2 in the brief Altair memory u could use Ezio's punching moves </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey jch, I don't know about faster climbing, but the ledge and air assassination moves were pretty obvious, it's not that he didn't learn them until after AC1, it was just the first game, they didn't think of those moves.

In that memory, we could punch like Ezio and we could run on ledges like Ezio, ya know hands spread out and shaking...like a kite 0_o

E-Zekiel
09-24-2011, 10:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I disagree. It seems to me Altairs fighting skill or rather lack thereof in AC1 was simply because it was the first game. Same with not being able to swim and slow climbing and what not. It was the first installment, of course it was going to get better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. People forget that Ezio has many moves that Alta´r had, to the letter. He just had more...again, due to coming further down the line in terms of programming.

RzaRecta357
09-25-2011, 02:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I disagree. It seems to me Altairs fighting skill or rather lack thereof in AC1 was simply because it was the first game. Same with not being able to swim and slow climbing and what not. It was the first installment, of course it was going to get better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. People forget that Ezio has many moves that Alta´r had, to the letter. He just had more...again, due to coming further down the line in terms of programming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I'm pretty sure almost all the kills from AC1 were in the game. Although the killcam sucked and didn't show Ezio grit his teeth or emote like Altair did in AC1.

joelsantos24
09-25-2011, 03:27 AM
Regardless of the differences, there are similarities: I remember fighting with the small sword (or big knife) in Assassin's 2 and Ezio's moves with that weapon were basically the same as Alta´r's in Assassin's 1. There are however distinct differences in style and specially in fluidity of the fighting, with the fights in Assassin's 2 being much smoother and fluid. But that's a matter of evolution of the game, nothing more. In what regards the style itself, I believe Alta´r's to be different than Ezio's, and that is pretty much clear from the games. Again, I would diferentiate climbing from fighting, it doesn't matter if Ezio could climb faster because that was an issue that sprung from the game's development.