PDA

View Full Version : Where is my radar antena???

Lex_Paxter
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
I ve been playing my campaign since 1939 and I reached august 1942, i ve upgraded my sub with the radar but i can`t see the antenna on my sub where is it? what worse it does not work( there is a radar screen in my radio sub but the operator can find any contacts)On the damage screen it says that i don t have a radio antena. But it is not everything, later i ve equipped my boat with Metox and it seems that that radar is working but metox not (on damage screen it says that i have radio antena but not a single word about radar antena receiver)i ve also noticed that i cant see aberich coat on VIIb, anyone know anything about my problem?

Lex_Paxter
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
I ve been playing my campaign since 1939 and I reached august 1942, i ve upgraded my sub with the radar but i can`t see the antenna on my sub where is it? what worse it does not work( there is a radar screen in my radio sub but the operator can find any contacts)On the damage screen it says that i don t have a radio antena. But it is not everything, later i ve equipped my boat with Metox and it seems that that radar is working but metox not (on damage screen it says that i have radio antena but not a single word about radar antena receiver)i ve also noticed that i cant see aberich coat on VIIb, anyone know anything about my problem?

EDtheHead6445
04-09-2005, 04:02 AM
The first radar set you get is really quite basic. Its essentially only forward looking, with a tiny cone of view (something like +-10 degrees.) It doesnt have an antenna as such (or a dish) but instead consists of panels on the conning tower of the sub. Also, i cant seem to see the Alberich on my sub (a type IXC) so i guess its not a very visible coating anyway. Out of interest, while were on the subject, does anyone know if you get a rubber coating for your sub? Does it change the appearance of the sub?

Lex_Paxter
04-09-2005, 04:04 AM
but i can see aberich coat on VIIc, it sticks to the conning tower.

Lex_Paxter
04-09-2005, 04:07 AM
oh i get it, this black thing is a radar not coat , ok thanx, forget my last post thx

quillan
04-09-2005, 06:50 AM
FuMO 29 Seetakt radar in real life:
http://www.uboat.net/technical/images/fumo29.jpg

and in the game:
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/44/44706/pages/104485/Radar.jpg

Osakajoe
04-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Sadly the later Radar Models Fumo 60+ have not been modelled in the game.So you have a radar well and no radar.

Another grave omission from the devs along with the DF loop thats always in it's socket and never raised.

Hopefully they will release the kit soon so this can be corrected.