PDA

View Full Version : campaigns question

Dingzoom
02-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Can anyone explane why....
On several occasions, either downloaded or ingame created campaigns, when I use the autopilot to either takeoff or put the autopilot on right after takeoff, on several occasions my aircraft just flys a circuit and and lands.
I have even had it return to base & land after I manually fly/pass the first waypoint before putting the AP on.

1) I use the AP on longer missions so I can do other things (i.e. wash cloths, take a Cr*p, mow the lawn etc) while it is getting to the action area...
2) The "fast forward" option sometimes messes up the actual scenario so it doesn't happen as it should, so I don't care to use it most of l;the time....

If you don't know... Please don't guess...
Thanks

Dingzoom
02-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Can anyone explane why....
On several occasions, either downloaded or ingame created campaigns, when I use the autopilot to either takeoff or put the autopilot on right after takeoff, on several occasions my aircraft just flys a circuit and and lands.
I have even had it return to base & land after I manually fly/pass the first waypoint before putting the AP on.

1) I use the AP on longer missions so I can do other things (i.e. wash cloths, take a Cr*p, mow the lawn etc) while it is getting to the action area...
2) The "fast forward" option sometimes messes up the actual scenario so it doesn't happen as it should, so I don't care to use it most of l;the time....

If you don't know... Please don't guess...
Thanks

Taylortony
02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I dont know, but you would get on with my mate, he did a London - New York on Flight Sim in real time LOL mind you he went to the pub after take off.

Bump for some help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DmdSeeker
02-12-2007, 03:26 PM
There things tend to hapen if you choose a low rank. Most campaigns are written by guys who assume you'll want to be commander; and starting out in the "wrong" position can have funny effects

Dingzoom
02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
hmmm, I seem to remember hearing that "low rank" possible problem before.
I usually start out as a follower because they seldom give headings or altitudes to fly in their briefings. I can't see the targets on the ground until just before I hit the ground either. I can ususlly pick out stuff on the roads but seldom in the green area...

Anyway, I watch to see where the AI bomb & then I can follow them in..

bumb eyes in my old age...lol..