PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody started a fund ?

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 08:01 AM
From what has been posted in several other forums, it seems that Ubi had to pay Northrob (no I spelled it right) for the use of the word Grumman, etc. In turn Ubi took the fee out of the developers (Maddox Games) salary (fee).

Has anyone started a fund anywhere on line that one can donate money to Oleg and crew so that they can recap their losses ?

I for one would be more then happy to donate a generous amount to make sure that our Sim's "father" and his friends (employees) does not get hurt financially.

If there has been something set up, please post a link. If there hasn't been something set up, this would be a good place to start planning and instrumenting it.

UK_Jackal
12-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Is there any proof that Oleg and his team has been deducted the costs in question

Zeus-cat
12-19-2004, 08:33 AM
In addition to what UK_Jackal has said, I have seen posts that said Oleg didn't design the box, someone else did. If Oleg didn't do it, why would he be made to pay?

Zeus-cat

UK_Jackal
12-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Interesting questions.. 1C Maddox is the designer and UBI is the developer, I can't see why Olegs team would have to pay for the balls up that UBI have made. Its UBIs blunder not 1c

VMF223_Smitty
12-19-2004, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UK_Jackal:
Is there any proof that Oleg and his team has been deducted the costs in question <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A.K. Davis posted the follwoing link in another thread:
http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?s=08ac2d8bc34ed1cb521fe3d187c2c3a3&threadid=13370&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

We are in the pre-production phase of a WWII based combat flight simulator (I know, not the best profit model these days) and just became aware of a situation that a Russian flight-sim developer ran into on their latest project that just released!

Qoute
It seems that Northrop/Grumman company demanded an extremely high fee for the use of the aircraft and ships that their current family of acquired companies (Northrop, Grumman, Republic, Vought, etc...) manufactured during WWII. Given the low budgets that flight-sims work with, especially our Russian colleagues, the developers were unable to pay the fees. Northrop then went to the publisher who to the best of my knowledge paid the fees but deducted all or some of it from the developer‚‚ā¨ôs payments.
Unqoute

This has NOT been confirmed by Ubi or 1c Maddox Games.

What i am saying is that IF Oleg took a hit on this, the community could help him and crew out so that development will not lag in the future because of this incident.

Jieitai_Tsunami
12-19-2004, 09:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Tsunami3003/Pooroleg.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Flydutch
12-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Gruman should pay Oleg for featuring their antiqueted Aircraft in this wounderfull Sim!

Do I Have to pay now for mention the Brand name?