PDA

View Full Version : Might & Magic: Heroes VI Will Most Likely be Bad

Matt1128Y
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Might & Magic: Heroes VI will most likely be bad given the following information:

1. It is being developed by Black Hole Entertainment. Past Black Hole Entertainment games include Armies of Exigo (71% on gamerankings.com), Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (74%), and Warhammer: Battle March (64%). That's it. http://www.gamerankings.com/

2. Many of the units and their names either don't fit in with their respective faction, look/sound ridiculous--or are lacking in imagination or originality. Please note that I wrote many and not all. And please do not make the mistake of confusing concept art with what the units look like in-game. http://might-and-magic.ubi.com...res/haven/index.aspx (http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-GB/game/creatures/haven/index.aspx)

3. Despite the fact that the game is supposed to be released around June 21st, 2011 (around three months from now), there hasn't been much information released about the game. They haven't even told us what reputation is yet. I believe this is a bad sign. If they had interesting and innovative things to share about Heroes 6 that would excite the gaming community, then why wouldn't they share it? I could understand them withholding information and slowly releasing it over time until the game is finally released, but there's only three months left and we practically know nothing about the game.

4. They have lowered the number of resources; and there's absolutely no good reason that I can think of for why they would do this, other than to dumb down the Heroes series so that it will be more appealing to the Xbox Live and WoW generation of gamers. And I have a hard time believing this is the only thing that they've dumbed down.

5. The official Heroes 6 forums are horrible. The forum layout looks and feels like something out of the early 90s. This has no obvious direct relation to Heroes 6, but it does show a general lack of professionalism.

I've also read from secondary sources that Black Hole Entertainment is also changing how Heroes level up, how you interact with towns, and how units are produced. Anyone know anything about that?

znork
04-05-2011, 01:15 AM
1 this where there first games. They now have a lot of expriance. Its also not totaly their games. Ubi and the insider fans are looking over their shoulder. If this game is going to be bad its not gona be black hole.
2 The game is gona be bad becuse you dont like the units names? I have never read a review trashing a game for the names of the units.
3 this post is just wrong. Reputation is farly well explanined if you know how to use google. But i would have hoped for a littel more comuncation from ubi in this forums. But they love facebook sohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
4 the lowering of resources is a realy good move and will make the game bether.
5 The forum design is gona show how bad game is? This logic i find lacking.

And yes black hole and ubi is gona change a lot of things. This is good if its done in smart manner.

There is gona be beta of the game i sugest you preorder the game and youll find out what you think.

fredrikslicer
04-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Not to burst you bubble but have the heroes line-up ever been particuarly uniqe?

mcgslo
04-05-2011, 02:26 AM
to OP:
I think you are overreacting... a lot.

I folow lots of games and this one shure does not look like dumbed down... its just different ... and we need something new and diferent... i dont want just to reskin every installment of heroes..

1. This doesnt mean anything... they are completly diferent games...
2. I like and i dont really care how they name the units. Its their game and they should do what they feel is right... we will judge after 1 month of play...
3.in my opinion they give already too much information... and we are prety excited right now!!!
4. so? you know for a fact that that is bad thing? If you want to spot dumbed down games just check every console-to-PC port (basicly 80% of current games). So this one is PC ONLY. And it looks really promising!
5. wth dude... you are just looking a for something to be wrong... and if you are doing that you will shure find it (taht is also true in RL)

Sorry but your Topic is based on thin air...

Spiralkill
04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
You are making a big assumption based on relatively small amount of information.

Spiralkill
04-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by mcgslo:
to OP:
I think you are overreacting... a lot.

I folow lots of games and this one shure does not look like dumbed down... its just different ... and we need something new and diferent... i dont want just to reskin every installment of heroes..

1. This doesnt mean anything... they are completly diferent games...
2. I like and i dont really care how they name the units. Its their game and they should do what they feel is right... we will judge after 1 month of play...
3.in my opinion they give already too much information... and we are prety excited right now!!!
4. so? you know for a fact that that is bad thing? If you want to spot dumbed down games just check every console-to-PC port (basicly 80% of current games). So this one is PC ONLY. And it looks really promising!
5. wth dude... you are just looking a for something to be wrong... and if you are doing that you will shure find it (taht is also true in RL)

Sorry but your Topic is based on thin air...

totally agree with you.

GoranXII
04-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Voted no, because for all the complaints I've made about it, they're mostly to do with it being a sequel (I feel there ought to be a limit on the number of changes), rather than issue with the game itself (the only one I have there is the 'grab all the owned mines, but not the unowned ones' thing).

Dlayer
04-05-2011, 09:04 AM
If they wanted more WOW- and Xbox-live gamers they would have made multiplayer so you had one hero which you leveled up and then you use the same hero in the next multiplayer session.

WaterPoloLaw
04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Honestly, I do not know where these guys are coming from. As someone said earlier, enough with the tinfoil hats already. The game looks awesome.

Destruction3402
04-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I think this game will be brilliant!
I just love Sanctuary already!

tikreet
04-05-2011, 10:33 AM
voted no ,, honestly this game will be great ( from a pro gamer who plays almost all the games , and i was playing heroes since heroes 2 ,, it looks great..
my only compliant about the game so far is its graphics ,, its great ,, but no bug improvment since heroes 5 .
about blackhole , i was so happy to know they are the producers this time , because if you played armies of exigo, you'll know what i mean , it was just underated .

wodahsa
04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello Everyone,
Actually I am very happy that Black Hole is doing this game. I played Armies of Exigo a lot and for me it is really, REALLY good RTS game. I put it equally with Starcraft and Warcraft 3 on my favourite RTS games list. Why? I think that Black Hole took everything that was the best about Starcraft and Warcraft 3 and they joined it together into amazing game.

The game got a lot of critique because it was so similar. But for me it's a good thing (why Starcraft 2 is so similar to Starcraft 1 - because it's perfect RTS game, why change it?!) So I am certain that they are doing the same thing with Heroes VI - take everything that was so good in Heroes 3 and Heroes 5 and make unique, superb game.

I believe in you Black Hole. Don't disappoint me:-)

Regards to all

Shawn85
04-05-2011, 12:49 PM
To the OP. The only I things I agree with you on is the lack of info about the game is reason for moderate concern, and also maybe blackhole does not have the most stellar track record. Besides that I think they are doing a good job improving the gameplay and strategy systems of the series. Instead of trying to raise a poll of people who think the game will suck, be vocal on these forums about the elements of the series they are in the process of ruining or could have done a better job on. On a sidenote, blackhole, if you know whats good for you will release the beta soon. This is the kind of game that will need heavy testing, especially because of new and great advents to the series like permanent character progression and reputation paths.

Fever_K
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Not to go personal on you, Matt1128Y, but you registered to Ubi 2 days ago and you are already spamming the forum with threads against H6 (I counted at least 3 in the main page).
We got the point: you don't like the direction that H6 has taken, but one thing is to express your legitimate opinion, another thing is trying to impose it on us with this spam of negativity.

Now, as your pool shows, the vast majority of users disagree with you; I strongly hope that you'll cool down a bit before opening another raging thread.

By the way, I obviously voted no: there are some features I don't like/need to see (TOWN SCREENS being the first!), but I have no doubt Heroes 6 will be a GREAT title!

Matt1128Y
04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Fever_K:
Not to go personal on you, Matt1128Y, but you registered to Ubi 2 days ago and you are already spamming the forum with threads against H6 (I counted at least 3 in the main page).

So? You're misusing the word spam btw.

"Spam is unsolicited bulk messages that are sent to your e-mail account indiscriminately. While the term spam is usually recognized in regards to e-mail spam, there are several types of spam such as blog spam, wiki spam, and mobile phone messaging spam etc."

We got the point: you don't like the direction that H6 has taken, but one thing is to express your legitimate opinion, another thing is trying to impose it on us with this spam of negativity.

Define "spam of negativity." Does spam of negativity mean anyone who posts an opinion that contradicts yours more than once? And how is that imposing? Finally, isn't your opinion more imposing than mine since it calls for me to change my behavior?

Now, as your pool shows, the vast majority of users disagree with you; I strongly hope that you'll cool down a bit before opening another raging thread.

Justin Bieber is popular, people voted in Obama, and people voted in Bush. In other words, the popularity of a proposition doesn't make it any more or less true. To say that it does is to commit the logical fallacy argumentum ad populum.

By the way, I obviously voted no: there are some features I don't like/need to see (TOWN SCREENS being the first!)

This is one of the most bizzare things I've read in regard to HOMM.

but I have no doubt Heroes 6 will be a GREAT title!

Well, that's because you're a fanboy. The developers could crap in your mouth at this point and you'd believe them if they told you it was icecream.

Asterisk
04-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Everybody thought Disciples 3 would be a GREAT title... Just saying.

Fever_K
04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
@Matt: Developers could not "crap in my mouth" (watch your own mouth, kid) like it was chocolate; and saying things like that makes our discussion pointless: people who disagree with you are just blind "fanboys".

Then keep opening threads about how bad H6 will be and how much you hate names, creatures, developers and everything else; does it make you feel better?
You made a poll, your opinion got 10% and now you say polls don't matter.
Ok, what are you looking for then? Just someone (who likes H6) to trashtalk in order to relieve your disappointment about the game? Sorry, I'm not wasting my time alimenting your frustrated flaming.

Matt1128Y
04-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Fever_Khttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifwatch your own mouth, kid)

No, grandma.

and saying things like that makes our discussion pointless: people who disagree with you are just blind "fanboys".

Like how you tried saying anyone who disagrees with you is posting negative spam, whatever that is.

Then keep opening threads about how bad H6 will be and how much you hate names, creatures, developers and everything else

If you don't like reading the opinions of others, then stop visiting forums.

does it make you feel better?

A little bit.

You made a poll, your opinion got 10% and now you say polls don't matter.

They don't matter in terms of evaluating the truth of an opinion. I was just interested in what other people though on this forum. Regardless, the poll results are unsurprising given that I'm on the Might and Magic: Heroes 6 forum.

Ok, what are you looking for then?

I'm expressing my opinions. I don't know what you or anyone else is doing, nor do I care.

Now dry your tears.

Crofty88
04-05-2011, 10:53 PM
This will be a great game, period. Not a single doubt in my mind.

Caithor
04-06-2011, 04:15 AM
What a troll.

alficon
04-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Matt1128Y is just a frustrated pubescent teen. Back to the trollcave with you.

dchalfont
04-06-2011, 05:16 AM
http://operatorchan.org/vg/src/vg71487_TinFoilHatArea.jpg

O.P and shawn85, feel free to take one.

Fever_K
04-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Guys, don't feed the troll.
This thread has become useless and nothing more than personal attacks, so just let it die.
Besides, I just googled MATT's nick out of curiosity and I found out that he's an habitual complainer on the net (youtube, MMORPG sites etc.), someone who only writes negative comments and loves to pick on people with childish expressions like "crap in your mouth", "dry your tears" etc.

Since it's easy to be brave and arrogant behind a pc screen, the best option is to ignore people like him, who got too much time (and frustration) on their hands.

Alderbranchh
04-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Im closing this thread as its getting out of hand.
To battle with a troll you first have to loweryourselfs to the trolls level and then he will beat you all with experience.

Thread closed and whiners that whine about it will be P1nk1f13d!1!... Have I made myself perfectly clear on the matter?