PDA

View Full Version : Stuns in Revelations Compared to Brotherhood.

sasuhol
12-06-2011, 06:37 PM
OMG!!!!!

Myself personally I love the new stun system.

One thing I find the most interesting is the ability to get a streak with stuns as well as at least every game I get a 900 point stun. WHICH is amazing. It has made me want to hide in manhunt all the time.

So post your opinions on the new stun system.

Love it? or Hate it? or Don't Care it?

spectatorx
12-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Yeah, i like new stuns too! :-) It's nice to get points for fighting against your attacker.

TB_Jaybird
12-07-2011, 07:41 AM
It's not so nice on offense when you see ONE person slapping you and then 3 of your team-mates in VERY quick succession, and here comes the hammer, then running away.

TheLeoCrow
12-07-2011, 07:44 AM
quite honestly, I tried playing ACB on monday and I hated every minute of it because of how bad the stun system was in ACB. However, poisoning ppl is much harder now

spectatorx
12-07-2011, 07:49 AM
I agree with you. In brotherhood i did more poison kills than stuns, but in revelations i didn't poison anybody yet but did a lots of stuns.

Bythenumbers10
02-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Yes, the contested kill is helpful, but there's still a ton of room for improvement. You can still watch your pursuer walk (or run, or sprint) right up to you and they'll still get you, even though you try to stun. In that situation, they were obvious, and they should lose. I'm not saying stun should always work, just that the system should take the target's awareness into account. That little red arrow ought to stay on them as long as they're in your sight, and make them very vulnerable to being stunned. By the same token, have some indicator that you have been spotted as a pursuer, and you need to break line of sight with your target or risk getting stunned. This forces players to be stealthier and more careful in stalking their targets, and levels the playing field, since isn't everyone a trained killer, in-game? So it only makes sense that a target should be able to fight off an attacker that announces his/her presence by sprinting all over the place. Being obvious gives you away to your pursuer, why not to your target? And not just for a split-second chirping alert that you might as well already be respawning, but that you caught your pursuer being reckless, and can stun them if you keep an eye on them. The prey can become the predator, if they're wary. Best part of this suggestion? A breeze to implement. No need to change anything else in the game, and it really only removes the most frustrating situation: where you're walking across a square, your pursuer dives into a haystack fifty meters in front of you, in clear view, sprints right up to you, and you spam the crap out of the stun ****on, only to get shanked as if you'd done nothing. Oh, but you get 100 points. That makes a the whole thing okay.

WiLLiAmRoX
02-04-2012, 12:17 AM
but there is so many benefits of running up and killing the thing is good players shudnt really need this. If you have any mind at all you wud use ur abilities when u see a battle crazed templar running strait at you! and bear in mind if hes running at you and you get the contested kill he becomes injured. Since psychopathic insane templars are usually only found in team modes (any of them) its kind of good that its your only option to get the contested kill. If you do so and they keep on running at u everyttime your their target then that just means that your bringing down their teams overall score. If you have used all ur abilities and cant do anything just run behind a corner or through a chase breaker making it abigger chance that u can stun him while hes running around frantically trying to find him.

CaptainHesperus
02-04-2012, 05:51 PM
but there is so many benefits of running up and killing the thing is good players shudnt really need this. If you have any mind at all you wud use ur abilities when u see a battle crazed templar running strait at you! and bear in mind if hes running at you and you get the contested kill he becomes injured. Since psychopathic insane templars are usually only found in team modes (any of them) its kind of good that its your only option to get the contested kill. If you do so and they keep on running at u everyttime your their target then that just means that your bringing down their teams overall score. If you have used all ur abilities and cant do anything just run behind a corner or through a chase breaker making it abigger chance that u can stun him while hes running around frantically trying to find him.
I've tried the run-around-a-corner-then-stun trick. I still got Contested Kill-ed. Every time I MP, I try to resist the urge to just sprint everywhere and just get the Reckless kill bonuses. I try stalking, using crowds, etc to blend in and approach my target, but then I'm more often than not mugged by another player who blatantly runs up and stabs me in the chest. The 'warning' system doesn't do what it's supposed to and I have all of 0.05 of a second to punch SHIFT before I get to watch the HD kill animation. And on those rare occasions when I do get the stun off, it redirects onto a drone and I still get unnecessarily ventilated or retroactive phrenology.

Captain Hesperus

WiLLiAmRoX
02-05-2012, 04:31 AM
sounds like you have lots of problems with the game :D the run around corner trick only works like 3/10 times as its really complicated.. the best place for it to work is behind small pillars like the ones in the middle of venice under that chapel thingy. It works best there because as soon as you see the pursuer u can instantly press SHIFT and get off the cool stun. You have to be right up next to the wall or building and so close to the street that as soon as you see the pursuer u can SHIFT and r*pe him.

As for getting mugged try to look a little more inconspicuous.. such as if you have 2 pursuers then just hide and await them with your ability if you have only one then ( i assume your playing deathmatch) you dont really have to move anywhere because the space is so limited.. so sometimes its best to await your target as hell come by sooner or later.. also if you do happen to spot your target walking towards you either blend in with a moving crowd or just casually walk behind the corner and await him.. this is probably the best idea if your having lots of trouble with battle crazed pursuers chasing the sh*t out of u

edit: if you need anyother help check my link below it could be of some use