PDA

View Full Version : How to activate pe-2 from computer that is offline?

gbollin
05-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I play Offline and the machine I use for
pacific fighters is not even connected to the internet. I Paid my money downloaded the add on
got key code. When I installed the game It said I had to be online activate the game. Now have
to uninstall and reload evrything I had before to even Play Pacific fighters again.

gbollin
05-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I play Offline and the machine I use for
pacific fighters is not even connected to the internet. I Paid my money downloaded the add on
got key code. When I installed the game It said I had to be online activate the game. Now have
to uninstall and reload evrything I had before to even Play Pacific fighters again.

Unburied_Nat
05-02-2006, 02:11 PM
gbollin,

go to your original FORGOTTEN BATTLES disk and double-click on the file Data1.cab.
Select and extract the original exe files(il2.exe and il2fb.exe) to your Forgotten Battles folder.
This will allow the program to launch off-line.

regards,
Nat

gbollin
05-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the help. Uploaded everthing now
working fine. Thanks again.

todgeroff
05-04-2006, 01:37 PM
I have a similar issue: the PC I play on only has a useless 33.6 dial-up connection, so I downloaded it onto my laptop which is on broadband.

I planned to burn it on a CD and install from that, but what do I put on it? both the executable and Boontybox? Do I install it through boontybox? and where did Boontybox put the damn download, as I can't find it (do you know what the file is called)?

It seems like a lot of hard work to do something very simple.......

sc1949
05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by todgeroff:
I have a similar issue: the PC I play on only has a useless 33.6 dial-up connection, so I downloaded it onto my laptop which is on broadband.

I planned to burn it on a CD and install from that, but what do I put on it? both the executable and Boontybox? Do I install it through boontybox? and where did Boontybox put the damn download, as I can't find it (do you know what the file is called)?

It seems like a lot of hard work to do something very simple....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My son is downloading the Pe2 addon for me and he said he copped a French version of boonty box and he was unsure of where it was downloading to, I found this somewhere a while ago, and the answer was here. Hope that helps:-.

C:\Program Files\Mes Jeux Téléchargés

micksaf
05-05-2006, 02:07 AM
"Mes Jeux Téléchargés" means "My Downloaded Games"

todgeroff
05-05-2006, 06:05 AM
thanks for this - I'll have a look. Do you know what the pe2 installation file is actually called?

Aeronautico
05-06-2006, 09:18 AM
It's called il2_Pe2.exe, or something. Check the options in BoontyBox: it shows the path to downloaded files. Copy the file to the desktop and uninstall BoontyBox. Install from the file, then change the two executables as said above before playing IL-2, and never look back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.