PDA

View Full Version : Can I recharge the batteries with my engine at idle?

[]_---_[] KITT
01-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Because I don't want to waste fuel for cruising or I happen not in the need of cruising. Probably been asked a thousand time but i tried to search. Thx

btw where can i download the user-manual of SHIII? the link given seems to be dead. Thx

[]_---_[] KITT
01-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Because I don't want to waste fuel for cruising or I happen not in the need of cruising. Probably been asked a thousand time but i tried to search. Thx

btw where can i download the user-manual of SHIII? the link given seems to be dead. Thx

stabiz
01-25-2007, 02:25 AM
No you cant. (Yes you can, but its a bug)

TheRealPotoroo
01-25-2007, 05:41 AM
It's not a bug, it's a feature! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

tuddley3
01-25-2007, 07:23 AM
I like this feature/bug, makes raiding harbors a little easier.

lecek
01-25-2007, 07:51 AM
You can in the game and you could in real life.

They link the one engine up to the e-machine to charge the batteries and unlink that e-machine from the propellers. So the engine continues to charge the batteries even if you aren't moving.

I should note that there isn't really an idle on those engines. They just stop.

You can see what engine you are using to charge the batteries by looking at the engine RPM gauge down in the control room. While charging it will be at max.

The bug is that (I don't know if this has been fixed.) you don't need any fuel to actually charge the batteries. That engine just runs at flank on its own and then remembers it is out of fuel when it is done charging.

HW3
01-25-2007, 10:03 AM
The game manual is on the game CD.

KaleunFreddie
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Just search for '*.pdf' and you should find the manual. If not http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

[]_---_[] KITT
01-25-2007, 11:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HW3:
The game manual is on the game CD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that one the 'community manual'. I came to believe there's one.

tuddley3
01-25-2007, 11:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by []_---_[] KITT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HW3:
The game manual is on the game CD. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that one the 'community manual'. I came to believe there's one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game manual is also in Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII folder in Documentation folder. But KITT is also correct.

[]_---_[] KITT
01-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Tuddley it's in your sig. Oh i didn't see it then.

VikingGrandad
01-26-2007, 12:08 PM
KITT - please check your PM's

[]_---_[] KITT
01-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh yea my sig was too big but it was only around 40kb so i thought it was okay. I've fixed it. Hope this one is okay. Thx for the remainder.

test

VikingGrandad
01-28-2007, 12:22 PM
@KITT - The file size was OK but there is rule for the maximum width and height too. Your new graphic is well within the limit. The text underneath the graphic was too wide so I fixed it for you.