PDA

View Full Version : Borgia Couriers & Aconite

W-Munny66
11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
One way to find Borgia Couriers is to go to the Colle Vimnale tunnel entrance(beside the church) follow this road either way,with the tunnel behind you while you are facing forward, right goes down past the French Garrison or left goes through an opening and past a shop. If you follow either of these two roads a little ways and double back towards the tunnel you will ultimately find a Borgia Courier. Sometimes they spawn right by the tunnel and sometimes further down either road. One time i followed the road left and then right where it winds down a hill and found the courier running down there. After killing the courier, if you didn't get the Aconite(needed for the shop quest to get the fast poison and only found on borgia couriers), go back to the tunnel, go back to the Tiber Island Hideout, walk down the hall, go outside using the door on the right at the end of the hall that the tunnel is in, go back into the hideout, use the tunnel and go back to the Colle Vimnale tunnel. I repeated this process about 7 to 10 times, with only one time not being able to find the courier, before i got the aconite. It was also during sequence Five, though i doubt this matters much. Once you find the spawn points for the gangs, couriers and pickpockets they all seem to spawn from these same areas. another area i found couriers was by the Rose in Fiore. You normally had to walk around a bit but i found both pickpockets and courriers around that location. Hope this helps.

W-Munny66
11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
One way to find Borgia Couriers is to go to the Colle Vimnale tunnel entrance(beside the church) follow this road either way,with the tunnel behind you while you are facing forward, right goes down past the French Garrison or left goes through an opening and past a shop. If you follow either of these two roads a little ways and double back towards the tunnel you will ultimately find a Borgia Courier. Sometimes they spawn right by the tunnel and sometimes further down either road. One time i followed the road left and then right where it winds down a hill and found the courier running down there. After killing the courier, if you didn't get the Aconite(needed for the shop quest to get the fast poison and only found on borgia couriers), go back to the tunnel, go back to the Tiber Island Hideout, walk down the hall, go outside using the door on the right at the end of the hall that the tunnel is in, go back into the hideout, use the tunnel and go back to the Colle Vimnale tunnel. I repeated this process about 7 to 10 times, with only one time not being able to find the courier, before i got the aconite. It was also during sequence Five, though i doubt this matters much. Once you find the spawn points for the gangs, couriers and pickpockets they all seem to spawn from these same areas. another area i found couriers was by the Rose in Fiore. You normally had to walk around a bit but i found both pickpockets and courriers around that location. Hope this helps.

LaFawna
11-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Thank you! I finally got the Aconite by going the Colle Vimnale tunnel route. Do you know where I can get nutmeg?

MaskedReaper
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm hunting Borgia Couriers where do I find them ALL.
I noticed one appeared right outside my HIDEOUT and next to the blacksmith shop and I killed him but no aconite but a rare item found off he's corpse indeed but didn't register as a kill in the STATS Menu...strange!

SO far I have ONLY Killed ONE Borgia couriers during a mission where you hunt ya first messenger.
But these borgia couriers are RARE to find and have red capes and are red in eagle vision which is how to tell if its them.
But on the map they don't appear as icon legend or anything which makes them hard to find.

SO killing the one outside my hideout WAS a Borgia courier but it didn't register as ONE so my question is do they have to be 'RUNNING' to be active couriers when you kill them and register as a kill or tackle.
Tackle first then kill...right!

Well thanks pmfath77 for pointing these out otherwise I would start another topic 'Hunting Borgia Couriers'.

MaskedReaper
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I found something interesting about Borgia Couriers after playing for a few hours again today.

Borgia Couriers seem to appear 'AFTER a Mission is COMPLETE' and ALMOST Directly AFTER it finishes.
E.g I finished one mission and soon as if finished and got my 100% sync for example on a mission, a Borgia courier appears not far from the point I finished a mission.
They appear AS SOON AS a mission is complete and there almost standing or Running away from you with a big white ARROW above there heads...SO look for the big white arrow running away from you as SOON as you complete a mission.

I did the Romulus mission in the colosseum and soon as I came out of the manhole, a Borgia courier was running the other way right as soon as I finished the lair mission...and bingo I tackled him but still no Aconite.

I replayed the Colosseum mission again because I forgot to get all the flags.
But in the end as soon as I finished the lair mission a Borgia courier appeared at the SAME SPOT AGAIN...whoohoo! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

So I have figured out they do appear after missions but the bad thing is the randomness of items they carry.
I did see 'another' Borgia courier running near one of another Romulus lair thats in the 'Far East' part of Rome that the lair is almost underwater and lots of guards around the area...I forget the name or the area but theres a Borgia courier running through that area that I did tackle.

The one I spotted outside my hideout was because I finished a mission but he wasn't running which was strange but I haven't got him to appear yet unless I finish a mission at my hideout.
I tried going in an out of my hideout to get the Borgia couriers to respawn but it seem random sometimes of where and when they appear.
But they do appear after missions are complete but sometimes there hard to catch and they do get away from you if your too far away to catch up to them.
Sometimes it's hard to run after them because you get stopped by guard because you accidently run into some civillians on the way and cause commotion to the guards. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

So good luck people and mark the areas where you seen them and so on and also what missions did you complete for them to appear when you spotted them.
SO far I'm up to sequence 6 and I'm starting to see more of them probably because I'm advancing further into the game.
But you can replay the mission where you have to catch a borgia courier if you want.

Abeonis
01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaskedReaper:
Ok this isn't a double post but... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it is.

MaskedReaper
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
No, it isn't, it was posted day apart...look at the date dummy.
Don't bother posting if ya not gonna contribute info related to the topic.

I read another post on this forum on wondering if Borgia Courier appear more if your notoriety is high, but so far that's 'Officials' not couriers that appear.
But don't know if it's true if they do appear more when notoriety is high.
But I do doubt that as I have gone around on a killing rampage to get my notoriety up to 100% just to get more couriers but so far only officials show up.
But I've seen couriers when incognito so it doesn't really matter.

As for areas when they randomly appear it seems like major popular places too.
Usually after missions they appear on the ground or rooftops but there hard to race when on rooftops as they can get away or you stuff it and fall or miss judge a jump.
Comparing to pickpocketers who are also sneaky little buggers trying to catch.

Abeonis
01-20-2011, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaskedReaper:
No, it isn't, it was posted day apart...look at the date dummy.
Don't bother posting if ya not gonna contribute info related to the topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it is. The post above that one has exactly the same name attached too it, so it's a double post (regardless of the date attached to it)... dummy.

Also, i'll post whatever the hell I like, where I like.

MaskedReaper
01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
The hell you are just harassing in your posts.
Ezio: "Do NOT Test me".
You can't just go around posting harassing notes just for your liking Abeonis...Cyberbulling is unexceptable.
Sorry everyone but 'Abeonis' for the rudeness as some people are just plain rude.

Ok I got my first Aconite today and I tell you how I managed to get some Borgia Couriers to appear.
1. They appear after few seconds 'after' missions are complete...usually small missions like courtesan mission etc.
2. If you go to your Hideout and then transport to Augustus Mausoleum and and then walk around the Mausoleum clockwise and back to where you came 'Sometimes' a Borgia courier appears at the waypoint area from which you have came from.
This time he's be running towards you so easy catch.
I managed to do this three times and it 'works' usually when after awhile like catching pickpockets and killing bandits in particular order.
So it works 'sometimes' but just going to your hideout and then transporting to the Mausoleum and walk around a bit they DO appear in front of the Mausoleum and sometimes it's pickpockets and not Borgia couriers.

But after awhile you get to know the patterns of how they appear.