PDA

View Full Version : The Next Assassin's Creed

rebelinthenude0
11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I know this has about a million other Post's but this is an honest discussion.........What will the next one be like? and when is it gonna come?

rebelinthenude0
11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I know this has about a million other Post's but this is an honest discussion.........What will the next one be like? and when is it gonna come?

EpicRawr
11-13-2007, 07:09 PM
It will probably be more about desmond, then Altiar. Or, they might ditch the whole Desmond thing, if they are smart enough to realise not many people like the story.

Personnaly, I think they already started working on it awhile ago, but they just deny it. Because I dubt they would spend another 3-4 years working on it, and having everybod wait, I hope not anyway.

Actually...maybe they didn't start. Meh, who knows, 'eh?

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
It would be a huuuugely amateur mistake on Ubisoft's part to make a game about Desmond.

No one even knew who he was until the game was released. This game has always been about playing as Atlair, an Assassin in the Middle East during the 3rd Crusade. If they change that then I'm sure they've lost all the fans they manage to gather while developing this game

Mojo_69
11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
they have already started i bet but it will only take bout a year to make because they made the first from the ground up but now they got their base and they will work from there im hoping they will still use Altiar

Kaxen6
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
If they make it about Des, I'll have to start a new webcomic called Ask Desmond. xD Desmond is easier to draw...

-_-' I hadn't really thought about sequels yet...

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
You know, when i heard AC was going to be a trilogy, i automatically assumed that it would be a different guy in each story. Like, one set in the crusades, one set in like ninja-japan, one set in modern times or so. I was pretty disappointed to think that each game wouldn't feature altair as he's such a cool character. But from what i heard about people talking about the game, this story will span the entire trilogy, so it would be really cool to see more about what happens to altair.

But the problem is that this game is a bit like gta, people will need to see some new cities and stuff, and ubi already used up like 3 of the coolest cities in the middle east. I wonder if altair will travel to europe or japan or something for the next games.

The_Werty66
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't mean to troll or anything, but, seriously. The first game just came out. Give 'em a bit. But, I think they'll just make it less glitchy with more to do, but keep the main part of the game.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
It would be a huuuugely amateur mistake on Ubisoft's part to make a game about Desmond.

No one even knew who he was until the game was released. This game has always been about playing as Atlair, an Assassin in the Middle East during the 3rd Crusade. If they change that then I'm sure they've lost all the fans they manage to gather while developing this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will probably be about Desmond exclusively, but because of all the time in the Animus he has instinctually become just like Altair thus becoming a stealthy crazy free climbing assassination machine!

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It will probably be about Desmond exclusively, but because of all the time in the Animus he has instinctually become just like Altair thus becoming a stealthy crazy free climbing assassination machine! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet very repetative

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unnamedninja:
You know, when i heard AC was going to be a trilogy, i automatically assumed that it would be a different guy in each story. Like, one set in the crusades, one set in like ninja-japan, one set in modern times or so. I was pretty disappointed to think that each game wouldn't feature altair as he's such a cool character. But from what i heard about people talking about the game, this story will span the entire trilogy, so it would be really cool to see more about what happens to altair.

But the problem is that this game is a bit like gta, people will need to see some new cities and stuff, and ubi already used up like 3 of the coolest cities in the middle east. I wonder if altair will travel to europe or japan or something for the next games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it. The premise of the game has always been historical accuracy and if he's a member of the Hashashiin then they only operated in the Middle east during the third crusade.

That being said there has always been an awful lot of assassin's guild/cults/groups all around the globe right the way through history so I'm sure Assassin's Creed could be applied to all of them, but that would again mean removing Altair from the equation

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
I really hope it's not mostly about Desmond, because it will probably mean the game will be based around the use of guns http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Although i'm an old man and intolerant to change, it would probably rock anyway.

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unnamedninja:

But the problem is that this game is a bit like gta, people will need to see some new cities and stuff, and ubi already used up like 3 of the coolest cities in the middle east. I wonder if altair will travel to europe or japan or something for the next games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it. The premise of the game has always been historical accuracy and if he's a member of the Hashashiin then they only operated in the Middle east during the third crusade.

That being said there has always been an awful lot of assassin's guild/cults/groups all around the globe right the way through history so I'm sure Assassin's Creed could be applied to all of them, but that would again mean removing Altair from the equation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you know, damascus and jerusalem were on the silk road, which was a trade route from china to the middle east! lots of trade goods came to the cities from china. I was actually hoping to see a chinese weapon merchant around one of the cities to buy stuff like a wakisashi or a broadsword or something. Anyway that's just my 2 cents and personal wet dream.

But like i said before, the series should have a different setting to stop it becoming stale. That means altair is removed or he travels i guess. Or i could be wrong also http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Transparanoia
11-13-2007, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:

No one even knew who he was until the game was released. This game has always been about playing as Atlair, an Assassin in the Middle East during the 3rd Crusade. If they change that then I'm sure they've lost all the fans they manage to gather while developing this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will probably be about Desmond exclusively, but because of all the time in the Animus he has instinctually become just like Altair thus becoming a stealthy crazy free climbing assassination machine! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had the same thought, although I haven't seen Desmond so I can't really judge if he'd be able to perform all the things Altair can. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Well you know, damascus and jerusalem were on the silk road, which was a trade route from china to the middle east! lots of trade goods came to the cities from china. I was actually hoping to see a chinese weapon merchant around one of the cities to buy stuff like a wakisashi or a broadsword or something. Anyway that's just my 2 cents and personal wet dream.

But like i said before, the series should have a different setting to stop it becoming stale. That means altair is removed or he travels i guess. Or i could be wrong also http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true, there's going to have to be some change (although i haven't even played the game yet lol) but I'm assuming another few cities would be on the cards as well as revamping the new ones. Of course construction has always happened in large cities and I'm sure that the war laying siege to the landscape would require it to be rebuilt so the scape of some of the cities could be altered somewhat with the main features that they know still exist, or existed for prolonged periods being retained.

Damn I cant wait till Friday to play this bad boy!

Bad reviews aside it's still supposed to blow you away initially so I'm really looking forward to playing for the first few hours!

xtremboarder17
11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
there probally won't be another assassins creed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RqsNKU44NbM

Altairiguy
11-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Of course there won't.

Especially since the Assassin's Creed series is intended to be a trilogy.

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Someones gotta suggest it...

An Assassin's Creed MMO. Set it in a different time period, but one similarly chaotic as the 3rd Crusade.

Players can choose to become a prominent leader in the game world with missions that on one hand gives them more power but on the other hand, continues to create violence in whatever time period the game is set in.

As these players progress through the game, they get bigger and better armies to protect them and buildings/fortresses to try and stay protected in.

Or players can go through a tough process to join the brotherhood of the Assassin's. It'll be their job to eliminate the leaders who are using the violence for their own gain.

As they progress, they get better weapons, stealth moves and become more powerful to fight against the guards of their targets.

It'll never happen, but it could be pretty awesome.