PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the DGen campaing files

Aguila_Azteca
06-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Any one has a guide to MOD the default DGen files for pacific fighters... i can do some modifications... but i am very far away from mastering it...... the defualt campings are very lame... so i need to know how to add more to them.....

1. how can i keep palms and trees from showing in the campings missions?

2. How can i Set home bases, or air starts points for airplanes?'

3. how many mission types there are for japanese and the usa? (example jpattak...jpbomb)

4. how to properly set up a Opss file?

6. how to set up targets? when moding the default maps is there a rule how to set the objects in the map so the engine recognise them as targets???? (example HQ, or Depot)

7. what else?... no and i dont want tird party campings... i want to make my own

8. How to PROPERLY SET UP THE DATA FILE... the one with the town names... and dates.... it is annoying one

Aguila_Azteca
06-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Any one has a guide to MOD the default DGen files for pacific fighters... i can do some modifications... but i am very far away from mastering it...... the defualt campings are very lame... so i need to know how to add more to them.....

3. how many mission types there are for japanese and the usa? (example jpattak...jpbomb)

6. how to set up targets? when moding the default maps is there a rule how to set the objects in the map so the engine recognise them as targets???? (example HQ, or Depot)

7. what else?... no and i dont want tird party campings... i want to make my own

8. How to PROPERLY SET UP THE DATA FILE... the one with the town names... and dates.... it is annoying one

WTE_Galway
06-13-2006, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aguila_Azteca:

8. How to PROPERLY SET UP THE DATA FILE... the one with the town names... and dates.... it is annoying one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of what you want can be achieved by downloading:

- IL2 STAB
- Quick Mission Tuner

from the airwarfare site

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm

while your at it have a look at IL2 mat

alternatively download DCG it gives you an alternate dynamic campaign to DGEN

Aguila_Azteca
06-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Nothing of that is what i ask to know but thanks... i mostly want to work with the pacific maps

fly_zo
06-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi,

You should d'l "true pacific" camp. for dgen, Nimits did great job with it.( flying legends )

Have you considered getting DCG by Paul Lowengrin, http://www.lowengrin.com it is much user friendly than dgen and mr. Lowengrin will help you with all your questions.

hope it helps, Zoran.

Nimits
06-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Read throught this thread on SimHQ. It has the most the collected knowledge on how to build and modify DGen operations and careers.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....topic;f=144;t=000296 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=000296)