PDA

View Full Version : Quick guide to IL2/FB aircraft?

drose01
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Has anyone made a list of the main aircraft in il2/fb/pf with a brief description of their (current ie 3.03) characteristics?

I have a book called "Aircraft of WWII" but what it says does not always hold true in the game (about the t152 it says "had it been built in sufficient numbers it could have taken its place alongside the ME262 as a near unbeatable air superiority fighter and bomber killer"- not true in Il2, it doesnt seem)

I saw a post not long ago called "what is your favorite aircraft and why" which touched on these questions but not comprehensively.

I know Robin will post here and say "Mustangs are best, as long as you take the gear up." I know most of the basic things about aircraft characteristics.

Questions I am really thinking of now are variations on the same model: ie what are the differences between the maybe 8 ME109 variants? Or even P51D NT and NA. Spitfire versions, etc etc. Also, turning radius of planes, from worst to best; climbing speed;etc etc.

drose01
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Has anyone made a list of the main aircraft in il2/fb/pf with a brief description of their (current ie 3.03) characteristics?

I have a book called "Aircraft of WWII" but what it says does not always hold true in the game (about the t152 it says "had it been built in sufficient numbers it could have taken its place alongside the ME262 as a near unbeatable air superiority fighter and bomber killer"- not true in Il2, it doesnt seem)

I saw a post not long ago called "what is your favorite aircraft and why" which touched on these questions but not comprehensively.

I know Robin will post here and say "Mustangs are best, as long as you take the gear up." I know most of the basic things about aircraft characteristics.

Questions I am really thinking of now are variations on the same model: ie what are the differences between the maybe 8 ME109 variants? Or even P51D NT and NA. Spitfire versions, etc etc. Also, turning radius of planes, from worst to best; climbing speed;etc etc.

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Here is a good guide to start wih.

http://www.il2sturmovik.com/games_elts/fb_aircraft.php

It is from the original Il-2 FB AEP site, not the new Pacific fighters site. It can only be found with clicking Google search results. It does not feature the planes that are in PF but, this will be helpfull for you, I guess. I can imagine the overwhelming choice of aircraft currently in the sim may be hard for new pilots.

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Furthermore, it is very possible a good and short description of all aircraft currently in PF is somewhere on one of the Game CD's in a PDF document.

drose01
12-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the link, just what I need.