PDA

View Full Version : I have a question....

Inorganic9_2
09-05-2011, 01:54 AM
(seeing as I haven't foudn the answer via the search and am in a bit of a hurry) ...to do with the whole Ezio/Altaïr “not being related” thing. Firstly, where was this ever stated and how is it even possible (if Ezio gets Altaïr bleeding effect before he even finds a seal) ?

LightRey
09-05-2011, 02:03 AM
It was stated in an sort-of interview at I think it was the E3 and later it was stated at PAX by Alex.

kriegerdesgottes
09-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Yeah it was first stated in a Kotaku article after Darby confirmed it with someone at Kotaku. I believe the article was called "Everything I knew about Assassin's Creed is wrong" or something like that. Since then it has been confirmed by Darby himself at comic con, also my falko poiker at gamescom and Alex also at Pax.

LH 517704 46137
09-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
(seeing as I haven't foudn the answer via the search and am in a bit of a hurry) ...to do with the whole Ezio/Altaïr “not being related” thing. Firstly, where was this ever stated and how is it even possible (if Ezio gets Altaïr bleeding effect before he even finds a seal) ?

The explination will also be shown in the Encyclopedia that will be released with the game.
As alex stated they are related to Desmond but not directly related to each other for example Ezio may be on Desmond's mothers side of the family and Altair may be on his Fathers side of the family.
Ezio can see Altair's memories because the seal's are artifacts left behind from those who came before (The First Civilization) and Altair uses their powers to record pivotal memories from his life. Technically it is not a bleeding effect, just like with the Animus the bleeding effect only occurs after over-exposure to the Animus. So just think of each seal as a mini Animus that can only have one memory viewed.

rob.davies2014
09-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Now hang on a moment, this chap raises a very good point which you lot haven't answered!
How can Ezio see Altair upon his arrival at Masyaf?
They are not related so it cannot be an ancestral genetic connection and Ezio is yet to find the first Seal of Altair.
I guess they just threw it in to make the trailer cooler! Even though it doesn't fit into the storyline...

LightRey
09-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
Now hang on a moment, this chap raises a very good point which you lot haven't answered!
How can Ezio see Altair upon his arrival at Masyaf?
They are not related so it cannot be an ancestral genetic connection and Ezio is yet to find the first Seal of Altair.
I guess they just threw it in to make the trailer cooler! Even though it doesn't fit into the storyline...
It's just the trailer emphasizing the fact that Ezio's on a quest to find out about Altaïr.

As for how it can be explained that Ezio has Altaïr's Eagle Vision, that's very simple. Altaïr wasn't the only one who had it, which makes perfect sense.

Brandonmac10
09-05-2011, 02:16 PM
You guys suck at answering questions -_____-

At comic con one of Ubisoft's workers said that the trailer IS part of the game.

My best guess is that it is Ezio's Eagle Snense. Eagle Vision let's Ezio see things that relate to his life, so mabye Eagle Sense will enhance that and let him see things from the past.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Brandonmac10:

At comic con one of Ubisoft's workers said that the trailer IS part of the game.

My best guess is that it is Ezio's Eagle Snense. Eagle Vision let's Ezio see things that relate to his life, so mabye Eagle Sense will enhance that and let him see things from the past.
No, it's not part of the game. They said that most of what happens in the trailer also happens in the game, which is most likely referring to Ezio traveling to Masyaf and him being captured and almost executed.

Check your sources before posting bs and insulting fellow members.

Crouching.Tiger
09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Remember how Desmond saw a ghost-like Ezio in the beginning of Brotherhood (and later towards the end)? I never really felt that looked like a bleeding effect either, since Desmond was watching Ezio, rather than watching through his eyes.

CRUDFACE
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Altair and Ezio are related by a number under 1%. Lol, sort of like how all people are related in some way. Both are related to Desmond through the family. go back far enough, and you see how two families become one in the tree.

About the Trailer reference, it goes two...three ways:

1-It looks cool and if you notice, none of the trailers in AC are THAT faithful to the actual game, not 100% anyways.

2-Yes, the trailer is part of the game, but it only holds some elements form the original gameplay

3-It shows what Ezio may go through, an...artificial bleeding effect induced by having Altair's life being infused into his. I'm assuming it's even more potent then what the trainees at abstergo are going through, like the multiplayer.

Originally posted by Crouching.Tiger:
Remember how Desmond saw a ghost-like Ezio in the beginning of Brotherhood (and later towards the end)? I never really felt that looked like a bleeding effect either, since Desmond was watching Ezio, rather than watching through his eyes.

Ever notice how the new Eagle sense ability to tell where a person will go looks resembles the bleeding effect? Hell, I think you need Eagle vision to actually be able to use those relics

Calvarok
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandonmac10:

No, it's not part of the game. They said that most of what happens in the trailer also happens in the game, which is most likely referring to Ezio traveling to Masyaf and him being captured and almost executed.

Check your sources before posting bs and insulting fellow members. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They actually did say that the trailer is more or less accurate to the game.

For all we know, the seal that Leandros had could have created that vision in Ezio's head. Since you need eagle vision to activate them, Leandros couldn't see it.

EDIT: but it's not confirmed, obviously.

thedeadman_47
09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
LINK!!!!
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...en-39-t-related.aspx (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/21/alta-239-r-and-ezio-aren-39-t-related.aspx)

rileypoole1234
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
The Pax Q&A after the demo also talk's about it for a bit.

LightRey
09-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandonmac10:

Check your sources before posting bs and insulting fellow members. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They actually did say that the trailer is more or less accurate to the game.

For all we know, the seal that Leandros had could have created that vision in Ezio's head. Since you need eagle vision to activate them, Leandros couldn't see it.

EDIT: but it's not confirmed, obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly, "more or less". This could easily not apply to Ezio seeing these "visions" of Altaïr.

Inorganic9_2
09-06-2011, 11:40 AM
I suppose eagle sense makes (here comes a bad pun)...sense. Altaïr's essence being imprinted onto the Masyaf (perhaps like the stone tape theory - people's life actions are recorded into the electromagnetic fields of their surroundings like a VHS) and Ezio's enhanced eagle sense allowing him to pick it up.

It seems then that Altaïr's family tree crosses Ezio's at a point below Ezio somewhere. Perhaps with his new flame? (whose name I seriously can't remember...can someone remind me before it annoys the hell out of me?)

CanterburyTales
12-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, now that the game has been released, we now know that not only is the stuff in the trailer canon, but in the events immediately following it (where Ezio is controlled by the player), Ezio could see Altaïr's 'ghost' even before he used any of the Memory Seals. And I do not think that this was Ezio seeing Altaïr in Eagle Sense as even when Eagle Sense is off, one can still see the 'ghost'.

naran6142
12-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by CanterburyTales:
Well, now that the game has been released, we now know that not only is the stuff in the trailer canon, but in the events immediately following it (where Ezio is controlled by the player), Ezio could see Altaïr's 'ghost' even before he used any of the Memory Seals. And I do not think that this was Ezio seeing Altaïr in Eagle Sense as even when Eagle Sense is off, one can still see the 'ghost'.

it is eagle sense because there is no other explanation

ezio cant be going through the bleeding effect because how would he get in that state?

also ur not supposed to revive old threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
12-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by CanterburyTales:
You are incorrect. It has been confirmed to be an effect of Eagle Sense. Eagle Sense is a sense (duh). It can't actually be turned on or off, that's just game mechanics. The game mechanics turning it on or off is just to represent the Ancestor/Desmond focusing on what they're seeing with Eagle Sense.